Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Bludd

Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
Veteran
So I figured we could have a thread for this in the PC forum too.

I've played through the first mission (Dubai) and snagged a few screenshots:

kCFjy0J.jpg

Mv3otQ9.jpg

I also snagged some screenshots from the in-engine cutscene after the mission. Zoom in on her forehead and notice the subtle (but ordered) grid pattern. Seems like a bug or something, haven't really investigated closely:

KxVel2t.jpg

WcbGncz.jpg

qflx0NO.jpg

zOesNxn.jpg

wbKD5LU.jpg

Total Biscuit on Mankind Divided. Looks like a nice port with excellent graphics options and amazing HUD customization that I've never really seen before in as much detail.

It's crashed to desktop 3 times on me in two hours. Twice in the same cutscene at the same spot, forcing me to replay the annoying sand storm situation. Which I've already done about 20 times. lol. Sigh. Will save more of that for tomorrow.

Wading through the always-horrific mob known as the Steam "community" forum shows me that it's the "train station crash". Which is what the screenshots above with the woman show, actually. Sounds like crashes are pretty common.

But here's a super cool future motherboard for you all to enjoy.
20160823213612_1.jpg

I can't wait until the distant future when we have GPUs like 10000000x more powerful and ugly, bad lighting and nasty AO is history. :) I think the visuals are pretty good though overall.

Last edited:
... Dubai ...
Lol, reading that gave me a frisson as I'm currently playing Spec Ops: The Line, which takes place in Dubai. Right now I'm in a helicopter and my character wants to see what his minigun can do over a swimming pool of a luxury high rise.
Thanks for the great pics though the one featuring Dubai did give me a start! :)

It's crashed to desktop 3 times on me in two hours. Twice in the same cutscene at the same spot, forcing me to replay the annoying sand storm situation. Which I've already done about 20 times. lol. Sigh. Will save more of that for tomorrow.

Wading through the always-horrific mob known as the Steam "community" forum shows me that it's the "train station crash". Which is what the screenshots above with the woman show, actually. Sounds like crashes are pretty common.

But here's a super cool future motherboard for you all to enjoy.

I can't wait until the distant future when we have GPUs like 10000000x more powerful and ugly, bad lighting and nasty AO is history. :) I think the visuals are pretty good though overall.

It didn't crash once for me, it was very stable and smooth. I ran it at ultra 1440p (G-sync capable monitor) on a 980 ti and with exclusive fullscreen 144Hz.

It didn't crash once for me, it was very stable and smooth. I ran it at ultra 1440p (G-sync capable monitor) on a 980 ti and with exclusive fullscreen 144Hz.
Yeah well it did here and I don't know why. I'm running GTX 970, 1440p 60Hz Very High but with silly AO not on Very High. Triple buffered, not exclusive fullscreen. It crashed in the long intro / train cutscene twice at the exact same point. Will mess with it tomorrow.

Yeah well it did here and I don't know why. I'm running GTX 970, 1440p 60Hz Very High but with silly AO not on Very High. Triple buffered, not exclusive fullscreen. It crashed in the long intro / train cutscene twice at the exact same point. Will mess with it tomorrow.
Okay, I disabled v-sync and disabled MSAA (can't remember if it is standard for ultra preset)

Maybe you're hitting some kind of VRAM limit and things go haywire?
According to this, 1440p at ultra uses more than what the 970 has available (and maybe there's that 3.5 GB thing playing in also?)
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/5.html

Last edited:
PCGameshardware has their review and own benchmarks up as well.
Pascal does well apart from custom 1060, which is around 7-15% behind custom 980.

The AMD custom 480 (boosted) holds up well against the Fury X by being only around 5-15% behind depending upon resolution.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Deus-.../Specials/Benchmarks-Test-DirectX-12-1204575/

It seems across all the reviews trying decent settings really hammers the PC systems, and some of those settings cause silly low fps.
It will be interesting to see the visual differences between PS4 and PC and what settings are parity and what visual benefits are with the higher settings but with punishing lower fps.
My view is that some of those punishing settings will only be marginally better than the PS4 parity ones, and to me this is becoming more of a trend with recent AAA multi-platform releases.
IMO the primary benefit for PC is better fps using same parity settings or with small tweaks, not necessarily noteable improved visual quality boost.
Cheers

Last edited:
Okay, I disabled v-sync and disabled MSAA (can't remember if it is standard for ultra preset)

Maybe you're hitting some kind of VRAM limit and things go haywire?
According to this, 1440p at ultra uses more than what the 970 has available (and maybe there's that 3.5 GB thing playing in also?)
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/5.html

There's a patch now that remedies a bunch of crash issues. I haven't tried it though.
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/174175/deus-ex-mankind-divided-patched

One of the crashes I had occurred during the sandstorm fight. I had to retry that fight about 15 times and it eventually crashed while reloading. The Windows crash error dialog box came up.

The 2 crashes during the intro cutscene at the exact same point caused the game to just disappear without any dialog box. I wonder what that means.

Last edited:
PCGameshardware has their review and own benchmarks up as well.
Pascal does well apart from custom 1060, which is around 7-15% behind custom 980.

The AMD custom 480 (boosted) holds up well against the Fury X by being only around 5-15% behind depending upon resolution.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Deus-.../Specials/Benchmarks-Test-DirectX-12-1204575/

It seems across all the reviews trying decent settings really hammers the PC systems, and some of those settings cause silly low fps.
It will be interesting to see the visual differences between PS4 and PC and what settings are parity and what visual benefits are with the higher settings but with punishing lower fps.
My view is that some of those punishing settings will only be marginally better than the PS4 parity ones, and to me this is becoming more of a trend with recent AAA multi-platform releases.
IMO the primary benefit for PC is better fps using same parity settings or with small tweaks, not necessarily noteable improved visual quality boost.
Cheers
It runs well enough for me on Very High 1440p on my GTX 970. It's certainly not 60 fps though lol. The visuals are not exactly awe inspiring but they are still pretty thrilling. It makes me think of Human Revolution but everything has been stepped up considerably. Texture resolution and polygon count are vastly better. Lighting is still pretty lame though.

The speech motion capture is terrible. Maybe it's not even motion capture at all. It's worse than old Half Life 2, I think.

I would like to see it on PS4. It's probably fine. I sold my PS4 recently though because I was only interested in some exclusives.

Last edited:
I found a collector of rare and valuable objects.

And I have to say Prague is pretty amazing in its detail. Nice job Eidos.

20160825221036_1.jpg

I have seen a lot of flipped textures though. Mirror image text really gives it away. I wonder what is up with that? Can't tell me nobody noticed it. ;) Saves texture memory maybe?

I've not noticed it. With ultra textures at 1440p game takes up 7.5gb of vram so not exactly saving memory there. Just reached the spot in the benchmark. It is insanely detailed, I'm loving the texture quality made possible by the new console generation.

Well I've finished it. 32 hours, which is longer than I spent on DXHR. I'm somewhat disappointed with it. The positives are the visuals are very detailed, with lots of amazing work everywhere from the art department. The cities are excellent with decent sizing and loads to explore. Voice acting is generally excellent. Music is ok, maybe less interesting than the previous game though. I felt my GTX 970 ran the game more than acceptably at 1440p Very High.

I feel the main storyline just wasn't long or interesting enough and the ending is rather lame and hollow, with a "buy our DLC" vibe maybe. The storyline missions weren't particularly amazing overall. I would have liked to have more interaction with the interesting Illuminati folk.

The game engine feels just like DXHR to me. The same strangely unresponsive feel to it. The controls just don't respond or feel quite right to me.

Why can't Adam Jensen have some kind of melee besides an augmentation or takedown animation? I want to smash things like cameras but have to use a gun? Weirdness.

I hope the next game jumps ahead some years. Maybe just get to the remaking of the original DX. There's so much more sci-fi weirdness going on in that timeframe.

Last edited:
Still in Prague, by night. Without spoiling which is what, are there other cities after it ?
I really like it for now, but I usually do want an ending to my games.
Graphics looks a bit dated. They do their job. I miss the yellow filter which gave it a certain flair

There are 3 versions of the Prague hub, then the game ends. The ending was clearly meant for future DLC and games. Other than that I really enjoyed it.

I was hoping for another city but nope. Golem city could have been better realized.

Back