No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

I think there's a bit of that,It's a 4/5 on the PS Store right now and I can imagine a lot of those were pre-orders and what I will say is more people are likely to complain about something than rave about it...so all-in-all it's doing ok...however maybe PC gamers are harder to please (@50%) but then it did have a lot of technical issues on PC.

What I will say is that watching the (edited) videos a lot has changed in the last few months (as in taken out) - who is to blame? We may never know, I think the game was hugely ambitious and Hello Games (small studio) were under great pressure to get it out...I think if it'd been cheaper there would have been more leway it does seem like there will be more stuff added that potential was supposed to be in the full game. Personally I think they should have gone for the Elite thing of 'core game @ £30 then £10 for for each add-on - or something like that.

If anything the game was upgraded at the last minute (day one patch), not downgraded. If the game had released without the day one patch, it would have been a bloodbath. I seriously question how many of the features and ideas that were hyped were even remotely in a workable state.

There were plenty of preview videos, including a series released during the last two weeks leading up to the release. Anyone who had casual interest could find out what the game was about, if anything the game has more than the most people anticipated. The backlash is just a witch hunt led by people who don't really give a damn about the game in any fashion. It's a proxy for the console wars. People are scouring hundreds of hours of videos for any changes from pre-release to release. Most normal people don't watch all those videos and memororize a list of things, then buy games and check the list. That is great for Reddit fanboys, but that's not how consumers work.

Too bad that witch hunt has infected this thread. It would be great to leave game threads for those who bought and play the game and let them discuss it in piece. But someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Or half the people that bought it are incredibly disappointed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anything the game was upgraded at the last minute (day one patch), not downgraded. If the game had released without the day one patch, it would have been a bloodbath. I seriously question how many of the features and ideas that were hyped were even remotely in a workable state.

Or half the people that bought it are incredibly disappointed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we rename the thread "One Man's Whine"?

We get you don't like the game, we get the issues...you don't seem to get some love the game and would rather discuss it than the fact that some people don't like it/got caught up in the hype.

http://puu.sh/qMIxP/01c2087717.jpg

No Man Left Playing < ENJOY THE FREE PUN MOUTH BREATHERS!

01c2087717.jpg

The above graph is one of the stupidest things Ive seen on Beyond3d.
Shocking news less ppl are playing the game now than they were at the games launch
Isnt that how 90+% of games go? :mrgreen:

A prediction of mine from a couple of weeks ago
A bold prediction (well not actually)
A lot of these negative steam reviews will actually spend more hours playing the game than their positive reviewed games.
Like the recent ghostbusters film, looks like a lot of ppl have made up their minds to be butthurt over this game before they even see/play it :D

Doom chosen because its the next earliest released high profile full price game

data from steam
Doom (2016)
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 04:12 (average) 01:17 (median)
Playtime total: 15:09 (average) 10:03 (median)

No Mans Sky (2016)
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 16:48 (average) 12:17 (median)
Playtime total: 16:52 (average) 12:25 (median)
OK ignore the 2 weeks stuff as thats expected (interest dies in time), but isnt it interesting that the newly released No Mans Sky already has higher ave/med numbers than the older and higher praised Doom, like I said in old post some ppl are butthurt about this game, dont know why? came to the wrong console perhaps

http://puu.sh/qMIxP/01c2087717.jpg

No Man Left Playing < ENJOY THE FREE PUN MOUTH BREATHERS!

My brother bought this on PC, and he could care less about consoles.

It's funny cause he played for an hour and told me me was considering a Steam refund for the game. I've only seen him back on Terraria the last few days. The Steam refund stats on this are likely among the worst ever.

Well, it had high initial sales (even if say only 50% on Steam didn't refund it, still huge profit for a 12 man team) and you cant get refunds on PS/Xbox. Immensely profitable.

Maybe this Sean Murray guy isn't a visionary game creator. Is that the lasting aftereffect here?

Other than that, the game always didn't appeal in the least to me, so I cant really see why people are disappointed, since I had no initial expectations. To me it's like ok, (in many opinion's) the game is boring, what did people expect? It never looked not boring to me.

They marketed it have space combat, space exploration and many other things.

But in reality those are really bare bones.

I think they also removed the bigger space battle right?
I was attacked by 29 ships at a point. Had to run into a space station to save myself. But they were all normal personal ships, if , by large battles, u mean freighters.

I am fine with the casual approach they took 2ith moment to moment farming and crafting. I like that over hardcore stuff because it means i can have my "wow moments" after a day of work without remembering the nityy gritties. But yea my friend,as well as a lot of othet ppl apparently, wanted a hardcore sim. I am happy it isn't that. Go play eVE for that.
I really like my daily dose of cheerful space exploration. But yea I can also see that a ton of stuff didn't make it into the game. Especially faction wars, i would like that. Also haven't seen any of the portals on any planet yet. But i am putting all that on the fact that i am still far far away from the centre. In fact i haven't even made a concious effort to move towards the centre. The game is very enjoyable as is, without that goal. It serves my craving very well. Many demographics means kinds of gamers. For once i am happy it didn't got the expected "market based decisions" way. Its "space exploration with moments of awe for everyone" and i really somehow like that :D !

Next i am gonna try making up little stories and living it out in short play sessions. Would be a lot of fun to do that along with my neice :mrgreen: ! We will make a premise and see where it goes !

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

You can actually get refunds on consoles. For PS4 you have to call. There is a eurogamer article on it discussing that in the context of this game.

Except if you get a refund for NMS, you are never allowed to own or play it ever again on PS4. Even if you buy the disc, they said it wouldn't work (which doesn't sound correct to me).

Except if you get a refund for NMS, you are never allowed to own or play it ever again on PS4. Even if you buy the disc, they said it wouldn't work (which doesn't sound correct to me).
That is very weird. So probably a rep that got confused or have incorrect information.

At least by reading the other comments on that post

You can actually get refunds on consoles. For PS4 you have to call. There is a eurogamer article on it discussing that in the context of this game.
In the US it is limited for only once per account though.

For Indonesia, refund is not allowed (they sometime even write it in bright yellow letter in psn).

Although by Indonesian law, a refund is a must (guaranteed by law for a week after purchase, have no law for pre order).

Yeah, that sounds very suspect and I can't see how that is legal in the EU. Of course until Sony are actively challenged and a ruling made in court they can implement whatever bullshit rules they like.

What about i pop in the disc offline? How would sony stop me from playing it?
Sure its not rumour mongering?

There are no refunds in our store. But then there is no such law for the whole damn country so......games is something India doesn't even care about -_-

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure it's technically implemented. They'd have to either test a game online when installed, or install a blacklist on the PS4. And then what would it say when you put in a game? I'm tempted to buy NMS then get a refund then buy the disc and see what happens!
Do it for science! :yep2: Sony systems are inexplicably weird in places like if you pre-order a game digitally then cancel the pre-order before launch (and the money isn't taken from your account) it won't let you pre-order it digitally again. You have to wait until launch then buy it normally.

Why, Sony, WHY!?!?! :runaway:

edit: correction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony already went on record with Eurogamer that this is false. Perhaps it used to be like that once, but if you get a refund you can certainly buy the game again.

Back