Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Sata 3 on the PS4 slim would definitely be nice. Pretty sure Xbox One S has it no? Even though it's much more difficult to upgrade that drive...

I'm still "praying" that they found a few extra pins on this SoCs to have a real SATA3 interface instead of this lousy USB => SATA bridge so you can have the benefits of a real SSD or hybrid HDD.
That's one of the most bewildering design choices of PS4. Initially I was convinced this was because Sony had a TrustZone implementation, which required I/O over USB for SouthBridge oversight, but there's no suggestion of TrustZone. They obviously did it for a reason but that reason isn't obvious. It makes as much sense as season 7 of Lost. :yep2:

damnit this thing better bet 16nm and thus cooler.quieter. Otherwise what is the point? The size reduction isn't enough to woo me. Might as well as just go with neo if you are a non-ps4 owner

The PS4-slim leaker also mentioned a PSP-like handheld.

Is it a revision of PSVITA similar to new 3DS, or a next-gen handheld? What is the selling point of the product or SONY wants to respond to NX?

Cheaper?
Except it costs more.

You know, it's pretty easy to identify the rich people on the internet. ;)

Well no one knows the prices of these models yet but I think as someone who hasn't spent any money on consoles yet this "gen" a price difference of $100 between ps4 slim and ps4 neo would be any easy decision towards neo considering the difference in hardware..

The PS4-slim leaker also mentioned a PSP-like handheld.
A third (4th?) gen Vita with 1080p screen and better controls, to facilitate a better PS4 streaming experience, is the only thing that makes sense. And that still makes very little sense. :no:

All I want to know is if there are USB ports on the back. This picture seems to show that there aren't any.

Sony, I am disappoint.

A third (4th?) gen Vita with 1080p screen and better controls, to facilitate a better PS4 streaming experience, is the only thing that makes sense. And that still makes very little sense.

Actually, the PS4 can't stream at 1080p, only 720p. Though I think the NEO is most probably going to solve that so 1080p Vita would make sense if paired with a NEO.

You know what would make sense? A hybrid Vita-Android Xperia console with a Snapdragon 820 or 650 that could run Vita titles and Android ones, along with the better controls and 1080p screen you mentioned.

I'm thinking more like $150 difference between neo/slim as $100 wouldn't make much sense spec wise. Ideal scenario: neo costs $399 and the slim $249 (the absolute base models).

I'm thinking more like $150 difference between neo/slim as $100 wouldn't make much sense spec wise. Ideal scenario: neo costs $399 and the slim $249 (the absolute base models).

$150 would make it a harder decision. Especially as a Canadian. Slim would probably cost at $350 and Neo $499.

Well no one knows the prices of these models yet but I think as someone who hasn't spent any money on consoles yet this "gen" a price difference of $100 between ps4 slim and ps4 neo would be any easy decision towards neo considering the difference in hardware..
I think it pretty safe to assume that there'll be a greater than $100 difference. If PS4S is $300 still, Neo will maybe be upwards of $450 to cash in on the more hard-core enthusiast. There'll be enough of a price difference to justify PS4S existence, that's for sure.

Furthermore, $100 is still a 33% difference. That's significant to a lot of the cost-sensitive.

I think it pretty safe to assume that there'll be a greater than $100 difference. If PS4S is $300 still, Neo will maybe be upwards of $450 to cash in on the more hard-core enthusiast. There'll be enough of a price difference to justify PS4S existence, that's for sure.

Furthermore, $100 is still a 33% difference. That's significant to a lot of the cost-sensitive.
But is it significant enough to not trigger a complete migration? Because that should be the goal, you don't wants Neo to become the majority... Or do you? I would sense purchasers fatigue with PS5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the XB1S at 299-399, I would expect Sony to follow a similar pricing for PS4 Slim. They have no reason to try to undercut the price of a 1.4TF console with a 1.84TF console. They can keep a 2:1 market share advantage even at a $50 premium so why start losing money on hardware now?

The next thing to follow closely will be Neo against Scorpio. I'm a bit pessimistic, expecting 499 and 599.

Back