Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Indonesia got ripped-off real bad

US Rp 7,2 million
got PSVR + Camera + PS Move.

Indonesia Rp 7,4 million
did not get PS Move.

It could be your country imposing tariffs.

Or in the case of the EU, there is a requirement for much longer warranties than the ones they provide in the US so that also results in a higher price.

do sony thinks indonesia is rich or someting...
Dont compare Costs compared to the USA its always(or nearly) the cheapest in the world, compare it to the median price.
But as others have mentioned theres TAX, remember in the US they also often pay tax on top of that price, also extra warranty, here in NZ electronic goods have a guarantee automatically thus if your console etc breaks down in 2 or 3 years they have to replace it at no cost

Yeah with tax included, Indonesia is around 100 usd more expensive. While Singaporean price is the same as US with tax.

Heck, I can fly to Singapore, buy Psvr, and fly back to Indonesia with the price difference.

Although I suspect the big video game shops will do Grey imports and sell it much cheaper. Just like what they do with PS4

Btw sony have new ps move coming. The new model number is

CECH-ZCM1G

Dunno what the difference is. But it needs a new certification to be able to be sold in Indonesia.

Dont compare Costs compared to the USA its always(or nearly) the cheapest in the world, compare it to the median price.
But as others have mentioned theres TAX, remember in the US they also often pay tax on top of that price, also extra warranty, here in NZ electronic goods have a guarantee automatically thus if your console etc breaks down in 2 or 3 years they have to replace it at no cost

Yup here in NJ its 7% sales tax. You also then have to buy coverage through either Sony or the store you buy it from. So a 2 year plan is around $50 plus tax for something in the sub $500 range.

I try to go to Costco for electronics. Costco gives a 90 day return policy and 2 year protection plan. Also some of my credit cards will give me a year on top of the manufacture one.

Sony VR Physical Space Requirements were revealed. I'm a bit surprised by the seemingly large area required for something which doesn't involve much if any physical movement.

ArsTechnica Article: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...r-space-requirements-is-your-room-big-enough/

The amount of suggested minimum space may surprise some players. The pamphlet image, posted anonymously on Imgur and found by Polygon, suggests that players dedicate 9.8' of depth and 6.2' of width to their PSVR play area. This includes a two-foot dead zone directly in front of a single PlayStation Camera, which must be set up for tracking purposes, and a few more feet back to position a chair so that players can look and wave arms all around their play space.

LXU94zz.jpg

thats just to cover their ass in case someone encounters issues. I'm sure it can work mostly fine under more crammed spaces than that.

For comparison, here is what's listed for Kinect One: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/setup-play-space

Setting up your play space
Use the following guidelines to make sure your play space is ready for a great Kinect experience:

• Clear the area between the sensor and the players.
  • One player: Stand back about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m).
  • Two players: Stand back 6 feet (1.8 m).
  • Play space will vary by game, application and sensor placement.
  • Make sure the room has bright, even lighting.

EDIT: And a link/review showing it can work in a tiny Tokyo Apartment: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/...kinect-camera-work-in-a-tiny-tokyo-apartment/

No real surprise there. The front-to-back distance is to accommodate the FOV of the camera, the side-to-side is to provide a full wingspan of your outstretched arms. Using VR motion controllers where there are objects you can hit within arm's reach is never very relaxing for me as you're forced to restrict your motions well short of your already physically limited area. Even though I have a completely empty 13'x13' room for VR, I still have to consciously abstain from fast overhand motions because the ceiling is just barely within controller's reach if I extend my arm fully. The only two impacts my controllers have taken have been against the exposed joists in the ceiling by a less mindful friend. Had they been Move controllers I doubt they would have survived.

Had they been Move controllers I doubt they would have survived.
Why? My Moves had their fair share of hitting objects for years, it's surprisingly difficult to break. Like all motion gaming, the danger isn't breaking the controller, it's hurting yoursef or others.

The cost and hassle of replacing a Vive or oculus controller (and going through the company to get one, because they are not sold individually anywhere) is a much bigger deal than a $25 Move which you can get at walmart, or gamestop, or amazon.

Yeah, in all that time I hurt my hand a few times but the moves live on unscathed. Even the batteries are holding up ok (maybe went from 10 to 8 hours?). Got them at launch, so they are ... old.

But otherwise, what Hugh said. If I stretch my arms, the bulbs are just over 2m apart. And that's accomodating if you stay in place. Some of the Kinect sports games have you pick up something on the floor far enough on your left or right that you have to move over there, and then the required space increases (this usually gets me into trouble space wise).

But most games work fine at about 1.8m in front of the camera, and some require much less. A game like Tumble for instance is going to require a fraction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr
Beyond that, while it's true that PSVR headset uses a lower resolution screen, it's sub-pixel arrangement helps to produce a very clean image while its optics minimise screen-door effect. In comparison, the Rift and Vive both use a pentile sub-pixel layout which has a negative impact on overall image quality. The difference manifests itself in the number of sub-pixels per pixel - an RGB matrix features three, while a pentile arrangement relies on just two. The higer resolution certainly results in a sharper image on the PC headsets, but PSVR compares favourably as a result of its RGB layout

Back