Electric Vehicle Thread!

They needed to admit it was fake ?
Well, I'd prefer if they didn't lie to me in the first place and say they were gonna shoot a missile at a car, then not actually do it, and instead just go on pretending for the rest of the show as if they just did. That's just lies and fuckery to the nth degree.

It wasn't obvious to you especially as Clarkson was killed in that clip yet was strangely alive enough
to introduce it
He didn't die in the show I saw, as I recall there was nobody in the car they "shot" at. Well, pretended to shoot at, really.

did that not give you a tiny hint his death may not be real
Well, no, because I didn't buy their stupid fucking bullshit in the first place. Like I said in my previous post the clip was poorly faked CG, so even if he'd been in the fucking car he wouldn't have died. Seriously dav, reading comprehension?

...Although now that I think about it, blowing up that psychopath Jeremy Clarkson would have been quite satisfying (and making the world a better place too I might add.)

and instead just go on pretending for the rest of the show
They were pretending Clarkson was dead when he's standing there and talking about the video he died in, really ?

as I recall there was nobody in the car they "shot" at.
It was driving itself ?

psychopath Jeremy Clarkson
ok I'll bite why is he a psychopath.

Video in Question
be aware Clarkson doesn't actually die via missile strike
I know many of you wont believe me because they never released a statement saying he wasnt blown up

No one admitted teenage mutant ninja turtles arnt real are you still angry about that

Last edited:
Mom bought an electric bike.
Mom too scared for a ride.
Whoa, climbing up hills are a delight.

Seriously, my house is on hills and riding a bike has been a pain in the legs.

The battery voltage drops to 50% when climbing the most ridiculous hill right in front of my house tho.

Wow no posts for over a year.

New EVs introduced last year, more to be introduced this year.

Has anyone been in the market?

I would have bought an EV but with the chip shortages and other supply chain disruptions, all cars are scarce and EVs which get hyped, like the Ioniq 5, are getting 5-figure dealer markups -- in California.

So I leased a Honda, the best deal I could get, will see in 3 years if the market is more of a buyer's market.

I love my tesla. I don't smell gas anymore, no more stains in my garage or driveway. I never worry about leaving kids in car while the car is running. Never have to think about carbon monoxide poisoning happening in my living room which sits above my garage. I never know the current gas price *though lately that's changed because of the memes and posts*. I never spend more than 10 seconds of my own time to charge. Trips cost me nearly nothing in energy costs.

the down sides. You do get a bit of range anxiety for further trips. That's about it. You have some battery degradation over time. But overall, I don't see most EV owners ever going back to ICE. The change in lifestyle is significant.

I have an MG ZS EV. Really nice care, but I get range anxiety sometimes. Looking forward to upgrade when my lease is up next summer.

I'm waiting till car prices become reasonable again and I can get an electric I actually want. The choices are still slim. Id4, model y, mache, ionic etc are all the same basically. Pretty annoying if I'm are honest.

I'm waiting till car prices become reasonable again and I can get an electric I actually want. The choices are still slim. Id4, model y, mache, ionic etc are all the same basically. Pretty annoying if I'm are honest.

I've done the same, took out a lease on CRV to tide me over for 3 years.

I don't want dealers to get thousands in markup because there's a shortage of cars.

So I'll wait until the lease is done.

BTW, 10 years from now there may be big increases in battery efficiency or much lower costs. But my prediction is that they will still make cars with 250 miles or so range rather than push the rage up over 300 miles or towards 400.

They will either lower prices that way or increase their margins.

Some people will be holdouts for more range but this is a small segment of the market that needs to regularly take long road trips.

I personally want a car with 6 seats and don't need more than 200miles range, but the 6 seats is impossible to find in a reasonable price. I was hoping the buzz would provide that in us, but as you say technology may improve. I personally doubt it will be much prices for batteries already dropped like a rock and have flattened out now.

I’m waiting for my new electric car. Decided to stay with Mercedes so I got an EQA 350, the fastest model cause I’m stupid like that. Totally unnecessary.

I’m waiting for my new electric car. Decided to stay with Mercedes so I got an EQA 350, the fastest model cause I’m stupid like that. Totally unnecessary.
I'm also stupid and like to drive fast in mountain roads around here. I've never seen study of power consumption in these conditions and I'm afraid range would be very short. And that's why I again ordered a thermal car even though 4 years ago I said it would be my last petrol car...

Last edited:
This is my BMW iX, which I'm collecting on Wednesday:

IMG_20220318_123443.jpg

It has about 300 miles of real world range when it's not winter and 195kW max charging rate.

BMW has a "new car locator" on its website. That makes it really easy to find a car that someone ordered months ago but then didn't buy.

This is my BMW iX, which I'm collecting on Wednesday:

IMG_20220318_123443.jpg

It has about 300 miles of real world range when it's not winter and 195kW max charging rate.

BMW has a "new car locator" on its website. That makes it really easy to find a car that someone ordered months ago but then didn't buy.
love it. Hope to see more of these on the roads. I actually think I've seen something similar on the roads before? Do they make a version that isn't a SUV? But it definitely had that grill and lighting setup.

I'm also stupid and like to drive fast in mountain roads around here. I've never seen study of power consumption in these conditions and I'm afraid range would be very short. And that's why I again ordered a thermal car even though 4 years ago I said it would be my last petrol car...
I went up and down a large ski mountain several times in the dead cold of winter, and I didn't have a warm garage charging my car overnight. I was getting about 25% of my rated mileage doing that. Really put on some hard range anxiety. With 30km rated range left I was worried I wouldn't make 5km to the super charger. Luckily made it with about 22km left

I went up and down a large ski mountain several times in the dead cold of winter, and I didn't have a warm garage charging my car overnight. I was getting about 25% of my rated mileage doing that. Really put on some hard range anxiety.
Ouch that sounds pretty bad :( What Tesla do you have?

With 30km rated range left I was worried I wouldn't make 5km to the super charger. Luckily made it with about 22km left
Before going for a 2 hours run in the mountains, I once read the already rolled distance rather than the remaining distance. I was so concentrated, I did not take care about the bip of the car saying I had reached the reserve. When I saw that, the computer was saying 20km left. And no gas station before 50km. The good news was that it was downhill from that point :) I don't want to live that again...

Ouch that sounds pretty bad :( What Tesla do you have?

Before going for a 2 hours run in the mountains, I once read the already rolled distance rather than the remaining distance. I was so concentrated, I did not take care about the bip of the car saying I had reached the reserve. When I saw that, the computer was saying 20km left. And no gas station before 50km. The good news was that it was downhill from that point :) I don't want to live that again...
I have an older 2017 model S.

To be fair, we put it under the worse possible conditions. It was -20 outside. The car had sat outside in a chalet where we were staying. I was driving up and down a steep hill in which easily could have resulted in an accident. We had roof rack and roof storage up there for the skis.
So when you do all that combined with a cold battery in cold conditions, it can really wreak havoc on your mileage while you're doing it.

But the drive home was fine.

Back