Rise of the Tomb Raider [XO, XOX, X360, PS4, P4Pro]

Was confused about the new announcement. I thought it was just for the PS4, but evidently it's for the PC & XB1 as well(less VR of course). Still haven't bought it yet, but I'm thinking I will finally get it later this fall. The new Co-Op mode sounds great.

Tommy McClain

Was confused about the new announcement. I thought it was just for the PS4, but evidently it's for the PC & XB1 as well(less VR of course). Still haven't bought it yet, but I'm thinking I will finally get it later this fall. The new Co-Op mode sounds great.

Tommy McClain

They said they can get the extra modes and content (except VR) through the season pass. There is no 20th anniversary edition for anything but the PS4 on Amazon.

They said they can get the extra modes and content (except VR) through the season pass. There is no 20th anniversary edition for anything but the PS4 on Amazon.

True, but I didn't say there would be a 20th Anniversary Edition on Xbox anyway. Just that the content was coming to XB1 & PC. But I will say, Microsoft did announce the content as part of their "20 Year Celebration" on News.Xbox.com.

Tommy McClain

aliasing still there

killmezpy5v.jpg

But seriously, how hard is it to implement some sort of taa? You've had over a year and it's definitely the most glaring issue with the game visually by far.

Official Nixxes statement about them porting the game on PS4 with plenty of new content:

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdetail/20-uk/news/190-rotr-20-year-announced

Nixxes Software is proud to announce that we have teamed up with our long term partners at Crystal Dynamics to bring the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider to the Playstation 4!...

- NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story (can also be experienced in first person with PlayStation VR.)...
- NEW “Lara’s Nightmare” Mode...
- NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op...
- NEW 20 Year Celebration Content...
- Includes all Previously Released DLC

Surely this mode has clean IQ? Those shimmers in VR would cause brain haemorrhaging.
[reads article] Oh, it's only a section that's VR enabled. If games are doing that, UC4 should get some VR going in the houses.

Yeah, only her exploring Croft Manor is actually in VR. That's fine IMO. Light exploration and puzzle solving is perfect for early VR.

Slightly off topic but the other port Nixxes worked on actually includes TAA on PC for DE: MD(and surely Ps4 as well)

147150054922176y0p.jpg

1471500615955cxz2t.jpg

So i don't really get what is the issue with RotTR, first with the PC version and now the Ps4.

Slightly off topic but the other port Nixxes worked on actually includes TAA on PC for DE: MD(and surely Ps4 as well)

So i don't really get what is the issue with RotTR, first with the PC version and now the Ps4.
Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this aliasing issue when I'll get my hands on the PS4 game....My share button is going to suffer. :LOL:

The first area looks nice and i think it is the high point of the entire game (Syria), but the moment you get to the Soviet Camp your eyes will bleed from the shimmering, if they haven't improved it in the Ps4 version that is.

Edit: Uploading one video to showcase the problem from the PC version maxed at 1080p

Edit #2: It's here

Also, youtube compression is masking the effect quite nicely, it looks worse when you're playing the game

Last edited:
My PS4 copy arrived today. I was fervently trying to remember why I pre-orderd this for PS4 (instead of PC) then I saw it; Blood Ties DLC in PSVR :runaway:

I'm probably not going to get to play the game for a few weeks but I'm looking forward to it.

I got my copy as well and I'm loving it so far. It's like Uncharted 4, except it was clearly made by someone not secretly ashamed of making video games intead of films. If you liked the last one you're gonna like this. It's way more tomb-raidery than the last one too.

Lol you're going to have to expand on this comment.

Back