Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Remastered [2016]

The admiral looks weird when speaking.

Oh hey it's J'onn J'onnz from the Supergirl series.

Impressive facial animation , skin shader and eye shader

Err. The cinematography? The camera direction?

Dunno the technical term. But that cutscene is really bad in that aspect. Try compare that talking scene with Uncharted 4 talking screen. Much better cinematography in uncharted.

It's looking really, really really good...! Animations seem fine to me. Maybe a little stiff, maybe a little off, I dunno, it's hard for me to put anything into specifics, it's so subtle I'm not getting hung up on anything. I think they did a good job on that video.

Hope the actual game can look that sweet and not become a shimmering mess in comparison. Who knows what kind of massaging that video went through before being uploaded, and aggressive youtube compression can/does take the edge of most fine details like texture aliasing anyhow. :p

There's definetly something off about this, but I'm still impressed with the overall quality nonetheless.

Apparently noone cares about COD anymore :p

Anyway, now I can confirm that we did lots of cutscene work for this game (all the CG where you see people - the spaceship scenes were done by Blur and some other studio). The technically interesting part was that we were using ingame assets and client p-cap data for almost everything; although we did replace the eyes and hair, and used raytrace lighting and shading. One thing you can notice about this is that all the facial wrinkles are only in the normal maps and thus they don't affect the silhouettes - it is sometimes quite obvious if you pay attention, but works reasonably well most of the time. And of course low-poly (well, sometimes almost 100K) body models and no clothsims or such. It was an interesting learning experience in many ways I can't talk about ;)

Another interesting aspect of this game is the story, but it's obviously hard to talk about without spoilers. I'd say they made a few interesting and quite daring choices, though.
There is a certain simplicity in that it's a pretty straightforward good vs. evil story and it's also quite contained - one day's events from a single character's point of view. The carrier ship serving as a central hub with optional missions and player selectable loadouts is another interesting new approach.

I'm kinda interested to see how it fares - scores are sort of the usual, we'll see how well it sells, especially against Battlefield and Titanfall...

Long time no see Yosh.
By the way, what does p-cap mean?

EDIT: oh, its performance capture isn't it?

Yeah, meaning actors are motion captured, there's some sort of face camera for the facial acting, and voice is also recorded - all at the same time and synchronized. Usually there are also a couple of HD cameras, shoulder mounted, which also record facial performance for animation reference, as the face cam has a very wide field of view and thus it's hard for the human eye to understand what's going on.

Been playing this. Meh.
That's all I can say. Meh.

Very impressive set pieces, cut scenes, everything just looks great. But as a game? Meh.

It's very, very sci-fi. I keep going "WOAH COOL!!!" cause it is very impressive at times, but after spending so many hours with Destiny and just a lot of much better shooters, COD is a little bit shallow I'd say.

I am wondering whether I should play this, Titanfall 2 or Battlefield

for cheap future: titanfall 2. because all maps DLC will be free.
it also have nice SP and MP.

but the spectacles in BF1 looks much more marvelous.

dunno about cod

Back