Titanfall 2 [PS4, XO]

Titanfall or battlefield.. Historically, titanfall's price falls quicker than battlefield.

But there is no helicopter in bf1 and I still doesn't know how good is the biplanes feels... (I never able to shoot anybody as infantry since bf3 era)

Titanfall or battlefield.. Historically, titanfall's price falls quicker than battlefield.

But there is no helicopter in bf1 and I still doesn't know how good is the biplanes feels... (I never able to shoot anybody as infantry since bf3 era)

Don't forget you can man guns on both bi-planes and the Zeppelin as a passenger. And consider that WWI era bi-planes didn't exactly fly all that much faster than a helicopter. :p

Regards,
SB

The new footage looks nice. Another title beginning to exploit current gen. May pick this up, but it'd be just for the campaign basically, and it's always tough to swallow $60 for that. Maybe Redbox or wait for a sale?

So the pre-alph multiplayer test is available on Xbox One and PS4 right now. I have to say ... they made some changes and I'm not a fan. It's not the smooth-flowing wall-running game it was before. It's slower and it seems there is very little reason to wall-run at all.Neither map seems to encourage traversal. I guess they might be designed more for the grappling hook than the basic movement. The titans take forever to spawn. They don't spawn on a timer anymore. So it's mostly just ... call of duty. Disappointing that they opened titanfall up to playstation and instead of bringing what they had that was good to the new platform, they removed a lot of what made the game feel unique.

Maybe after i've played more I'll feel better about it.

That'd be a real shame if that's what they did. The multiplayer in Titanfall was brilliant as it was. Probably the best competitive multiplayer gameplay of the current generation. Just there wasn't enough of it, however. They need more maps and more players per map. They also needed a single player campaign. All they had to do was add in those things without changing the core gameplay and it would have been a winner.

Regards,
SB

I played a bit of the Pre-Alpha Tech Test as well, mostly the Bounty Hunter mode. There didn't seem many areas to be able to wall-run at all, but plenty to use grappling hook to propel you faster or higher. The "indoor" sections were very small and the outdoor walls of those sections were equally small.

The first map I played was the inner city style, but didn't get a good feel for it at all as I was trying to get used to the controls again and which button was grapple and which was grenades.

The second map was the large outdoor area which came up for the next 4 games or so. The networking code must be wonky or the other team kept having people drop from the match. The play mode is setup to be 5v5 humans vs AI bounties. It was rare to encounter actual enemy players instead of the AI bounties. Maybe it's because I was focusing on the bounties and not running entirely across the map until I had my Titan, that it seemed sparse. The play mode definitely has a different feel from the typical TDM.

Titanfall 2 vs Titanfall 1 gameplay

- less amount of titan
- more time needed to get a titan
- when titan arrives, it usually already a few minutes left
- melee is not as sticky and need two hits to kill
- titan is very slow and less devastating (im using the defender titan, dunno the name)
- too many arbitrary "death barrier" inside the play area
- climbing is much harder
- too many time spend running around
- no burn cards that able to give high-level ability to new players
- rewards winner, punish loser. The more you won, the faster you got a titian. The more you lose, less Titan. Heck most of the time there is zero Titan for losing team. This is a huge contrast to titanfall 1 where everybody got a Titan. And it's practically raining titan.
- Dropship escape end-game is less fun (it basically warps you when the door closed, compared to fly progressively then warp in Titanfall 1. Thus you cant use your own skill to shoot down in-flight dropship. And as long as the door is closed, you already fine).
- generally less hectic, less crowded (titanfall 1 have lots of bots), slower.

@orangpelupa Yep. In the first one you had a timer for your titan that you could decrease by killing grunts. So there was kind of a resource strategy to killing grunts to get your titan. And since titans were part of the game so frequently, there was a strategy to calling them in and controlling parts of the map with them. There was a balance in the map where you could patrol outside an area with the titan, but you'd have to get out of your titan to clear the capture point if it was contested. You'd leave your titan on guard mode. Now the titans just feel like a bonus for the winning team. They're not a huge part of the strategy of the game. They only show up at the end of the match.

The burn cards were great. No idea why they got rid of them.

The maps used to be designed so the ground was controlled with titans and you basically had to traverse using skill to avoid them. Then you'd fight inside as pilots. There was a nice overlap though, because you could attack titans as pilots from rooftops. But overall, titans would be active almost all the time, so the ground outside was mostly ruled by the machines. Now they don't even have a divide, or traversal routes.

Not sure why they got rid of the pilot invis.

Not sure why they reduced the boost on the titans. That was a big part of playing the 1 on 1 titan battles. You could dodge and flank. Now they just feel like these big lumbering pieces of shit that stay in the open and wail on each other.

The issue with Titanfall 1 was content. To be multiplayer only, it needed more maps and more useful weapons. The game basically was smart pistol and assault rifle.

I think for Titanfall 2, having a campaign and then just loading up on content would have been ideal. Changing the core gameplay may not have been a smart idea. But we'll see. Problem is if it's too similar to cod, it'll be very hard to get cod players to even bother with it. They already play cod.

Not sure why they reduced the boost on the titans. That was a big part of playing the 1 on 1 titan battles. You could dodge and flank. Now they just feel like these big lumbering pieces of shit that stay in the open and wail on each other.

my exact experience!

despite the new titan have eye-popping looking grand attack moves.

That is, by far, the most disappointing game I've played in quite a while. It's basically an inferior call of duty with some titans. It no longer has a unique style of map design, game modes or strategy. It's cod and the first team to stack titans wins, if the match even lasts long enough for more than a couple to show up.

Not buying. No way.

Titanfall 2 vs Titanfall 1 gameplay

- less amount of titan
- more time needed to get a titan
- when titan arrives, it usually already a few minutes left
- melee is not as sticky and need two hits to kill
- titan is very slow and less devastating (im using the defender titan, dunno the name)
- too many arbitrary "death barrier" inside the play area
- climbing is much harder
- too many time spend running around
- no burn cards that able to give high-level ability to new players
- rewards winner, punish loser. The more you won, the faster you got a titian. The more you lose, less Titan. Heck most of the time there is zero Titan for losing team. This is a huge contrast to titanfall 1 where everybody got a Titan. And it's practically raining titan.
- Dropship escape end-game is less fun (it basically warps you when the door closed, compared to fly progressively then warp in Titanfall 1. Thus you cant use your own skill to shoot down in-flight dropship. And as long as the door is closed, you already fine).
- generally less hectic, less crowded (titanfall 1 have lots of bots), slower.
Why would they reduce titan play time???? Make traversal harder???Weird decisions.
Haven't been able to get home and play yet. I really liked the titanfall 1 beta. Really looking forward to playing tonight. Hope its good.
The issue with Titanfall 1 was content. To be multiplayer only, it needed more maps and more useful weapons. The game basically was smart pistol and assault rifle.

I think for Titanfall 2, having a campaign and then just loading up on content would have been ideal. Changing the core gameplay may not have been a smart idea. But we'll see. Problem is if it's too similar to cod, it'll be very hard to get cod players to even bother with it. They already play cod.
Agreed ! I really beleived that titanfall would be the eventual COD killer but because it evolved that further. If it going back to cOd then i think we might be loosing another good IP to market pressures based decisions :(

Fingers crossed for my playtime tonight.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Look at this vid and map. 27 minutes of gameplay. Map is not designed for pilot traversal. It's mostly on foot sprinting. Barely any Titans. Most of the cap points are in the open, so there is no separation between pilot and titan areas. That layer of strategy is completely wiped out.

Back