What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the Vault88 DLC (whatever it's actually called) for Fallout 4 last night. Played for a few hours; explored and cleared out the area. Didn't get a chance to build much just yet, was watching some Youtube vids to get ideas.

Bought No Man's Sky on Saturday.... 18 hours into it so far
About the same. NMS and Rimworld are eating all my gaming time. I've not even seen the Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC trailer because that's time wasted I could be exploring and surviving in space.

I was gifted a code for Ark so I've been playing that a little. And still Rimworld and No Man's Sky.

Yeah, bought No Man's Sky on Saturday and I've pumped probably 10 hours into it. My second solar system had a moon which seemed to be completely made of the Emeril element, I spent probably six of the ten playtime hours just on that moon; used funds to buy a bigger, badder ship, upgraded my Exosuit to like 20 slots, upgraded my multitool a bunch, and became a mining machine. Left the solar system with ~3.6 million moneys ;)

Next solar system seems to hate me. Making my way to the first planet and I get hit by pirates. Dispatch losers, loot their stuff, land on the planet. I get out, it's one of the EXTREME planets so my live support is only good for a minute or so. No big deal, I'll walk to where I want to be and come right back. NOT! Some six-legged creature comes over to chomp my ass, so I kill it like a man. This pisses off the overseer pod things which then come after me. Now I'm getting eaten by other friends of the dead six-legged creature, while also getting beat down by pod things, Oh, and my hazard suit has had enough at this point, so it dies too.

WTF PLANET?

Ran back to my ship like a pansy and gave that entire planet the finger. :) On my way out, pirates again. Get into a dogfight, accidentally hammer one of the cargo ships which warped in, and now the sentinel ships want in on the action. Nevermind the pirate attack, obviously not a thing sentinels care about, but God(s) help you if a stray plama ball bounces off a freighter.

Jerks.

Ran back to my ship like a pansy and gave that entire planet the finger. :) On my way out, pirates again. Get into a dogfight, accidentally hammer one of the cargo ships which warped in, and now the sentinel ships want in on the action. Nevermind the pirate attack, obviously not a thing sentinels care about, but God(s) help you if a stray plama ball bounces off a freighter.
Even the X series which is notoriously unforgiving has a feature where neutral ships warn you if you accidentally fire on them. It sucked hard before they implemented that since you could be in a huge battle with raiders and accidentally poke an Argon destroyer and be dead before you knew who killed you. Of course in that game you could also be the destroyer which is infinitely cooler than anything in NMS.

Stepped back into Fallout 4 for the first time in about six to eight weeks so first of, thanks to Nvidia for this delightful cockup. Once I could see my Pip Boy properly I immediately realised my controller muscle memory had faded and felt like a n00b for about 10 minutes. :LOL: Still haven't played Far Harbour on PC yet (completed it on PS4) and Nuka World is just around the corner! :runaway:

I just finished Mad Max. I seriously can't recommend if highly enough. An absolutely awesome game. Graphically spectacular (although I was playing in 3D Vision which was basically made for this game). Amazing gameplay that literally kept me playing for multiple hours at a time before forcing myself to stop when usually I struggle for 1. And a really deep, memorable story, reminiscent of Max Payne 2 or Mafia 2 in terms of depth. The story isn't actually a huge part of the game, but what there is of it is so perfectly crafted that it really doesn't matter. The setting is also quite awe inspiring. I can honestly say I haven't been this struck by a game since Skyrim, and before that Oblivion. I can't believe how underrated it is. I'd say i gameplay terms it's kind of a mix between Shadows of Mordor and Black Flag, but better than either (although I loved both) with a far tighter story and much better graphics.

Finally got around to finishing the Burial at Sea DLCs for Bioshock Infinite that I've had for like 2 years now. Damn, those were so good. Story so good. So sad that Ken Levine appears to be more focused on TV and Movie screenwriting now than writing for games. :(

Regards,
SB

Just asking: even though it's not a PC game, should I post here? I can't find a similar thread in the console section. I posted console games here before, but I just came to that question now.

still going through my games creating shortcuts for them in the start menu and testing they work after having to re install win 7 then upgrading to win 10 been at it for months I keep getting distracted
(i run a game to test it and then have to play it again)

Bioshock Infinite
Just finished it myself
I'd say i gameplay terms it's kind of a mix between Shadows of Mordor and Black Flag
Also Far Cry 4. Mad Max was the game that made me realise ubi have discovered a formula for sandbox games and all their games follow it climb tall structure (balloon in the case of max) scout area ect

The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire. God, this game is annoying... I'm only playing it because I'm playing the whole series, including buggy spin-offs as this one. I've had some good moments with it, but now I'm in the last level and I want to beat it so bad. Redguard and Morrowind are waiting for me. :)

I had previously written off Mad Max, only because I have a "thing" against movie tie-in games. Now I'm willing to go spend a few bucks on Steam since it's getting such good reviews in here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back