Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Why were they so tight lipped about PS4 slim? They skimmed past it like it was nothing. Now they're going over Neo in detail, sort of. THey're talking about industry standards for the last 15 minutes. No real talk about community issues yet, or specs.

I must have missed it, but it's on GAF that PS4 Slim was announced at 299.

I think people hoping for 249 was a pipe dream. Sony is making good $ on PS4 apparently and this will likely continue that. It's not like they haven't outsold Xbox easily anytime they've been the same price (and usually even when PS4 costs more)

Cerny said PS4 pro could improve VR frame rates, that's what I've been expecting all along even if how that exactly will improve PSVR is unclear right now.....

I must have missed it, but it's on GAF that PS4 Slim was announced at 299.

I think people hoping for 249 was a pipe dream. Sony is making good $ on PS4 apparently and this will likely continue that. It's not like they haven't outsold Xbox easily anytime they've been the same price (and usually even when PS4 costs more)

Yah, they gave it a couple of minutes at the start.

So "pro" is out this fall is what I got from that bull shit

Way to spoil Sony's end of show price Activision

So glad that console users are finally getting a taste of what PC gaming is like with upgraded graphics with upgraded hardware. Should have nice effects for PC gamers as well, with titles now being able to target more powerful console hardware.

Regards,
SB

I have not seen them mention the TFLOPs of the console. To me, this confirms there was no significant upgrade from 4.2TFlops. If so, they are selling a product that cannot push out the 4K graphics they are talking about with tremendously cheating or making simplistic games. Consumers should stay away from this device and wait for the PS5. With 10TFLOP or more, games would actually be able to push 4K at today's quality or a little better.

I may be mistaken, though. Have they announced the TFLOP of the system?

If you are a 4k TV owner i don't see the value of getting a Pro/Scorpio, as 1080p games are going to look and probably play much better.

Back