The Tomorrow Children

Surely the weak Beta is reason to be pleased for the F2P model, because it means getting to experience the final release game without spending a penny, and deciding if the ongoing experience is worth investing in or not. F2P doesn't have to be bad, even if 99% of implementations are. Importantly this game wasn't designed from the ground up as F2P, so the game mechanics likely aren't weighted in favour of grind and paid 'accelerators'. Could just be a case of the retail content being split up into lots of purchasable packs, for example, say $3 for each role or tool, $3 to gain access to each vehicle type, with a total cost of no more than the game at retail.

That concerns the Japan servers only.
Hmm. Unless I'm reading this post wrong the whole thing is being shut down.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=242722639

Which is sad really, they suffered from a severe lack of marketing/interest. Something another game "NMS" received quite earnestly but this title didn't. Not sure what happened here, would be interested in reading about the post morgen, this game looked interesting to me

The switch to F2P was definitely disruptive. It doesn't make sense for the gameplay, and the implementation of the F2P/pay split was clearly rushed. The whole thing ended up just sort of... first confusing, and then annoying, to play.

Also, as far as the graphics go, I was saddened with the obviousness of screen-space effects. So much cost for sweet world-space lighting, and the visual stability still got killed.

Just played it. It's also closing on EU and US servers. Looks gorgeous, but is a disaster thanks to free-2-play model failing. Opinions expressed here - https://goo.gl/3D4oMA
You article looks like the only way to buy stuff (weapons, tools) is to spend real money first (pay-wall). But when I played the beta, we could earn money randomly by walking on it, it just could take some time before finding enough money to buy interesting stuff and then once we had a weapon and a much better pickaxe (both from black market, the standard pickaxe sucks), we could easily kill those bees and mine plenty of stuff..

Didn't you find some money lying around ? Did you find how to buy stuff from the black market ?

In an hour and a half I stumbled across $3. The black market etc. all kept asking for dollars to get stuff. However, in trying to find stuff to do, I wasn't able to make dollars, nor get Bourgeois Papers, nor did I know how to get these things. Quick internet search -

How To Get Bourgeois Papershttps://www.reddit.com/r/TomorrowChildrenPS4/comments/59une3/how_to_get_bourgeois_paperssolved/
1) Finish the tutorial 2) Join an ACTIVE-UNDESERTED town and contribute to it by getting supplies 3) As you do work you will run out of materals, go to one of the shops in town and buy tools 4) After buying tools, you will eventually be given the option to buy the papers from them for 500 Freeman Dollars. This happens AFTER gaining access to the black market. 5) This is not a rip off, you simply have to contribute to a town for a while to gain citizenship.

How To Get Freeman Dollars:

1) Login everyday and recieve rewards 2) Every few minutes 3 Freeman Dollars will appear on the ground near you. Walk over it to pick it up.
If these in-game dollars are freely earned somehow, it's part of the design problem that that's not clarified because it's a F2P so player know and expect microtransactions, and any request for a payment with a currency you don't have implies ponying up real monies. As it was though, the dollars weren't coming. At $3 a day, it'd be 166 days to get the papers. Even if there's $50 waiting for me when I log in next, I didn't have a good enough experience to want to log in ever again...

Wait, when exactly did this launch?
How is it that no one on B3D knew, and gave feedback on it, especially the visuals?
I was definitely expecting a DF breakdown of it.

Wait, when exactly did this launch?
How is it that no one on B3D knew, and gave feedback on it, especially the visuals?
I was definitely expecting a DF breakdown of it.
Over a year ago. F2P didn't begin until around March of this year.
Edit: clearly not good st reading dates stamps on neogaf.

Last edited:
Back