Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Please no CoD
I have not seen them mention the TFLOPs of the console. To me, this confirms there was no significant upgrade from 4.2TFlops. If so, they are selling a product that cannot push out the 4K graphics they are talking about with tremendously cheating or making simplistic games. Consumers should stay away from this device and wait for the PS5. With 10TFLOP or more, games would actually be able to push 4K at today's quality or a little better.

I may be mistaken, though. Have they announced the TFLOP of the system?

You are right, we would need 4x, not 2.3x. I would not be surprised if a lot of games run at e.g 1500p and are just upscaled. I see more benefits for 2k gaming still.

I have not seen them mention the TFLOPs of the console. To me, this confirms there was no significant upgrade from 4.2TFlops. If so, they are selling a product that cannot push out the 4K graphics they are talking about with tremendously cheating or making simplistic games. Consumers should stay away from this device and wait for the PS5. With 10TFLOP or more, games would actually be able to push 4K at today's quality or a little better.

I may be mistaken, though. Have they announced the TFLOP of the system?

cerny said more than doubled so yeah, 4.2TF

If they are not using a full polaris architecture, then that 4.2TFlops will not even include the full efficiency benefits of the AMD 480.

Have they said anything about the TFLOP count of the system?

If you are a 4k TV owner i don't see the value of getting a Pro/Scorpio, as 1080p games are going to look and probably play much better.

Especially when Xbox One S already plays 4k BluRays and will have HDR enabled 4K Apps.

Back