Google Play Store Family Plan

http://venturebeat.com/2016/07/27/g...are-purchases-across-android-ios-and-the-web/

No better place to put this.

I wonder if the internet is going to have a collective meltdown over how exactly the Google Family Library sharing of games will work?

I kid, I kid.
It's pretty irrelevant because it's only for paid apps, not IAPs. So a big impact on movies and paid apps, but negligable on F2P games. But also seems a bit pointless to me, as app prices are crazy low. Reduce income of an app to potentially less than 20% and the prices are going to have to go up, penalising those without families.

How is getting half of the gaming population (Android users) used to the notion of shared digital purchases irrelevant?
Because they don't make purchases to share. Not games anyway.

Guys remember when MS was going to do this and every one lost their collective shit online ?
Sony already did this with PS3, sharing with up to 5 devices. That was reduced to 2 because it was too extravagant, I guess. I think this Google thing is a little different as I'm guessing it's a fixed group of people and you can't chop and change so much? Haven't read the particulars.

But yeah, Sony already did game sharing an no-one was up in arms. MS's idea took it further but their lousy messaging made it sound like a shit idea (no reselling of games) so people complained about what they understood the plan to be. Would be good for consumers if MS tried again and actually managed to explain themselves coherently using a decent video explanation.

Last edited:
It's a bit silly to lament a game sharing policy MS never really had. By all reports since the Xbox One 180s they never codified anything internally and the idea they were working with was just time limited demos.

It's a bit silly to lament a game sharing policy MS never really had. By all reports since the Xbox One 180s they never codified anything internally and the idea they were working with was just time limited demos.
Isn't the day one patch for Xbox one was for removing the DRM they originally envision and replace it with the new ones after the whole mess?

Although I'm still glad that Microsoft choose to keep sticking with its true region free digital purchase. While sony keeps sticking with region locking digital purchases.

Although I'm still glad that Microsoft choose to keep sticking with its true region free digital purchase. While sony keeps sticking with region locking digital purchases.

In MS system, how do you choose which region of the game you want? I especially wanted Jap FFX for example....

In MS system, how do you choose which region of the game you want? I especially wanted Jap FFX for example....
You change your xbox language to jp and go to jp marketplace from PC (you need to manually change the region using the tiny text near the bottom of the page). There, the game should says that you already bought it (in Japanese).

Edit
:
Lost of games and it's languages http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=7862

Last edited:
Back