PS4 4.0 update, Folders, offline trophies, search function, better UIs and more

Globalisateur

Globby
Legend
Veteran
Supporter
Great news for PS4 gamers, the next update Shingen (4.0) will bring us:

- Folders (duh no comment)
- Library sorting tools and search function using text input! (Alleluia)
- Offline trophies (PS3 had this since years ago, come on Sony)
- Quick menu and Share menu using foreground UIs while gameplay still in background (That's a really great feature actually, I like it a lot)
- General UI refresh

More at:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...re-4-00-will-feature-folders-ui-refresh-more/

" One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely. One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely."

hurray xbox 360 guide :D

that is really handy indeed. Hopefully it have lots of feature integrated

"search for specific games and apps via text input."

why no voice input :(

Maybe he wants voice support for INSTALLING games.

PlayStation, install Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and be quick about it!

:D

Change avatar name/gamertag - when will it ever come?

Also - UI refresh I assume will mean UI will prioritize your installed streaming video apps over the dozen of uninstalled apps I have to flip past every time I want to reach HBO or Netflix.

English UI shots

Cp6sQn6WYAI6elN.jpg

Cp6sRpWWcAA1E8-.jpg

Can someone explain to me like I'm a Nintendo user what "folders" means on this PS4 update?

Oh, so it's a customized Start Menu from like Windows 98? { Launcher Menus }

That is a nice feature.
Is it nice enough to allow for a game being in multiple folders at the same time?

Finally! No more endless line of games in whatever random order.

Random? It's ordered by last played. It was never that complicated or hard to deal with to begin with. If you want to play an older game you could go to the library and sort in multiple ways.

Random? It's ordered by last played. It was never that complicated or hard to deal with to begin with. If you want to play an older game you could go to the library and sort in multiple ways.
Random in that when you're looking for a game you haven't played for ages, your brain doesn't have the order of last played. It would be easier alphabetically, for example. Or just not in a loooooong single line. Which is why they're fixing it.

Interesting stuff not described in the official 4.0 preview is that you can also view the trophies of the current game while in the quick menu as shown in this video

0j1g9c6.png

This update is really good, may be placebo but i think the UI is snappier overall, very happy with the share 30/60 minutes options.

Back