Xbox One Slim

At some point yes , something very close to that size. Gotta see how far down in power the slim is if its using 14nm or what.

I think first on the list would be an intel nuc sized device however

Look at 360's final form to see slimming options are pretty limited with such fixed technology. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a One smaller than the "S". You could make something very tiny with the power of One, but I dont think you can shrink the exact architecture of the One much.

The price might seem a bit high at first, but the 2TB XBox One S is $399, so for $50 more you get Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition (a $99 value) with Gears 4 Season Pass and a limited edition controller.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/14/int...d-edition-2tb-bundle-first-custom-xbox-one-s/

XboxOneS_LECnslCntllr_GoW4Red_Vrt_ANR_RGB_hero.png

Price is way too high IMO, but, it's what MS does. Try to keep the average selling price of the hardware higher by mixing in some of this stuff at different price points.

It'd be worth it if those were real gashes on the Gears console and controller.

I swear I read on GAF they actually are real gashes.

Not interested in another wall-plug power adapter sucking up power 24/7, even when things are "off".

My power company literally pays me to use more power ($80 discount only if I use more than 1Kwh in a month, which I often fail to meet, thus I'm always looking to leave the lights on etc). To me it's the bulkiness of multiple warts that's offensive.

Last edited:
Look at 360's final form to see slimming options are pretty limited with such fixed technology. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a One smaller than the "S". You could make something very tiny with the power of One, but I dont think you can shrink the exact architecture of the One much

The final 360 still had a dvd drive however. Moving to an all digital platform will allow them to remove the bulk of the space

This is the 360 e

upload_2016-7-16_1-28-21.png

I can't justify a minor upgrade this year unless MS gives you a big trade in towards the purchase.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that some MS Chief (Australia?) stated that there will be trade-in's towards the new consoles. It was unclear if he was talking about "partners" such as Best Buy, Game Stop, etc.. or directly from MS themselves or if he was talking about the XB1 to the XB1S or Scorpio, but the discussion about trade-in to upgrade has already begun.

So, is the Slim's HDR support like an output mode than cant be turned off?

There was discussion on GAF that current HDR TV's have lots of lag and typically you cant mix HDR and game modes on TV's, there would be a way to turn this off and just have a no HDR Xbox S if you wanted right?

In other words you aren't doomed to high input lag because of the S's HDR support are you?

I'm sure that I read somewhere that some MS Chief (Australia?) stated that there will be trade-in's towards the new consoles. It was unclear if he was talking about "partners" such as Best Buy, Game Stop, etc.. or directly from MS themselves or if he was talking about the XB1 to the XB1S or Scorpio, but the discussion about trade-in to upgrade has already begun.

Yeah, I've heard the rumors. We'll have to see how much credit they give you towards the purchase. Preferably, I'd go with the MS direct option if they have one as trade-ins at Gamestop are terrible imo.

So from the talks on the preview program forums...

People have been running the Kinect directly from a Powered USB hub and have had no issues. It's said this should work with the Xbox One S too. This might be easier to do than getting the free Kinect Xbox One S adapter. Bonus is it'll allow you to connect more devices too.

So from the talks on the preview program forums...

People have been running the Kinect directly from a Powered USB hub and have had no issues. It's said this should work with the Xbox One S too. This might be easier to do than getting the free Kinect Xbox One S adapter. Bonus is it'll allow you to connect more devices too.

That's an interesting solution as some PC USB hubs allow devices to draw more power over the USB connector than the USB standard in order to allow for faster charging of mobile devices. Only up to a point though. For things like 2.5 amp device power draw, they'll usually have special power only USB ports.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I've heard the rumors. We'll have to see how much credit they give you towards the purchase. Preferably, I'd go with the MS direct option if they have one as trade-ins at Gamestop are terrible imo.

It be interesting if they gave out a credit towards an xbox scorpio but then also a store credit for games too. A way to get more people to try DD

I wouldn't expect trade ins to go too crazy. $150 absolute tops, where Scorpio should cost at least 399, maybe 449 or 499.

Honestly I just love what they've done with One as all in one box. It's so good, watching TV on it and seeing it's basically an all entertainment TV+streaming+games box. I hope Scorpio sees the same or better.

Wow they're giving Master Chief Collection AND Halo 5 for the 500/299 SKU? Not bad at all! Heck I was thinking initially they'd have no pack in game.

I was worried XBO sales might slow once the crazy fire sales to clear out old stock stopped, but these are nice deals.

Check out the Microsoft Store for even better deals on the old models. An extra game & extra controller over the already included games & controller & still just $249. Even comes with the $20 credit for the Xbox Design Labs.

Tommy McClain

They should test noise level playing a game and watching a movie.

What the heck, he should strip the heatspreader and measure the soc

They call this 2TB model the launch edition, is there actually anything of interest with it? I see the smaller consoles are bundles which makes the HDD tax seem even more acute.

They call this 2TB model the launch edition, is there actually anything of interest with it? I see the smaller consoles are bundles which makes the HDD tax seem even more acute.

Comes with a free vertical stand. All other SKUs it's not included & costs $20 extra.

Tommy McClain

Didn't 20nm get scrubbed for anything other than mobile? AMD abandoned it for Jaguar and their low end APUs, so I've been assuming the 20nm console shrink got canned too.
We do know at one point in time they had a 20nm Xbox design (probably at TSMC). Maybe it's not too farfetched that they rolled with the FF version once they figured out that 20nm was a crap show, and it was somewhat of a sunk cost at that point . (16nmFF uses the same metal backend as 20nm).

Last edited:
Looking at the fan on the XBoneS, it seems like it might be 12cm, same as the XBone.

With a voltage drop from 3 years of maturity, and a little more fan noise in game mode, could XBoneS still be on 28nm ....?

From etta @GAF: Microsoft's Mike Ybarra said this.

8any0qqrq8cx.png

The PSU rating label on the back says 100V-240V 1.8A which would be 180W rating, right? Seems quite high but may just be being conservative.

Back