Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

I don't think Sony is leaking this, here's two theories.

Conspiracy Theory:
A Sony marketing team anonymously selling it on an online auction site, not caring who would buy it. Reducing the impact of the unveiling.
While Eurogamer have a history of journalistic integrity, this time they manufacture a Streisand Effect, lying their ass off about fake legal reasons. It was Sony who orchestrated it all, while insinuating the video could cause legal issues to Eurogamer.
Sony makes a secret deal (which itself also never leaked) with only one UK retailer, with early production stock.
Somehow other retailers don't care about not being allowed to do the same, and being stuck unable to sell their remaining stock of fat PS4 because of the leak.

Occam's Razor Theory:
It's obvious this is in full production, and it's been accumulating in warehouses all over the world.
The first could have been stolen from a warehouse or from a store. ("fallen from a truck")
Eurogamer knows it was stolen, so for legal reasons they removed the footage being used for the investigation.
Or Eurogamer went to see it faking they were interested in buying it, filmed the private house, and realized it's illegal to put the footage online without the consent of the person.
If there is a criminal investigation about the theft, it isn't being made public until an arrest is made.
The UK retailer is simply breaking the launch date getting massive publicity, like some often do for games.
The price wasn't announced yet, allowing the shady retailer to sell it at the current non-slim price.
Someone broke NDA, and will get legally fucked.
It's the first one, right? Yes? I got it!

Might be that you are hearing about slim so much because it's ready to sell likely after announcement. (Or shortly after).

Perhaps Neo is tight lipped because it's not being shipped to stores for some time. Information is easier to control when the product isn't arriving on store shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is quite strange that we'd get so many leaks about the Slim (which didn't even exist until 2 minutes ago), with final hardware pics, boot up etc. While the Neo, which was actually announced quite some time ago, still is nowhere to be seen.

Double-Rainbow-What-Does-This-Mean-.png
Heh. To be honest. The only real shocker for me is the official name for the Neo. Unless well, they are selling it by its code name.

This also applies to MS, I'm genuinely curious what they will come up with as well. More so than PS4 because Sony didn't mess around with their naming convention. MS is all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurogamer knows it was stolen, so for legal reasons they removed the footage being used for the investigation.

I assumed that footage went missing from a simple takedown notice (served by Sony). Happens every minute on youtube. In fact it's automated.

"Hey, that's our new thing, you cant show it yet!". Or, something.

Although actually as I wrote this post I realized that doesn't make a lot of sense, if someone legally bought the console you'd think they can show it all they want. And his other videos haven't been removed have they?

Maybe Sony asked Eurogamer to take it down politely, and in the interest of good future relations with Sony Eurogamer obliged.

Maybe Sony asked Eurogamer to take it down politely, and in the interest of good future relations with Sony Eurogamer obliged.
I prefer to think that Andrew House swooped in dressed like Batman, threw down a smoke bomb, triggered an electro-magnetic pulse, then dived through a window. Probably still preferable to Jack Tretton turning up unannounced. He looked and sounded like a mafia don. I hear he's now in the garbage disposal business. Hmmm.

Why stop there, 16.8TF FP8? It will cause a little bit of banding, but it's easy to mask with temporal AA and a huge amount of chromatic aberration and vignetting.

Last edited:
Back