No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

An EG article has a guy who maxxed his equipment on the starting world. So basically the ships you find are 'current spec +1' no matter where they are, negating the need for any journeying. I call that a procedural gameplay fail - really should have been based on distance travelled or some such, encouraging progress into more difficult (and rewarding) areas.
I guess it's possible to voluntarily create yourself a shitty experience, and a grind fest without any exploration, but why? Seeing as many planets as possible is the fun of the game. Progressing means getting toward the center. It's easier to explore and get the resources you need where they are plentiful instead of grinding them on an ordinary planet.

The +1 from ship upgrades is nothing compared to all the blueprints you need, and all the various rare resources you need to get all the max upgrades. Also if he supposedly maxed out his equipment, where the fuck did he get Omega blueprints and resources on the starting planet? This seems impossible. I don't think the starting planet can be filled with rare stuff. It's also much more time and effort than exploration. Using what each planet and system has to offer can only be faster and easier.

I only visited about 40 systems, so maybe 120 planets/moons, but I'm getting a better feel of which spectral class provides which resources. The nomenclature is similar to the real world spectral classes.

spectralsystem.jpg

The O-class are always awesome, these are insanely massive stars. If you want to have fun, stop using any path and use "free mode" on the galaxy map, you can still progress toward the center manually, with your own waypoints. Find the classes you want by color. I am convinced the very rare elements are on the hottest motherfuckers, and they often come with extreme sentinel protection. I now alternate between O and M, the difference makes the game fun and the resources tend to be complementary.

I think there might be a link to sentinel firepower. It's the only places I met those big attack ships equipped with arrays of laser turrets, and waves of sentinel fighter squadrons, other places are usually at best a few bipedal sentinels (when the computer tells you elite forces deployed, etc...).

You can scrap upgrades in the ships which is likely how he got the rare resources. Gotta admit I sympathize with him in that when you find a planet with lots of resources, easy going sentinels and an easy source of cash (vortex cubes) it is hard to resist the urge to go on a looting frenzy. I think I have only warped to maybe 5 or 6 systems so far and am getting close to having a maxed slot exosuit.

I guess it's possible to voluntarily create yourself a shitty experience, and a grind fest without any exploration, but why? Seeing as many planets as possible is the fun of the game. Progressing means getting toward the center. It's easier to explore and get the resources you need where they are plentiful instead of grinding them on an ordinary planet.

The +1 from ship upgrades is nothing compared to all the blueprints you need, and all the various rare resources you need to get all the max upgrades. Also if he supposedly maxed out his equipment, where the fuck did he get Omega blueprints and resources on the starting planet? This seems impossible. I don't think the starting planet can be filled with rare stuff. It's also much more time and effort than exploration. Using what each planet and system has to offer can only be faster and easier.

I only visited about 40 systems, so maybe 120 planets/moons, but I'm getting a better feel of which spectral class provides which resources. The nomenclature is similar to the real world spectral classes.

spectralsystem.jpg

The O-class are always awesome, these are insanely massive stars. If you want to have fun, stop using any path and use "free mode" on the galaxy map, you can still progress toward the center manually, with your own waypoints. Find the classes you want by color. I am convinced the very rare elements are on the hottest motherfuckers, and they often come with extreme sentinel protection. I now alternate between O and M, the difference makes the game fun and the resources tend to be complementary.

I think there might be a link to sentinel firepower. It's the only places I met those big attack ships equipped with arrays of laser turrets, and waves of sentinel fighter squadrons, other places are usually at best a few bipedal sentinels (when the computer tells you elite forces deployed, etc...).
I tried that actually a few days back, when i noticed the different colours of stars in the free mode. Tried going to a non yellow star but it flatly refused saying i need a different warp drive :( ! The star was right next to me but nope, can't go there ....

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

People who meta this game and end up cycling upgrades and farming for cred all on the same planet just because you can must have a real boring time in this game and mustn't have a good opinion of NMS either.

Farming one or 2 planets at the start makes sense as if you find all the creatures you get a nice bonus and can grab a much better ship @ ~500k

I'm stuck trying to get the antimatter - my backpack is now at 24 (I think) - essentially 2 slots from maxxed out, but I can't find antimatter...I thought I figured it last night, when scanning from space an outpost is highlighted (as if I've not been before) but when I get near it greyed out (I recall this happened before and thought it was a bug) - but when I went to chat the alien wanted 1 charm for a gift - I'm assuming that gift will be the antimatter (unfortunately I had just cashed in on them at a local space station).

So I went back to the space station and no charms (lol) but luckily a trader had one, so I set off however now the outpost isn't highlighted. I wish this game let you set way points and allowed you to better 'view' your current star system (zoom around the planets). I also wich I'd named the outpost but retrospect is a fine thing!

Farming one or 2 planets at the start makes sense as if you find all the creatures you get a nice bonus and can grab a much better ship @ ~500k

I'm stuck trying to get the antimatter - my backpack is now at 24 (I think) - essentially 2 slots from maxxed out, but I can't find antimatter...I thought I figured it last night, when scanning from space an outpost is highlighted (as if I've not been before) but when I get near it greyed out (I recall this happened before and thought it was a bug) - but when I went to chat the alien wanted 1 charm for a gift - I'm assuming that gift will be the antimatter (unfortunately I had just cashed in on them at a local space station).

So I went back to the space station and no charms (lol) but luckily a trader had one, so I set off however now the outpost isn't highlighted. I wish this game let you set way points and allowed you to better 'view' your current star system (zoom around the planets). I also wich I'd named the outpost but retrospect is a fine thing!

You don't find antimatter, you make it. You should have found the plans by now, it's one of the first things you're given.

You don't find antimatter, you make it. You should have found the plans by now, it's one of the first things you're given.

Apparently you're given your first antimatter and then can make it - either way I can't make it and being about 20 hours in it's a tad frustrating

One of the first plans you get is suspension fluid. Which is the first step to creating antimatter, do you have that at least?

Just look at the requirements for Anti-matter and work backwards.

I think I've always bought the suspension fluid as I don't think I've found the recipe for it yet and I'm already at my third or fourth solar system.

I think I've always bought the suspension fluid as I don't think I've found the recipe for it yet and I'm already at my third or fourth solar system.
You get it during your starting progression, irrespective of how many planets/systems you've visited. It's pointing you towards markers at the start for a reason, so you can get the basics and then decide whether you want to continue on a specific path (Atlas or Core), or simply create your own destiny.

I'm stuck trying to get the antimatter - my backpack is now at 24 (I think) - essentially 2 slots from maxxed out, but I can't find antimatter...I
You can get your backpack many slots larger than that. For ages my backpack was larger than my ship - in slot terms, not max capacity terms.

:)

Just look at the requirements for Anti-matter and work backwards.

I have all the components now but no blueprint/plan for antimatter - even a couple hours after getting everything :(

You can get your backpack many slots larger than that. For ages my backpack was larger than my ship - in slot terms, not max capacity terms.

Yup, now up to 26 - another row started!

I just don't know what to do next and it's getting really frustrating. I was guided back to my start point and was asked if I wanted help from the Atlas but I'd rather not to be honest..

I warped over a hundred times at maximum distance toward the center (free roaming mode), which is 1650 light years linear, but the distance from center only drop by 400 ly. This is just broken. I tried other vectors, and directly pointing is still the fastest, at 400 per warp. At this rate it would take 500 warps and 500 fuel cells!!!

Black holes don't work any faster and they break my warp drives which is very annoying to repair, it's a moronic game mechanic, punishing the player for no reason. Then it says I traveled 400000 ly, and it's less than 2000 advancement toward the center. Then it takes quite a few warps to find Polo and Nada again. I advance faster by avoiding black holes completely.

Gek story still nonsensical, the monoliths make me do something pro First Spawn with some spiritual crap about spirits being happy, and it raises my faction standing with the current Gek, which are supposed to be the Inferior Gek from the stories? Which the First Spawn was exterminating? WTF?

"Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would."

I just got my antimatter plan after my first jump. It was the very first thing it guided me to after I did a scan of the system, an alien antimatter factory that had the plans.

Played a lot, and also bought a new ship. 22 slots is a nice upgrade from 15! I haven't managed to upgrade my suit or tool slots at all yet though.

This new star system is very different. Far less life, one desolate planet and the other is only slightly less barren, mostly covered in water, very interesting, you can see the stars from it. Game brings up some really nice sights, and sometimes cool animals too.

Also got killed by space pirates for the first time. Got one but forgot to repair my shields until it was too late (I literally died just as I repaired my shield).

I just don't know what to do next and it's getting really frustrating. I was guided back to my start point and was asked if I wanted help from the Atlas but I'd rather not to be honest..

I don't quite understand, did you not initiate that dialog when you first started playing?

Back