What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far Cry Primal. I just like sneaking about ganking baddies.

Finished Wolfenstein The New Order. Thought it fell apart after the halfway point. It just didn't seem to know what it wanted in terms of gameplay. It's an old-school shooter with loads of dull in-between mission nonsense (Don't send me on a quest to find missing toys in a Wolfenstein game, please), and one which refuses to give you the necessary ammunition to tackle most of the later levels in ways I'd call fun. The constant search for ammo and armor - all of which you have to pick up manually no less - really got on my nerves. Then there's the annoying laser gun that lets you shoot a grand total of 5 times before having to find a charging station. The game also doesn't feel quite right; Everything is just a tad too slow (reloading, switching weapons, switching weapon mods). I also found myself getting stuck on environmental details constantly. And dear god, how pointlessly overstuffed is the control scheme.
In a way, the whole game almost felt like a test run for the new Doom.

either Overwatch on the ps4 or Persona 4 and Ys VIII Memories of Celcetta on the Vita !
Also new studio i joined bagged me a gtx980 PC and crysis 3 melted my eyeballs off !!! And spent the whole day today on Modding Skyrim to make it come to 30 fps on this monster PC I have now !

I just completed UC4 a few days ago, which was a blast. Still on MGS5, I think chapter 3, some very heavy firefight mission that I've been struggling with. Can't be too long till this one is finished though.

Apart from that, still Trials Fusion. 4 medals away from 100% platinum. :p

Comix Zone. Bought it recently in that Genesis bundle.

This game is really awesome. The combat is extremely satisfying and surprisingly deep for an action game. It's tough, but not nearly as bad as people say, and it makes progress feel like an accomplishment. Really underrated in my opinion.

(Waits for all the Pokemon go players to admit that's what they're playing)

Speaking of Pokemon Go, that game's shallowness convinced me to start a new game in Pokemon Y. Even though I don't like how each new generation adds more gimmicks that nobody wants and forced dialogue/cutscenes that nobody cares about, it's still pretty good.

Pokemon Go is total junk though. The best part of Pokemon, the battles, aren't even a shadow of what they are in the mainline games.

I just completed UC4 a few days ago, which was a blast. Still on MGS5, I think chapter 3, some very heavy firefight mission that I've been struggling with. Can't be too long till this one is finished though.

100% platinum medals, the feel of the missing platinum trophy. :LOL:

Good luck!

Which reminds me, I've started replaying the original Trials HD on backwards compatability on the One. Nice that it keeps your (long forgotten) saves from the game. Beating some of Acert93 times to make me feel better about how mediocre I am at the game.

I have to say I have been playing Song of the Deep the last 4 days and though it started very slow..I am.having a great time now :) ! And the game is much longer than I expected. I am actually addicted for the moment and can't play anything else.
The only point is I was expecting it to much more cheerful and charming, but that's not the case. It's beautiful but not charming, whatever that means.

For the steam price, it's fully recommended. Just be prepared for a slow start. Can't wait to finish it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

100% platinum medals, the feel of the missing platinum trophy. :LOL:

Good luck!

Thanks! Truthfully, it's been driving me nuts. I've attempted my 100th (probably more) attempt of Rock of Rages but somewhere, I always stuff up the faultless run. About 3 weeks ago on one of my attempts, I've actually made it through only to somehow silly fault right before the finishing line. :LOL: I'm amazed my place survived that, I could have burned it down. :oops: I guess I should follow my own advice and get some more variation by just playing other levels and going back to it, but these last 4 medals are really driving me crazy and putting me on the verge of mental craziness and total frustration. The damn problem; the more you silly fault, the more nervous I tend to get when I make it through 2/3rds without a fault (and in Rock of Rages, the 2nd last checkpoint is pretty easy to fault). For the record, the 4 platinum medals deluding me are Rock of Rages, Frost Bite and Inferno IV and the last skill game. The skill game is probably the easiest of the lot, but I just don't care enough to attempt it for now (I hate the randomness). Rock of Rages is pretty easy, but I just seem not able to string it together. Bit afraid of Frost Bite - that 2nd checkpoint is still quite difficult (the big jump and then hop from platform to platform) and well, Inferno IV is Inferno IV - though I think I've finally figured out the stupid barrel checkpoint...

Anyway, really love Fusion Trials. It's just one of those games, you can come home to after work, play a few rounds while having your brain completely turned off.

Speaking of which; That Metal Gear Solid 5 level is frickin tough. I think I'll have to make a post in the MGS topic...

Axiom Verge was half off on PSN (still is I believe). It's a fantastic Metroid-like with plenty of great gameplay twists (for example: there's a gun that basically infects enemies and parts of the environments with a virus. Or maybe it's just reprogramming stuff. Who knows. Anyways, turning enemies into platforms, or rockets spewing thingamajigs into health geysirs is fairly neat.) and a kick-ass soundtrack. It's cross-buy and works great on the Vita as well, but the curious lack of cross-save is a real bummer.

Speaking of Pokemon Go, that game's shallowness convinced me to start a new game in Pokemon Y. Even though I don't like how each new generation adds more gimmicks that nobody wants and forced dialogue/cutscenes that nobody cares about, it's still pretty good.

Pokemon Go is total junk though. The best part of Pokemon, the battles, aren't even a shadow of what they are in the mainline games.
Must admit I've been playing Pokemon GO quite a lot recently. But on the positive side, it got me interested again on Pokemon Y, that I earlier had dismissed as too boring (based on a 10 minute gaming session). Now I eagerly await the Pokemon Sun/Moon games.
That and No Man's Sky are my current playlist

Silly question, but could you tell me, as a person who has never played Pokemon and hasn't had time to check out GO, what the incentive is to play it? Is it just the virtual reality stuff or is there some actual challenge and actual gameplay in there?

Silly question, but could you tell me, as a person who has never played Pokemon and hasn't had time to check out GO, what the incentive is to play it? Is it just the virtual reality stuff or is there some actual challenge and actual gameplay in there?
No.
Gotta catch em all.
I play wit AR off, it's better that way imo and you can play more candidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back