No Man's Sky [PC]

Yeah they're just another resource in a familiar form. Harvest it with your multi tool.

I posted some of this in the "what are you playing now?" thread, but have any of you run into a solar system which appears to hate you? :D

I spent an hour or two in my first solar system, gathering up the necessary resources to warp out. The second solar system had awesome planets; I posted earlier about the one moon which had Emeril all over the place. Spent six hours in that solar system, upgraded all my things (ship, exosuit, multitool) and left with 3.6 million money-credit-things.

Then I get to the third solar system. Pirates, followed by extreme planet weather trying to klll me, in conjunction with extreme planet animals biting me, sentinels getting angry that I killed bitey animals, and then pirates coming for me when I leave the planet. Topped off by the sentinel ships coming after me when a stray bullet tags a freighter.

That whole solar system can get bent!

I'm pretty sure the chance for pirates goes up quickly along with your upgrades / progress and cargo value. But how nice a planet you land on is pretty random. Only large stars typically have more interesting planets, I hear.

I am still on this firestorm-planet and I have discovered (and forgive me if this isn't new) that repeatedly talking to these Geks, whose dwellings I unceremoniously barge in the door to when the weather turns nasty, can seemingly reward me with unlimited words in their language. The cycle: have some carbon, give carbon: if word take it, if not and if oxide/fuel take that, repeat. If you can't get either, take something random like shield recharge and try again. It seems they give you sufficient amounts of fuel/oxides to let this go on in perpetuity, but it is quite tedious due to the lenghty animations, camera shifts and "scrolling" of words and choices.

I am still on this firestorm-planet and I have discovered (and forgive me if this isn't new) that repeatedly talking to these Geks, whose dwellings I unceremoniously barge in the door to when the weather turns nasty, can seemingly reward me with unlimited words in their language. The cycle: have some carbon, give carbon: if word take it, if not and if oxide/fuel take that, repeat. If you can't get either, take something random like shield recharge and try again. It seems they give you sufficient amounts of fuel/oxides to let this go on in perpetuity, but it is quite tedious due to the lenghty animations, camera shifts and "scrolling" of words and choices.
Yes there are many cycles like that in the game if you choose to do so. That's terribly boring though, why would you want to do that? NMS is not a game you meta, it's a game you experience. (god I sound like Sean....)

Yes there are many cycles like that in the game if you choose to do so. That's terribly boring though, why would you want to do that? NMS is not a game you meta, it's a game you experience. (god I sound like Sean....)

Sean Murray is the new Peter Molyneux. Except he promises even more features that never make it into the game than Molyneux ever did. It's easy to see where all the hype for the game came from after watching some of his video interviews and his TV showcases (on talk shows). So many things he promised and showed in pre-release footage that never made it into the game. Having not played the game I just assumed that most of that stuff actually made it in, but apparently not.

But just like Molyneux, if you like the game, you really like the game and will forgive him those transgressions. :)

Regards,
SB

I've turned off vsync in-game and running adaptive from Nvidia control panel and that's improved it as well. Very happy with the performance and quality now.

Some screenshots

20160822204847_1.jpg 20160822212135_1.jpg 20160822205824_1.jpg 20160822211548_1.jpg 20160822204921_1.jpg 20160822214710_1.jpg 20160822213954_1.jpg 20160822211333_1.jpg 20160822213939_1.jpg

The more I see the more I want, the variety has exceeded my expectations.
How many months before steam does its usual discounts? (by then I assume most of the bugs will have been fixed, I hoped)

Can't you just farm the plants inside their house? Everything is a resource right?
Yes, but as I said, you don't have to. The guy will give you more carbon than you can get from the plants which seem to give you about 12x each.

The more I see the more I want, the variety has exceeded my expectations.
How many months before steam does its usual discounts? (by then I assume most of the bugs will have been fixed, I hoped)

Fall sale should be October

I'm having dreadful texture pop-in while flying, but it seems like more of a bug in my case.

Back