Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

If the PS4 Pro is only 4.2TFlop, then Mark Cerney should resign in shame for misrepresenting a product to millions of people. This console cannot push true 4K graphics of complex games without significant cheats. That point should be stressed to customers. If I sell a vehicle to someone for highway use that can only go 45MPH, when the speed limit on the interstate is 70, I am swindling them.

1080p with bells and whistles or 4k without was what I got - pretty clear actually

The best part about the design is my wife wouldn't notice the difference.... Although I'm not i need this yet, need to see PSVR first.

XBs games are going to look very bad compared to PS4Pro, and they are very close in price.

$249 vs $399 is close in price? Yes, I'm going by the average sales price of the Xbox One S and the announced price of PS4 Pro.

100 dollars more for the pro with twice the GPU at least? Surely you've got to be a dumb ass to even consider the slim.
It depends if you can afford a slim now or have to wait to save more for the Pro. And Sony put a lot of emphasis on 4K and HDR, if you don't have a 4K or HDR TV, the value prospect may not be that great. Consumers are a variable bunch and generally don't understand technology.

Still think it looks like the Triple Double Crunchwrap. :) Really big compared to the "slim". $399 is the right price, but missed the last half of the show so I didn't hear if it had 4K Blu-ray. I still think Sony missed a big opportunity to not include 4K and/or 4K Bluray in their slim.

Tommy McClain

If the PS4 Pro is only 4.2TFlop, then Mark Cerney should resign in shame for misrepresenting a product to millions of people. This console cannot push true 4K graphics of complex games without significant cheats. That point should be stressed to customers. If I sell a vehicle to someone for highway use that can only go 45MPH, when the speed limit on the interstate is 70, I am swindling them.

You do realize that everything about rendered game graphics is about finding "significant cheats"? Physically based lighting is all about finding those "significant cheats." Physics in games is all about finding those "significant cheats." Shadows in games are all about "significant cheats." Ambient Occlusion itself is a massive cheat.

It isn't possible to render 3D game graphics at playable framerates without "significant cheats" even if you were only rendering at 240p.

Regards,
SB

Where's my Vita 2??

If you are a 4k TV owner i don't see the value of getting a Pro/Scorpio, as 1080p games are going to look and probably play much better.

Did I miss the joke on this post?
The new console is probably rendering at 1440p or higher, and they have their own upscaler that probably behaves better than a TV's.
How is this worse than just stamping every 4 pixel square with the same color?

$249 vs $399 is close in price? Yes, I'm going by the average sales price of the Xbox One S and the anniunced price of PS4 Pro.

PS4Pro will sell better than XBs. 150$ difference when PS4P is 4 times as powerful is not much, games are going look generations apart.

I do realize everything about rending graphics is about cheats. I'm all for cheats! However, I'm not for cheats when it comes to resolution. If I buy a certain resolution -- I'm fine 720P -- then I want tried and true 720P with no cheating. I would never buy a game with "checkerbox" rendering that claimed to be 4K but really was only upscaled.

You're not going to see enhancements to game design, games still have to run on base PS4 hardware and the scope for differences are limited.
Agreed, my point is really the investment and emphasis is on visuals. It's like reducing The Bachelor to simply measurements and hair color, there is a lot more involved with generating a good experience yet sadly the industry obsesses on visuals.

Yeah i think most if not all pro patched titles for 1080p screens will be almost exclusively 4k supersampling. Who wants to make 3 different versions of their game?

What was shown of superior 1080p rendering? PS4 with a bit of supersampling?
One of the clips of a game I didn't recognise mentioned something like the lines of a "higher density" environment but it was in a montage of lots of clips. Can't recall if that was 1080p of 1080++

Back