No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

Hm...buy or wait...decisions :cry:

I am fascinated by the tec, but the price is a bit high.

Also, I am addicted to Overwatch and I only want to play this OW!!

:cry:

Ok watched that footage and it seems like i was correct
It seems to be basically this http://store.steampowered.com/app/334420/ on steroids. Minus the difficulty of course, the concept seems pretty much the same but it seems to be a lot easier than Out There.

It is pretty much like Out There on steroids. Kinda excited but i'm thinking of getting the PC version instead since they both come out at the same time.

Love the aesthetic by the way
2uPk2Sf.jpg
And it has time of day based on the position of the sun based on that video which is pretty cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have to agree on aesthetic. It actually looks its own thing, which is quite rare these days, and does 'alien' in a convincing way.

And it has time of day based on the position of the sun based on that video which is pretty cool :)
Well it basically has to because you can fly around the other side of the planet in a moment. So the graphics need to be able to draw the planet at any 'time of day', which in turn means you can update the current time/rotation.

UUUUUUGH the screen is so busy with HUD!

i though they were chasing minimal HUD like on those trailers....

Looks it in the videos. It's definitely clever, but the pop-in on PS4 is something unique to the tech and I find it kinda off-putting. It might be something one tunes out of in play. For people with decent PC's (DSoup) I'd have thought that'd the be the preferable platform.

I wavered a bit then ordered it on Steam. I must admit I hadn't noticed the pop-in until you mentioned then I was looking for it. Sometimes the horizonal pop-in is not (or barely) visible because of the atmosphere type or because the player is moving slowly but it's quite noticeable on planets with a clear atmosphere where the player is moving fast. But I've also seen things pop-in/generate really close.

It'll be interesting to see if the problem is there on more powerful PCs or whether NMS aggressively generates more terrain and detail when the CPU/GPU allows.

edit: Sean Murray talks about the pop-in at 46:00 in the Game Informer video, framerate follows immediately after.

Last edited by a moderator:
That image by Clukos os super deper spoilery. Thats why I didn't post it. th enext screen shot posted by that ghuy on reddit should NOT BE SEEN ! This game is much beyond what we thought lore wise, if that screen shot titles "Sunday post" on reddit is true (Which it is but I don't know th econtext).

I wasn't worried about spoilers till now thinking its all random stuff but now I will have to blackout!
For those who are curious , here it is:

This ends everything, no more curiosity, I just want to play NOW !

Well it's no surprise to anyone that played Out There, i'm definitely curious to see how much of that game is in NMS :p

I can't see why a chunky i7 can't generate the content fastest (so further) then PS4's pokey cores.
It depends how the world is generated. If it's all CPU then yes, if it's GPU then maybe, if it's a combination then PS4 may hold it's own thanks to not having a slow arse local bus between the two.

I'm curious but has there been any talk of drones in the game? It would be nice to be able to land and use a small, fast and nimble ship to scout a planet relatively risk free.

That image by Clukos os super deper spoilery. Thats why I didn't post it. th enext screen shot posted by that ghuy on reddit should NOT BE SEEN ! This game is much beyond what we thought lore wise, if that screen shot titles "Sunday post" on reddit is true (Which it is but I don't know th econtext).

I wasn't worried about spoilers till now thinking its all random stuff but now I will have to blackout!
For those who are curious , here it is:

This ends everything, no more curiosity, I just want to play NOW !

Why it's a huge spoiler? It's just a picture of bleep that bleep.

Back