Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Problem with presenting a higher resolution system is you can't convey the difference through a compressed stream quality stream...

Really need numbers to convey difference ....resolution and fps on screen.

The price is the real winner here. At that price, if I were buying a PS4, it's a no brainer over the slim. The size and look of the console don't matter to me.

PS4Pro will sell better than XBs. 150$ difference when PS4P is 4 times as powerful is not much, games are going look generations apart.

You're really rounding up by a nearly full count?
I thought the specs were 1.3 TF to 4.2TF.
Or are you hoping for 1.3 TF to 5.2TF?

Thats only from GPU perspective. It barely has the increase needed in memory bandwidth or cpu to be 2.5x as powerful, let alone 4x.

1080p with bells and whistles or 4k without was what I got - pretty clear actually
I didn't get that from the messaging.

I got, this console supports higher resolution than 1080p. Will run a higher resolution and higher settings. If you don't have a 4K TV, the image will scale down, if you have a 4K TV it will scale up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear about 2 completely distinct graphical settings targeting resolution of your TV set.

But this is the right way to go imo - keep it simple for consoles. Scaling a higher res down, will still result in a better image.

Actually 3x compared to the One S. Not nearly enough to push native 4K, and will get outclassed by Scorpio next year.

Nothing prevents native 4k rendering on PS4 Pro. Smarter rendering techniques =/= upscaling. Those, of course, will also be relevant to Scorpio which will be able to increase other things over and above PS4 Plus.

Regards,
SB

Did we get hard details on specs? I did pick up on Mark Cerny mention "AMD Polaris" and said it is even using features "beyond that"....what he was referring to i don't know.

I didn't get that from the messaging.

I got, this console supports higher resolution than 1080p. Will run a higher resolution and higher settings. If you don't have a 4K TV, the image will scale down, if you have a 4K TV it will scale up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear about 2 completely distinct graphical settings targeting resolution of your TV se
But this is the right way to go imo - keep it simple for consoles. Scaling a higher res down, will still result in a better image.

3 different versions of the game

1. Ps4
2. Ps4 pro w/ 4k tv
3. Ps4 pro w/ 1080p

Realistically nobody is going to spend time creating three different versions of the same game.

399 for 4.2TF, 1TB HDD, in november.

Messaging was really focused on respecting existing owners which is exactly what they should do considering the current sales... and I have no idea how they can add HDR on existing PS4, they must have some nice fpga as part of the hdmi controller?

Emphasis on being the same generation seems to imply they really went tick-tock as opposed to MS.

Back