Inside by Playdead [XO, PS4 soon]

In other words, the best Xbox One game of all time. The only two games that are close to that score are Ori and Forza 6. It's from the creators of Limbo.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-28-at-15.39.16.png

Last edited:
In other words, the best Xbox One game of all time. The only two games that are close to that score are Ori and Forza 6. It's from the creators of Limbo.

I know I am going to love this game even if I have just seen a couple of screenshots! It will also be released on others platforms later...

Our goal is of course to get Inside into the hands of as many gamers as possible, but we can’t say anything about other potential platforms at this point.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/07/is_limbo_dev_playdeads_inside_coming_to_ps4

You mean a win10 tablet? So it supports Intel GPUs with playable framerates?

yup. in 15 watt mode, it runs smoothly at 720p (have not tried higher resolution). But in 6watt mode, it only runs smooth in 540p (and forcing Intel GPU into power-save mode, thus giving more power to the CPU).

what weird is, this game still look nice in 540p. Its like watching a DVD of an animation. Sure it looks blurry but it looks good (INSIDE have really nice anti aliasing).

Neat, I wish my Shield tablet had an Intel CPU, such a wasted potential for those Kepler cores.

Though since you're saying it looks good in 540p it should play nice on a Vita. Wonder it they ever make a port. I got Limbo on PS+ and finished it on the Vita, it had to be the platform of choice with those black levels ;).

This game is pretty cool indeed. Holding my interest enough to play it concurrently with Destiny, which Quantum Break and heck even Halo 5 couldn't do.

I actually like that it's supposedly 4 hours short. Nowdays with Destiny I dont want super long experiences and besides that usually just screams to me "padding". Not sure this gameplay wouldn't grow tiresome over more hours.

So to those who finished the game...

What does it all mean? Really. I googled explanation but I'm not satisfied by them. It all just left me very confused.

OK, I finished as well. Without delving into spoilers outside spoiler tags, I'll just say...

F that. The ending sucks and (kind of) ruins the whole game, since mostly I'd been playing just to get to this "revolutionary" ending. The actual gameplay starts to get pretty repetitive and I found myself checking the load status to see how far from the end I was very frequently since it was all rather tedious. And of course, I'd have rather been playing Destiny Crucible which is essentially liquid crack.

I say "kind of" ruins the game because the gameplay/puzzles itself isn't that great either. Dont waste your money on this game is my advice.

London Boy...

I dont know either, in realtime the ending completely befuddled and disgusted me, I googled too, basically as I get it, the gross blob, which was some kind of experiment I guess, had sought you the boy out, and mind controlled you to go all the way to it and free it from it's prison, so it could go happily rot on the beach free in the sun, or something. Basically some twisted dudes made this and Limbo is what it boils down too. Also, the synopsis I read claims it could all be some sort of self important uber meta too, since in a way you the player were the ultimate one being mind controlled to go free the blob not the onscreen boy. Blah blah blah yawn.

I must say,
it was so abrupt and confusing that it really just ended up being disappointing. To the point that I immediately thought I'd missed something, and my partner who was sitting next to me (after hours of me telling him to watch this game, it's gorgeous and the ending is going to be amazing) just burst out laughing.

But I wouldn't agree with you that people shouldn't play it. It's a beautiful, moody game that is just a bit let down by the ending.

My biggest question was, what were those huge shockwaves caused by in one of the levels? After that I thought A-HA! Aliens! or something. But it was never explained, even in passing.

Well, I guess I'm not big on puzzle games either. I grew to kind of hate portal games by the time I finished 2, even though they're incredibly highly acclaimed.

I never ever want to see a portal game ever again.

Back