Nvidia Pascal Reviews [1080XP, 1080ti, 1080, 1070ti, 1070, 1060, 1050, and 1030]

There are no waterblocks for this card yet so I just have it on the stock air cooler for now, haven't had a chance to do anything more than install it and the latest driver, haven't even run a single benchmark or game yet but it's waiting for me when I get home... OC potential looks good so far from what I've seen from other enthusiasts @ overclock.net with many achieving core clocks beyond 2GHz, almost all above 1900MHz (and usually sustained at that). Just need better cooling and the ability to raise the power limit and these cards will be absolutely bananas.

There are no waterblocks for this card yet so I just have it on the stock air cooler for now, haven't had a chance to do anything more than install it and the latest driver, haven't even run a single benchmark or game yet but it's waiting for me when I get home... OC potential looks good so far from what I've seen from other enthusiasts @ overclock.net with many achieving core clocks beyond 2GHz, almost all above 1900MHz (and usually sustained at that). Just need better cooling and the ability to raise the power limit and these cards will be absolutely bananas.
I think EK starts shipping their waterblock on Aug 16.
EK Launches NVIDIA TITAN X Pascal Water Blocks
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ek-launches-nvidia-titan-x-pascal-water-blocks.html

Looks like Nvidia reduced the SM's geometry throughput down to 3 cycles again, just like in GM200.
I don't know what you mean with reduced. Kepler were all 1 tri every 2 cycles per smx. All Paxwell chips are 1 tri every 3 clocks per smm (I believe including the P100, albeit the rate there would be per TPC).

Corsair launches Hydro GFX GTX 1080 liquid cooled graphics card

Corsair has launched the Hydro GFX GTX 1080 liquid cooled graphics card. This all in one liquid cooled graphics card is based upon the sleek melding of an MSI designed GTX 1080 graphics card with a Corsair Hydro Series H55.

644ab960-89f0-46e2-8b56-9e03dd307179.jpg

3a5e03f3-37f0-493e-bdc1-9446d9ce0a95.jpg
http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics...dro-gfx-gtx-1080-liquid-cooled-graphics-card/

Tom's Hardware has updated the power demand of the Pascal Titan card: http://www.tomshardware.de/nvidia-titan-x-2016-12gb-pascal,testberichte-242164-7.html
Means using some kind of translation if looking at more than the graphs.
Pretty much in line with previous Nvidia cards in terms of power traits, just a shame they could not test overclocking but peak normal use shows how efficient it is, although trend wise it is less so relative to Titan X/980 card comparison; In terms of efficiency the Maxwell Titan X was much better relative to 980 where here the Pascal Titan X is using more power for its gains relative to the 1080FE.

11-Power-Consumption-All-Rails-Bars.png

20-Overview-Card-Different-Load-Levels.png

50ms is inconsequential in terms of extra demand it puts on spec as applied to PC GPUs/connectors.

22-Overview-Gaming.png

The previous Maxwell Titan X in game was measured at 224W at Tom's Hardware:
gaming-power-consumption_w_600.png

In terms of power demand-performance, it can be seen how this time round the 1080FE and Pascal Titan diverge from each other.
I assume the much higher clock speed for the Pascal Titan with its greater GPC and (associated architecture components such as Polymorph Engines/etc) having the impact, but this does not translate to a massive gap in performance between 1080FE and the Pascal Titan, which was more apparent with previous Maxwell 2 Titan X/980 when taking in consideration power demand-clock speed-etc.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hexus Review: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile (Asus ROG G752VS)

475313d7-3a96-409c-91d5-45f53aadf1bf.png

Make no mistake, this is the GTX 1070 we know and appreciate. The 16nm Pascal GPU delivers a level of performance that's eerily similar to the desktop Founders Edition. With this amount of power the ROG G752VS pummels all of the laptops equipped with a GTX 980M, and it isn't a million miles behind an MSI GT80S outfitted with two GTX 980s.
Our initial examination of the GeForce GTX 1070, featured in a pre-production Asus ROG G752VS, reveals performance to be far superior to any previous-generation laptop GPU. Such supremacy is likely to be reflected in retail pricing - we don't anticipate GTX 1070 laptops to be widely available for less than £1,500 - but the key takeaway here is that Nvidia has reached a point of convergence where the gap between mobile and desktop GPUs has all but disappeared.
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/95650-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-mobile-asus-rog-g752vs/

Any links to reviews on the GTX 1060 3GB model?
None yet. NV didn't sample any cards to the press. Reviews will come when partners themselves sample cards for review. FWIW NV claims the difference in performance is ~5% between the 6GB and 3GB cards but take that with an appropriate dose of salt.

I am inclined to believe that with the caveat, the HUGE caveat, that it's true only as long as the 3 GiB vidmem suffice. And we know that even 4 GiB-SKUs are struggling in a few titles in 1080p already. Now it could be reasoned that people going for cheaper cards are not as adamant on keeping all settings at max, but I'm not sure if I want to follow where that road leads to.

I am inclined to believe that with the caveat, the HUGE caveat, that it's true only as long as the 3 GiB vidmem suffice. And we know that even 4 GiB-SKUs are struggling in a few titles in 1080p already. Now it could be reasoned that people going for cheaper cards are not as adamant on keeping all settings at max, but I'm not sure if I want to follow where that road leads to.
Agree..I didn't state that because I thought it was obvious. The VRAM will be a problem..and even if not today..we have to take into account future games. The 2GB GTX 960 is a prime example of this.

Back