Holiday trip ideas

I make a point of not visiting violent, corrupt dictatorships on my vacations, even if they're culturally/culinary/historically/etc fascinating.

when I go there, Suddenly I have blond hair, I'm like Um no I have light brown hair, but theyre like you have blond hair blue eyes

I have arrived :) Little bit cloudy today, but not too bad and it's supposedly getting better. My rental car had some issues and I'm getting it replaced with another car later today. I slept only about 3 hours last night, so my first day is just going to be all about relaxing, buying some groceries and getting to bed early. My brother and his family and my parents are coming here for a one week next Saturday, so can't get rid of them that easily haha.

kreeta2.jpg kreeta1.jpg

Well I am looking forward for next year! This year I had to skip the trip to Crete and was sad about it... I had the nice trip to Thailand at the start of the year, but after that It's been a bit of a grind... I started working during the night and did a fair bit of overtime while dropped my weight about 20kgs so far. I have a bad habit of destroying a ton of food on my holidays and then have to bust my ass while in Finland...I'll try to change that habit next time :)

Initially I was planning on skipping travelling in 2018 altogether and save more money for future trips, but I managed to put in so many hours of overtime that I changed my mind. I already booked flights to Bangkok in August, my flight is in 29 days and I'll fly back at the end of April. I go back to work in May, but I also bought tickets to Crete in September and got a place for 4 weeks. I only have to work 4 months between the holidays and a total of 5 months of holiday next year is making me pretty pumped for the year. I'll do a 12 day trip to Ho Chi Minh as an extended visa run in March as well.

Cretian grilled lamb chops, ooh, would be SO delish. :) And, the fruit and vegetables they have down there - to die for. Well, not literally of course. :)

Haven't been to Crete since the early half of the 1990s and been missing the place ever since.

Cretian grilled lamb chops, ooh, would be SO delish. :) And, the fruit and vegetables they have down there - to die for. Well, not literally of course. :)

Haven't been to Crete since the early half of the 1990s and been missing the place ever since.

Greek food is a big reason why I like to go back there. :D

a total of 5 months of holiday next year is making me pretty pumped for the year. I'll do a 12 day trip to Ho Chi Minh as an extended visa run in March as well.
Ho Chi Minh is busy to put it lightly, I'ld head up to Dalat or to the beach at nha trang (just mind the russia tourists),
lucky cunt, though my year wasnt too bad, started 2 weeks in philippines and a month in africa in the middle of the year on safari and a week in UAE and about to go to hawaii during the xmas break. Next year I'm only really planning of going to ukraine for Chernobyl, though it all could change

Ho Chi Minh is busy to put it lightly, I'ld head up to Dalat or to the beach at nha trang (just mind the russia tourists),
lucky cunt, though my year wasnt too bad, started 2 weeks in philippines and a month in africa in the middle of the year on safari and a week in UAE and about to go to hawaii during the xmas break. Next year I'm only really planning of going to ukraine for Chernobyl, though it all could change

I don't mind busy for a duration like that, but I'll have to see how it feels and what I will do. I will meet some people in Samui (where I will spent the majority of my trip) who live in Ho Chi Minh, so maybe they'll show me around a bit...

Well I decided to do a new post on this topic. I did have my Crete trip in September and had already bought my winter flights in May. I just arrived to Bangkok on Monday and will be in Thailand and Vietnam until May 2nd. I brought my PS4 Pro with me again. Often on my travels I have been in pretty good apartments, but the TVs have been a mixed back, never great. I read about portable LED-projectors and zeroed in on an LG PF50KS/KA model and after about 2 months of hunting for a deal, I found a shop in Spain that sold it more than 200€ cheaper than I could find in Germany or Finland. Ended up paying 460e plus 25e for UPS and this thing is a beast for the size. The pics don't do it justice.

My apartment in BKK has quite a small living room, so the throw distance is shortish, still the picture is about 75-80" by my estimation. I'm using medium brightness and there is some light bleeding into the room, but the picture is mindbogglingly good considering what it is. This thing has native 1080P resolution, 2 HDMI inputs. USB A and C port, Ethernet and Wifi, 12000mAh battery, good for around 2h on battery alone, speakers, bluetooth support. You can wirelessly send video or mirror displays to it, while outputting sound to bluetooth speaker, while running on battery. It also has smart-TV features, you can watch Youtube, Netflix and browse the web on the unit and they work pretty good.

The size is 17x17x5cm, super easy to carry with me on my travels.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys!

I will finally be travelling to Asia for the first time this summer. I'll be flying to Shanghai and back after 20 days. The idea is to fly off somewhere else - Bali, Indonesia for sure, but I'd like at least one more place to see before going back to Shanghai for a couple days and then back to London.

I was thinking Vietnam, which seems like a good combination with China and Indonesia.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks!

No you cant.
I dont know any gay jokes about Portugal ;)

Reading this thread for the first time and I must say that I'm VERY disappointed at you, @Davros . How come you didn't even try with Shangay or something like that after LB's OP?

:mad:

No you cant.
I dont know any gay jokes about Portugal ;)

If that's the sole criterion, it's rather fortunate for LB that Greece is such a wonderful place, with so much to see that one could visit it every year and discover something new every time. But Portugal is nice.

Btw anyone planning to go to Bali should think again for another place. Currently lombok is still "real" enough dunno for how long

Back