Xbox One Slim

The PSU rating label on the back says 100V-240V 1.8A which would be 180W rating, right? Seems quite high but may just be being conservative.
100-240V is the AC voltage *input- just means the PSU can be used any standard outlet with the right plug.

You need to look at the DC12V amperage if that's even on the label. Link?

Last edited:
100-240V is the AC voltage - just means the PSU can be used any standard outlet with the right plug.

You need to look at the DC12V amperage if that's even on the label. Link?

Yes but the UK PS4 I had said 220V-240V (I know it is really 100V-240V) 1.15A and all you do is times the lower Volts 220 by 1.15= 253W. The PSU in PS4 is 250W rated in the one I had. Or do I have that wrong?

You can see the label in the video posted earlier in this thread if you look carefully. It only lists 100V-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.8A, though.

That's not how it's done for DC power consumption (or rather, what the maximum the PSU is rated to output).

Those are just the ratings the PSU can handle on input from the wall socket. AC power is also not the same as DC power.

That's not how it's done for DC power consumption (or rather, what the maximum the PSU is rated to supply to the device).

Those are just the ratings the PSU can handle on input from the wall socket. AC power is also not the same as DC power.

Neither the S or PS4 list 12V DC on the back. I think the launch PS4 had a rating for 12V DC output of 18.6A and launch Xbox One 17.9A. Can't the same figures be compared between the S and PS4?

Sheesh! First people are complaining about flops not being equal, nVidia not the same as AMD. Now electrons aren't equal, DC versus AC. What next?!
Framerate isn't frametime :runaway:

------

Anyways, DF should have something in the near future about Slim.

Neither the S or PS4 list 12V DC on the back. I think the launch PS4 had a rating for 12V DC output of 18.6A and launch Xbox One 17.9A. Can't the same figures be compared between the S and PS4?
That's basically just because the power supplies are internal, so one would have to open up and see what the DC ratings are.

Ultimately it's only useful (for us) in telling if there are significant changes in power consumption expectations for the device and predecessor. Normally, you don't want the power supply to be supplying what it is rated for at max since lightning can strike, and then we'd have a clocktower broken for over 30 years.

That's basically just because the power supplies are internal, so one would have to open up and see what the DC ratings are.

Ultimately it's only useful (for us) in telling if there are significant changes in power consumption expectations for the device and predecessor. Normally, you don't want the power supply to be supplying what it is rated for at max since lightning can strike, and then we'd have a clocktower broken for over 30 years.

Yeah this is what I'm trying to do. Is it wrong to do volts X amps = max PSU wattage? I obviously need a lesson here.....*puts on BTTF*

Yeah this is what I'm trying to do. Is it wrong to do volts X amps = max PSU wattage? I obviously need a lesson here.....*puts on BTTF*

You're calculating PSU INPUT, when what's important is PSU OUTPUT.

GameStop is providing a trade-in program towards the XBox One S -- http://www.gamestop.com/trade#tradeupxb1s .

GET $200 TRADE CREDIT FOR SELECT PLAYSTATION 4 SYSTEMS:
  • PS4 1TB CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 3
  • PS4 500GB BATMAN STEEL GRAY
  • PS4 500GB BLACK
  • PS4 500GB DARTH VADER
  • PS4 500GB DESTINY WHITE
  • PS4 500GB UNCHARTED 4
  • PS4 500GB WHITE
GET UP $150 TRADE CREDIT FOR SELECT XBOX ONE SYSTEMS:
  • XBOX ONE 1TB ELITE CONTROLLER
  • XBOX ONE 500GB BLACK 3.5MM JACK
  • XBOX ONE 500GB ELITE CONTROLLER
  • XBOX ONE 500GB WHITE (NO KINECT)
  • XBOX ONE BLACK 1TB
  • XBOX ONE BLACK 500GB W/ORIGINAL CONTROLLER
  • XBOX ONE COD 1TB
  • XBOX ONE FORZA BLUE 1TB
  • XBOX ONE HALO 5 1TB
GET UP TO $100 TRADE CREDIT FOR SELECT NEW 3DS XL OR WII U SYSTEMS:
  • NEW 3DS W/STYLUS
  • NEW 3DS XL W/STYLUS
  • WII U 32GB BLACK
  • WII U 32GB DELUXE ZELDA
  • WII U 8GB WHITE

You're calculating PSU INPUT, when what's important is PSU OUTPUT.

Yes I do understand that now but thought in light of no other info the AC input/amp figures on the back of the Xbox One S and PS4 could be compared to give a indication of the PSU rating . Guess I was wrong.

Why do a lot of products not list the DC output on the back (like PS4) if that is the important figure?

New pics for comparison...

http://imgur.com/a/DKseW

https://inthegame.nl/breaking-inthegame-xbox-one-s/

3YCd2sw.jpg

n3q7aji.jpg

qWUJ8QX.jpg

58esPLz.jpg

eM3Yzs0.jpg

79nCKSt.jpg

By8ARra.jpg

ZbJzhhM.jpg

20160730_120332-1024x576.jpg

20160730_120349-1024x576.jpg

20160730_120957-3-1024x576.jpg

20160730_171232-1024x576.jpg

20160730_121036-2-946x1024.jpg

Tommy McClain

Has anybody bother to turn it on? I am more interested in its noise level. It's nice that it's smaller but I'd take the bigger footprint with its "every once in awhile being audibly noticeable" any day if the smaller one is louder.

Has anybody bother to turn it on? I am more interested in its noise level. It's nice that it's smaller but I'd take the bigger footprint with its "every once in awhile being audibly noticeable" any day if the smaller one is louder.
Saw tweets earliet today saying its as silent as the XBox One original model. Trying to find them again.

I've no need to own a console at present, exclusives just aren't enough of a draw anymore. I still have some yearning for the XboneS. It looks like a lovely little gaming box.

I like the design but I can't help but think there is a speaker there lol

all those leaks an no photos of the board so far?

Back