Nintendo WiiU/Wii games visual comparisons to other platforms *spawn*

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

We don't own a WiiU but have friends and family who do, visually the games look good enough that nobody complains when using a WiiU versus a PS4 in fact I'd be shocked if they can tell a difference

aZ1NrnK.jpg

60LJiA5.jpg

I recommend an appointment with an ophthalmologist...

aZ1NrnK.jpg

60LJiA5.jpg

I recommend an appointment with an ophthalmologist...

Not to say that you are wrong but comparing two entirely different titles is not fair since games can have vastly different art styles like is the case. FFXV aimed for realistic while the other one clearly did not. Plus FFXV textures are absolutely horrendous, is that because PS4 cannot do better? Clearly that is not the case. I never owned a Wii U so I cannot comment further, but would you have screens from the same game running on PS4 and Wii U? That would certainly be more interesting than "I recommend anophthalmologist"... Just saying ;)

Not to say that you are wrong but comparing two entirely different titles is not fair since games can have vastly different art styles like is the case. FFXV aimed for realistic while the other one clearly did not. Plus FFXV textures are absolutely horrendous, is that because PS4 cannot do better? Clearly that is not the case. I never owned a Wii U so I cannot comment further, but would you have screens from the same game running on PS4 and Wii U? That would certainly be more interesting than "I recommend anophthalmologist"... Just saying ;)
I'm sure people can see a difference between Uncharted 3 and 4.

I'm sure people can see a difference between Uncharted 3 and 4.

I can't see what's your point?

1) Uncharted follows more or less the same art style so it's easy comparable, unlike the comparison above, which does not.

2) You are comparing two different generations of hardware, while the comparison is supposed to be between PS4 and Wii U, from the same generation.

Plus, the second image is not even from Wii U but Wii, which was not even 720p!
Are we just debating based on our beliefs or reality?

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is a comparison of Assassin's Creed 4: Black flag.

To be honest, there's so much aliasing you can see it in the thumbnail.

I can't see what's your point?

1) Uncharted follows more or less the same art style so it's easy comparable, unlike the comparison above, which does not.

2) You are comparing two different generations of hardware, while the comparison is supposed to be between PS4 and Wii U, from the same generation.

Plus, the second image is not even from Wii U but Wii, which was not even 720p!
Are we just debating based on our beliefs or reality?
Wii U is generation apart from PS4 power wise and does not have any PS4 level games. PS4 only has some ports from last gen. Assassin's Creed 4: Black flag is a bad example for such comparison.

Look at Deus Ex
5rsf2.jpg

nhszn.jpg

grsnr.jpg

31sl6.jpg

I'm sure everyone will see a difference.

Last edited:
Thank you! There is a difference in quality, especially with all the aliasing on the Wii U version, but I would say this proves the point of Temesgen. For the average Joe, the difference is not as big, since they are not necessarily looking for them.

The internet doesn't necessarily show the differences (although, that pic certainly DOES). I've found most youtubes comparing lets say, the 360 version of a multiplat with the PS4/XBO version your inclination is to say "the difference is not that great".

However on my TV it's a different story. It's different playing a compressed video in a small window to an uncompressed game on an HDTV. After playing Destiny on One many hundreds of hours I'd go back to the 360 version to compare. I was blown away how rough it looked.

I find some validity in either argument. You can rightly claim it's not a sea change, you can also rightly claim it's a really big difference IMO. Both are true.

Direct capture from X, Mass Effect 3 and Legend of Kay.

Attachments

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 22
  • WiiU_screenshot_TV_010DC.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_010DC.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 19
  • WiiU_screenshot_TV_01934.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_01934.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
What's the point of this thread? Are we proving Wii U is less powerful? Oh boy.

When I talk to Wuu owners, the last thing they care about is some aliasing in ports. They want their Nintendo games.

Last edited:
Can we stop with the stereotyping. I actually bought a Wii u to play games like Zombi U. Of course I realize that was a mistake now given that third parties dropped it like a lead balloon but that's beside the point.

What's the point of this thread? Are we proving Wii U is less powerful? Oh boy.

When I talk to Wuu owners, the last thing they care about is some aliasing in ports. They want their Nintendo games.

I think it spawned because of the comment about your average consumer wont see/notice a huge difference between Wii U and X1/PS4 level graphics. To your average person, not a core gamer who buys and plays games all the time, but your average consumer will see a games playing on a TV, and regardless if its a 360/PS3/Wii U game, or a PS4/X1 game, they will likely have the same comments about how realistic the graphics are these days. They will be impressed with just about everything. Gears Of War on 360 will still impress this group. For this reason, games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros look very nice, they aren't going to notice the compromises Nintendo had to make. Most consumers have no clue what AA even is.

Most consumers know that PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox one. That's why the the sales are 2:1. Most 'average' gamers are more tech savvy than you realise.

And Nintendo and Sega before their demise sell a lot better in Japan. Homegrown companies always do better on the home turf. Maybe because they understand the market better.

Last edited:
Back