No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

There was an update today. Anyone know whats in that?
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/28/no-mans-sky-update-1-07-live-ps4/

Exploit fixes, bug fixes, crash fixes. Most of what was talked about in this thread has been fixed. Including the +1 exploit from Gek transmission towers.

As much as I have a major problem with the story so far, in a frustrating way (to be continued, maybe I'm completely wrong), I have a LOT of respect for them patching so quickly. This is a million times better than my fucking Kerbal Space Program corrupting all my save games every few days, and no patch since launch.

I am still trying to reach the center without the atlas. Polo is my best friend right now, and I will not let him down.

My first post in a very very long time. I'm very much enjoying this game. I read through quite a few pages of posts here amongst all the other interwebz stuff and I'm still amazed at the amount of talk around this title. I'm 30 hours into the game, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface and I've surely got my $60 worth. re: Preorders - You get what you get with that and if you feel compelled to commit that type of loot before you see, read, play anything about it....that's kind of the point of preorders.

latest data, its a terrible game hated by all, but yet ppl cant stop playing it, I will update in a couple of weeks or month to see if it holds up

Doom (2016)
Playtime total: 15:09 (average) 10:03 (median)

No Mans Sky (2016)
Playtime total: 21:16 (average) 15:25 (median)

I'll buy it when it is cheap and debugged.

I really wanted to buy it day 1 to support the devs for their cool tec idea. However, after seeing vids about right in your face Molyneux type lies by Sean...I'll decided to wait a bit.

The devs still get my money, kudos to their universe, just a bit less.

Well, they paid for and were involved in the marketing, and paraded it around like a AAA game. They could have at least acknowledged that they were involved, instead of making it sound like they had nothing to do with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all the backlash due to the fact that there are many features that are not in the game that were promised by Sean Murray? If so, how is Sony to blame at all?

I mean to be honest I didn't really follow this game very closely, but in every interview or game event that I saw, it was Sean Murray talking.

Well, they paid for and were involved in the marketing, and paraded it around like a AAA game. They could have at least acknowledged that they were involved, instead of making it sound like they had nothing to do with it.
This game was hyped since day 1, hence why Sony gave him a lot of stage time and marketing. But every time it was Sean talking, not Sony. To me it seems like a combination of people's expectations being set too high, and Sean Murray over-promising.

Last edited:
In what way were Sony involved? They revealed it and ran a few advertising type features on the blog etc., but they weren't present at the interviews or anything. As the EG interview says, Sean Murray was the primary publisher and PR controller as such. Sony basically just printed and distributed the discs.

In the many years and failings of Peter Molyneux, how often has the finger of blame been pointed at MS and EA and whatever publisher he had? Never that I recall. Does any publisher of any medium accept responsibility for their creators' actions? Most they can do is tell them to shut up, which you don't really do in a hands-off partnership.

Yoshida was very respectful. Nobody is throwing anyone under the bus.

Do you at least understand what the criticism is? It's about Sean Murray talking about features they didn't deliver. It has nothing to do with the meaningless AAA label. Sony have nothing to do with the development or the features, and they never implied it was a very large team. They only said it was a huge game from a small team because the content was procedural, which is absolutely true, this game is gigantic. (and that was only Adam Boyes if I remember, it wasn't really in the name of sony but his personal impression)

It's Hello Games who insisted to have their own time slot on stage at E3 in exchange for console exclusivity, it was the deal. Sean Murray hyped everything himself: on stage, at multiple talk shows, articles, interviews. None of those have anything to do with Sony. At no point did Sony hyped specific features of the game.

Adam Boyes saw alpha versions and he was excited about it. No apology needed. Unless you want every gamers who enjoyed NMS to apologize to you for liking the game.

Last edited:
So has Sean Murray basically been hiding since release? I haven't seen any post-release interviews yet.

So has Sean Murray basically been hiding since release? I haven't seen any post-release interviews yet.
They sent a mail saying Devs need to heard by their work not words, something along that lines and have since not heard anything from him. I guess they realised how internet is and with portals also not working in the game, I guess its best to patch those stuff in or keep mum. Anything he says is only going to flare up now.
I am just happy the game works for my family. Whenever we sit together we play NMS and enjoy. When I am alone I play other games.

I wonder where is the update that was going to "make a lot of gamers happy"?

They sent a mail saying Devs need to heard by their work not words, something along that lines and have since not heard anything from him. I guess they realised how internet is and with portals also not working in the game, I guess its best to patch those stuff in or keep mum. Anything he says is only going to flare up now.
I am just happy the game works for my family. Whenever we sit together we play NMS and enjoy. When I am alone I play other games.

I wonder where is the update that was going to "make a lot of gamers happy"?
the last I heard is that there a couple of mods fixing some of the things that were shown in trailers but didn't make into the final game, like instants teleport portals and a mod that improves LOD.

No more interesting news, patches, experiences from the players?

After all the negative things I've read about this game, I still would like to have a PS4 in order to play it (nope, I don't use my PC for gaming).

yea, seems completely silent these days from Hello Game's side. I fire it up now and then when I want to relax or when my daughter is around. Find new planets, get awed by the place, find treasures, sell them, move on. but getting no gaming time lately at all. Busy making all the VR shorts.
b

Back