Battlefield 1

The desert part of the trailer didn't look that amazing but the naval battle was pretty awesome, hope that's a long ass game segment not just a few minutes of gameplay. I guess I'm just not overly fond of the WW1 class vehicles and technology to fully appreciate the game.

Trailer looked amazing. Wonder how the console versions are going to compare.

900p, 720p ... You can guess the platforms. Hopefully it has nicer AA than Battlefront. FXAA ain't cutting it now. Otherwise, if Battlefront is a good indicator, there won't be any major differences otherwise.

900p, 720p ... You can guess the platforms. Hopefully it has nicer AA than Battlefront. FXAA ain't cutting it now. Otherwise, if Battlefront is a good indicator, there won't be any major differences otherwise.

Yeah the resolutions is a given considering the last two games, though with Neo and Scorpio coming out I hope they move to a dynamic resolution setup in the future.

I'm also curious to see how well the frame rate holds up. I know Battlefront was a solid performer, but BF titles typically have more destruction going on to tax the CPU.

Amazing trailer regardless.

Edit:

just realized the game should be out with a Neo mode if rumors are true.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the stream yesterday. 4 games on the same map was a bit much I wished they showed another new map but it does look really solid overall.

I love everything that is dynamic in this game. The destruction&ground deformation,weather.Then you have these new vehicles at least on this map like trains,horse gameplay looks fun too.Looks like cars and planes have somewhat realistic physics just like the bodies. not bad at all.

Last edited:
One hour gameplay

Shorter version with the most important stuff

It's a huge multiplayer map and it has still a lot of details and Tesselation/POM. The rocks looking good and the sound will most likely be amazing too.

Last edited:
It's been a loooong time since I played Battlefield the last time, we (me and my brothers) switched to MW2 and has stayed on the CoD-path ever since. But as I was visiting my parents this weekend, all three brothers happened to be back home at the same time (that's quite unusual) and we saw the Gamescom-trailer, and we are now seriously concidering sitting the new CoD out in favor for BF1 instead.

Been playing the beta on PC, something is wrong with the GI/AO indoors (PC ultra):

battlefield108.30.201sqsqo.png

Overall, it looks nice. Although it reminds more more of Battlefront gameplay wise than Battlefield 3/4, which is a shame. Maybe the other maps are a bit better.

Funny , my friends who signed up for ea insider have got mails for the beta. I signed up the first , i haven't got it -_-

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Heh, I've signed up to plenty of dumb stuff to get in betas. Still remember when I became a "combat tester" or whatever to get Crysis 360 beta. I think this time I can wait a day.

So I played this on the PC for a bit tonight:

Graphics: I guess they are fine but nothing mind blowing. Maybe it's the map. I had everything maxed out on ultra with TAA and HBAO also. Fov was 90 and resolution scale was 50%. Everything was over 70fps on a 980ti at 1600p for reference.
Sounds: Sounds were fine but not as meaty as BF games before it for some reason. It didn't mess aroudn much int eh audio settings to be fair so will have to revisit this
Gameplay: The guns don't really feel good. No real impact feel of making contact. The Sniper is way too easy whereas the LMG was quite bad.
Fun factor: Previous BF games would get be hyped up and ready for the full game! I came away pretty underwhelmed. Instead of losing hours into the beta I was mind of the clock all the time. It just wasn't a lot of fun. I will play more though and see if something clicks.
Vehicles: I'm not a big vehicles guys but they seemed ok enough

Compared to the videos and such, the actual gameplay at least in the demo didn't really get me excited for the final product. It seemed more like a SW: Battlefront game with a WW1 skin than a deep BF game. Next time, I'll split my time between BF1 and BF4 to see what I feel is missing.

Played for a number of hours. Framerate on Xbox One is poor. Visuals are a huge upgrade over BF4, but still very soft looking because of 720p. Jaggies are not that pronounced.

Lots of bugs right now, especially in the menu. Try to stay out of the start menu on Xbox One, and don't bother changing your visual settings because they'll reset at the start of every match.

War Tapes setting for audio is great.

Lots of nice touches, like not being able to use iron sights while wearing a gas mask. The "power ups" like flamethrower are an interesting addition.

Map is pretty good, but not one of my favourites I've played in a Battlefield game. It is pretty good though. The biggest downside, or maybe design problem I've seen in the game mode is that the train basically doesn't contribute much of anything. I'm not sure how it spawns, but so far I haven't seen a train really impact the game.

Conquest still plays like conquest. My squad basically rolled top squad every game and the basic Battlefield play style still works/wins.

The overall controls feel like BF, but the guns are much looser and have biggest strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the faster firing weapons are very loose and have poor accuracy over distance. You can't snipe with smgs and lmgs like in other additions of the game. That does seem to favour a ton of people playing sniper, but so far my squad has never rolled one and we're always top and usually win. Sniping is the way to try to sit back and accumulate k:d ratio while losing. Purchasing a few of the weapons available is a good idea as they're better than the default ones.

Had a pretty good time playing it tonight.

Back