Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

I assumed that footage went missing from a simple takedown notice (served by Sony). Happens every minute on youtube. In fact it's automated.

"Hey, that's our new thing, you cant show it yet!". Or, something.

Although actually as I wrote this post I realized that doesn't make a lot of sense, if someone legally bought the console you'd think they can show it all they want. And his other videos haven't been removed have they?

Maybe Sony asked Eurogamer to take it down politely, and in the interest of good future relations with Sony Eurogamer obliged.
Why take down the video, but his own much better resolution photos are still there, and all the images from gaf are still linked in the article too?

"UPDATE, 7.30pm: Upon taking legal advice, we have removed the video previously referenced in this article."

When you have a doubt, enough to pay a lawyer, and your own lawyer says you should remove that video (but not the images, not the article)... could it be a simple privacy invasion? He filmed his home and put the video on the internet, it's the only thing missing. Everything else is still there.

Yeah this HDD caddy thingy looks elegant. Maybe they really bet on the interchangeable face plates feature with the Phat model, so HDD was going to be top-loaded anyway?

Really doesn't look that much smaller...although the PS4 wasn't that big to begin with. I'm generally curious as to if this is still on 28nm?

Where are the vents?

Where are the vents?
Underneath top half it seems. And it is pretty bad position. One of my HDMI cables melted a little and stuck to the case on PS3 Slim.

PSU rated 220-240V 0.8A ~180W

CUH-1000 is 220-240V 1.15A 250W.
CUH-1200 220-240V 1.05A 230W.

Xbox One S is 180W too.

Last edited:
Underneath top half it seems. And it is pretty bad position. One of my HDMI cables melted a little and stuck to the case on PS3 Slim.

PSU rated 220-240V 0.8A ~180W

CUH-1000 is 220-240V 1.15A 250W.
CUH-1200 220-240V 1.05A 230W.

Xbox One S is 180W too.

Nice catch. I just wonder why nobody has posted pictures of the m/b or opened it up at all.

Digital Foundry went to the guy who was selling it. Boggles the mind they don't even have the budget to buy it, and a screwdriver to do a teardown. It would have been a good click-money scoop for them.

Digital Foundry went to the guy who was selling it. Boggles the mind they don't even have the budget to buy it,
What was the guy asking? Given the interest of the internet, maybe he asked for a couple of grand, and I doubt a teardown could make that much money back for DF.

What was the guy asking? Given the interest of the internet, maybe he asked for a couple of grand, and I doubt a teardown could make that much money back for DF.
Yeah, I guess it's also weird nobody knows how much he wants, maybe it's not money... :runaway:

It's coming out in two weeks, time is running out for making any profit.

The amount would be a story in itself, why not put it in the article? Telling the legal reason to remove the video, or not buying it, would also be a story.

Well, at least it won't wobble with a full compliment of rubber feet underneath.
Slim also has three feet it would seem, just like PS4 phat. And how would it wobble anyhow - you standing on the console or something? :p

Not much I suppose, but a three-legged console is actually more stable than a four-legged one, in that it will not wiggle even if placed on an uneven surface... :p I have to imagine that's the reason for the three legs.

Also 3 legged prevents rattling by vibration. Many high-end speaker stand designs are 3 legged for that reason. It's only a reasonable choice if the box is mostly square, and the weight is near the center.

track_audio.jpg

Back