PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just no good way to go from a non-Neo press event.
They could focus on PSVR and upcoming winter season games instead. There's plenty stuff to make a hullaballoo about.

Of course, this guy right here would love for Sony to blow the lid off of Neo, so to speak... :)

They could focus on PSVR and upcoming winter season games instead. There's plenty stuff to make a hullaballoo about.

Of course, this guy right here would love for Sony to blow the lid off of Neo, so to speak... :)
That's what PSX is for or even TSG, and if you want to just do a big PSVR event then do it the day of its release. I agree that they have other things they could/will talk about, the problem now is that the hype has been allowed to center on a Neo announcement so that the din from a no announcement would drowned out anything else.

In the end it doesn't matter because this will be a Neo announcement. :D

7TF, Zen lite, 12GB GDDR5, $599.

Or

5.5TF, Zen lite, 12GB GDDR5, $499

Which one would you prefer and which one would be received better? $599 will draw some ire from poor children and haters, but gain more respect from the PC crowd and have MS crying in defeat which is sure to make bigger headlines. A 7TF box in 2016 definitely has some substantial wow factor to it.

On the other hand, 5.5TF will already be more than expected, and still within mass market reach. Choose now.

Where are you pulling those numbers from? they don't make any sense.

On topic; I'm curious as to what die size the Neo and Scorpio will be, the XB1-S is large even at 16nm. Are we looking at a ~350mm2 SoC?

Looks like the Neo will be stacked Ps4 slims: http://file1.a9vg.com/data/attachment/forum/201609/03/212017zxqytywqq4ytqxy5.jpg

From the number of ports it also looks like it'll have the exact same configuration with the current Ps4 (optical included). And that also means that the separate box included in PSVR isn't actually in the Neo.
It may not look that bad actually come to think of it. I could picture a slim with an extra layer andaybe a more premium polish looking pretty decent.

Trying to imagine the m/b configuration. If the bd tray is on the upper layer that could mean the m/b is taking most of the lower space (except the one taken by psu of course).

Trying to imagine the m/b configuration. If the bd tray is on the upper layer that could mean the m/b is taking most of the lower space (except the one taken by psu of course).
Yeah that makes sense. With the m/b on the top, the fat ps4 had the ODD aligning the slot in the middle. This time it's basically a flipped PS4 design. They would put the HDD under the ODD where the board is reaching, maybe the board is L-shaped again.

I think something a lot of people are missing in this incremental console iterations is the how the software transition is handled. I think Sony releasing Neo a year ahead is not only an advantage in terms of hardware but in terms of games.

Think next year when Scorpio launches. Sony will have had a year of pretty big titles optimized for neo.

So while the back catalog exists for both...the "optimized high end version" back catalog will go further back for Sony.

Who says it'll be a year ahead? At this point NEO is just as likely to launch in 2017 as it is in 2016.

In the mean time, some can play the XBox titles on their even higher end PCs which make the NEO pale in comparison. And then when Scorpio is released, it can run the Win10 version of the game which might be even more optimized than the NEO titles.

I have doubt they'll even mention the flops of Neo at this event. same reason MS was mum on XBO GPU specs.

When you have less, dont draw attention to it. They'll probably just say "immensely powerful custom AMD GPU" or something.

I could be wrong, maybe they'll say 4.2 or whatever they end up at, but it wouldn't surprise me if they dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back