Sony PS Now streaming service comes to PCs

pjbliverpool

B3D Scallywag
Legend
I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this but have you guys heard that Playstation Now is coming to the PC?

That means games like the Uncharted series, Ratchet & Clank, Last of Us, God of War and plenty of others are on their way. Presumably it will eventually include PS4 games too.

Great news IMO, I may suggest it to the wife who was quite interested in playing the Uncharted games.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

Woot. Way too many games to play now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a mail from PlayStation that it's available now here as well (in the Netherlands). I tried it a while ago on PS4 and it's quite good. It's a lot like Netflix in that you can keep playing where you left off on any device that supports it. So that this is now on PC is a good step forward for sure!

Maybe even nicer is that Sony will soon release a USB dongle so that you can easily use the DS4 on PC wirelessly - it already works well now with PS4 remote play (and some PC games supporting it natively) but this makes it even easier (though personally I will probably keep playing wired, so I can keep using the same controller with PS4 without having to re-pair)

It's obviously just streamed with PS3 level graphics so will probably look.... questionable from up close on a PC monitor. I suspect this is where having my PC connected to the TV will be not just a nice to have, but an essential.

It's obviously just streamed with PS3 level graphics so will probably look.... questionable from up close on a PC monitor. I suspect this is where having my PC connected to the TV will be not just a nice to have, but an essential.
OMG I didn't see that. What a joke I don't even give a single fuck any more. Ram it up your ass Sony.

BTW I think the thread title is misleading... :devilish: No real gamers care about streaming games over WAN it is shit and will be shit until the laws of physics change.

The Last of Us is the only PS exclusive game I've wanted to play properly. I've watched multiple play throughs on YouTube, in the expectation I'll never play it. I think it's the best game of the PS360 generation. Not that my opinion is worth anything.

I'm almost sad that I've watched the play throughs now. Doubt I'll play it, since it's so thoroughly spoiled. Sigh, a real shame, the story and its telling are truly fine.

The streaming sounds a bit rubbish...

Yeah, i'm sad they're not at least doing the PS4 versions of some games like The Last of Us... 'Cause that ran at 1080p and way higher framerate(totally locked 60 FPS, IIRC).

No real gamers care about streaming games over WAN it is shit and will be shit until the laws of physics change.

Have you tried it? I'm sure it would be crap for twitchy games but I've played a few games including at least one racer on some older streaming services and the responsiveness was excellent. These are only 30fps games to begin with so it's not like they were ever ultra responsive.

Anyway, it looks like they offer a free 7 day trial so there's nothing to lose by giving it a go!

The title of this thread got me excited that Sony had finally taken their thumb out of their arse with regards to releasing Sony published games on PC, but nope, it's just streaming.

Not interested. Between the lag induced by game streaming and quality compromises, it's just not for me. Not to mention lack of KB/mouse controls in the few Sony exclusives I'd be interested in playing (Last of Us, Resistance, Demon Souls, and Bloodborne).

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I was all set to cancel my PS4 NEO Pre-Order and all.

Pft. False advertising.

Streaming? Thanks, but no thanks. If it was just a new store for PC versions of these games, I would be very interested.

Does people in 1st world countries get confused?

My friends in my country got confused. Some thinks PS now is like steam. Some thinks PS now needs Playstation console.

But to be fair, Sony has never officially market PS bow for my region.

Maybe even nicer is that Sony will soon release a USB dongle so that you can easily use the DS4 on PC wirelessly - it already works well now with PS4 remote play (and some PC games supporting it natively) but this makes it even easier (though personally I will probably keep playing wired, so I can keep using the same controller with PS4 without having to re-pair)

What does this adaptor do? The DualShock4 is standard Bluetooth and pairs with a Bluetooth equipped Windows or OSX computer already. Is this just a Sony-branded Bluetooth dongle for those with computers without Bluetooth? Which is no Mac made in the last ten years.

I don't get it. I've been using my controller wirelessly with OSX, Windows 7 and Windows 10 forever.

Native PC games would be great but that's never realistically going to happen with Sony's AAA brands. Is there any difference between the PS Now presentation on a good internet connection and the native PS3 experience? I can't imagine there is since I've played full 1080p games over streaming before now with no issues. I'm more than happy with a PS3 level experience if it means I get to play these games vs not being able to.

Are the prices for PS Now still completely ridiculous?

There's a free software called "Input Mapper" that will let you connect the DS4 to a PC through bluetooth and it will emulate a X360 controller if you want. And it will also map the DS4's touchpad as your PC's touchpad while emulating a X360 controller with rumble functionality.
That new dongle is just a very expensive and ridiculously large bluetooth radio. Its price and existence are ridiculous.
The least they should have done is to have that ridiculous dongle to bundle a software with the same functionality as Input Mapper.

Native PC games would be great but that's never realistically going to happen with Sony's AAA brands.
That's probably never going to happen for any of Sony studio developed game, regardless of it being AAA, AA, or even PlayStation minis. :nope: But I imagine Sony will be paying close attention to the number of people streaming to PC/Mac that don't appear to own a PlayStation - they'll know which PSN accounts are accessed from what types of hardware.

I did not know it already worked. However, I do know not nearly every PC has Bluetooth.

Back