No Man's Sky [PC]

I got an animal the other day that offered me the chance to feed it when I highlighted it. It kept running away and I didn't have what it ate at hand, so I didn't pursue it, but now I'm kind of curious :) Probably something small, but fun.

All non-aggressive animals can be fed. All they do after they're fed is sit there for a sec then continue. I'm not aware of any kind of mechanic that is adjusted by feeding animals. Likely another component they wanted to expand upon but couldn't.

You can see it's simply a case of wanting to eliminate pop-in as to why they limit the altitude.
It far from eliminates it. The LOD pop-in is horrendous even normally with an ugly dithering as it draws the landscape with more detail.

All non-aggressive animals can be fed. All they do after they're fed is sit there for a sec then continue. I'm not aware of any kind of mechanic that is adjusted by feeding animals. Likely another component they wanted to expand upon but couldn't.
I once fed an animal and it kept whining at me as I walked away. I turned round and it was pointing me to an object on the ground which gave me some oxide.

I've not seen this myself but I'm pretty sure I read that they can act as pets if fed what they like, ie: some will defend you, some will dig up things you might want, etc. They don't follow you if you fly away. Again, not sure where I read that to back it up...

edit: cjo beat me to it! :p

Interesting thanks. Maybe an animal might dig me up a Night Crystal or something :)

I've had animals poop out purple resources too, but in miniscule amounts.

After those six-legged things started biting me in the ass, I wonder if they shat out anything useful? :D

I visited another planet in my afore-mentioned solar system of hatred. It was a barren planet, with aluminum and whatever the "h" blue element is which grows in square spires. Kept flying around just to see, and found two multitool upgrades in a row. Was a sort of pisser, because I found the first one and then spent 30 minutes getting the materials together to get it re-upgraded, then found an even better multitool (16 slots!) and had to re-upgrade it again!

Fortunately, nothing was eating me, and the environment was cold but not EXTREME. I've grabbed four more exosuit upgrades (I think I only have room for one more...) and was able to build a few more ship upgrades.

About time to hit up my fourth solar system tho. Despite getting my butt kicked in this system earlier, I still enjoyed the scenarios and overall the game. I guess resource gathering is my thing :)

The game insinuated my ass grew back with a visit to the ship. Perhaps this raises a good question though: can I trade ass chunks for uber-rare items? :D

Fall sale should be October
OK thanks thats not too long away (I assume all games get discounted) at that last sale (summer one) it was the first time I purchased anything from them in a sale (still havent actually really played the games yet though)

OK thanks thats not too long away (I assume all games get discounted) at that last sale (summer one) it was the first time I purchased anything from them in a sale (still havent actually really played the games yet though)
It's compelling up to the publisher whether a game is discounted or not. It's nothing to do with valve as far as setting prices.

Thought some of you might enjoy my story, so here goes...

I was visiting the very last planet in my "solar system of hatred", and this particular planet was the one trying to make up for the sins of the rest of the system. Habitable atmosphere, lush vegitation, friendly creatures (had a chance to practice feeding a few, didn't get any rare poops though :( ), the sentinel things weren't bastards, and decent mineral hauls to be found.

Was traipsing about, solved one of the simple shifting-number puzzles and found the coordinates for a crashed ship. So far, all the other crashed ships I've found have been mostly lame, but it's always worth going to visit. This time was different; a ship with several more slots, with both hyperdrive and warp reactor tau, a bunch of good weaponry upgrades, and a shield upgrade. Of course, it's all broken but I start looking and see I have the inventory necessary to repair the launch engines, some of the weapons and the basic shield.

I decided this was a good idea, so I juggled inventory and then scrapped every subsystem I could in the old ship to recover materials. I then set about repairing the new ship, and only needed a few more elements (aluminum, heradite or whatever the blue spire material is, zinc, and a few other esorteric crafted things) to get ALL the systems online. I had the basics though, so I hopped in, refilled the launch engines, and pressed W... Shit. I never realized the stupid pulse engines are what propels you inside the atmosphere -- I thought that was only for interplanetary travel.

The good news: I'm only short 7 zinc to make the repair. I have $3.8 million in my galactic wallet, I can just show up to an outpost and should be able to solve this quickly.

The bad news: the nearest outpost in my visor, at walking speed, is seven hours away. :(

I started walking, and eventually found another relay station where I discovered a much closer outpost -- only 11 minutes away. Yeah! So I walk in that direction, I'm three minutes out, and I spot a ruin and figure I should jaunt over and pick up the language skills plus whatever reward the ruin has.

I hit up the little language stone things, learn there new words, then click on the ruin and I need an empty inventory slot (I'd been grabbing stuff along the way.) I dump some iron, click the ruin again, ... And the game crashes to desktop.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I did eventually make it to the outpost, got my language skills, bought my zinc, remotely repaired my pulse jet, summoned the ship to me via one of those bypass chip interface things, and now have a badass ship. Pirates showed up upon my exit (of course) and I was able to demonstrate the efficacy of my new firepower and shielding. All is well that started poorly :D

I'm through with this solar system, time to go elsewhere. I'll do the warp jump tonight and test out the reactor distance!

So this was a huge fail, the can't won't even shit at all when I'm around it. Wonder if she likes milk...of magnesia :devilish:

The pooping out of resources from an animal if it is fed does remind me very much of Butt Stallion in Borderlands 2.
Not sure if Butt Stallion was inspired from any other games.

Cheers

So y'all saying this is a good game to get for $8 during the next Steam sale or something?

Back