A comparison of motion blur implementations *spawn

Doom wins the MB crown for me.

pIefZq.png

jpAo1H.png

N9lea3.png

Doom does something to the visuals that makes it seem like cg at some points.

Doom wins the MB crown for me.

pIefZq.png

jpAo1H.png

N9lea3.png

Doom does something to the visuals that makes it seem like cg at some points.
That looks very cleanly applied indeed. Need to see this in motion, but I think it should do very good while playing the game. It doesn't surprise me anyways because of Tiago Sousa working on this game. He was working at Crytek.

But more importantly he is one of the co-creators of SMAA along with Echevarria, Gutierrez and Jorge Jimenez ...I know that those guys are also obsessed at minimizing unwanted blur in the final image, hence probably the reason they did SMAA. I had a short communication about that subject with Jorge Jimenez once. :yep2:

That looks very cleanly applied indeed. Need to see this in motion, but I think it should do very good while playing the game. It doesn't surprise me anyways because of Tiago Sousa working on this game. He was working at Crytek.

But more importantly he is one of the co-creators of SMAA along with Echevarria, Gutierrez and Jorge Jimenez ...I know that those guys are also obsessed at minimizing unwanted blur in the final image, hence probably the reason they did SMAA. I had a short communication about that subject with Jorge Jimenez once. :yep2:
That's awesome! I read some articles about Jimenez years ago. Impressive stuff. The Order 1886 also has really good mb.
theorder_1886_20160520ukf4.png

The quality of the per-object and screen blur in Doom (2016) is really consistent. It is extremely hard to find any sample edges in the blur or any artifacts from objects mooving in different directions right next to / on top of one another.
379720_201607220016547cbje.png

379720_20160722001659cgbix.png

Anybody know anything about Hatsune miku future tone motion blur?

It looks so smooth so CG-like.

It runs in 60 fps ps but still looks cinematic.

The first two songs are free on US and JP PSN. Dunno in other regions

Anybody know anything about Hatsune miku future tone motion blur?

It looks so smooth so CG-like.

It runs in 60 fps ps but still looks cinematic.

The first two songs are free on US and JP PSN. Dunno in other regions

I am watching footage on youtube of it running at 60fps and I am not seeing any per-object blur at least. Do you have some screens or footage which show it off?

it seems miku future tone use very basic image doubling but it looks soooo smooth in motion.
Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone.png

more screenshots:
Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_1.png Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_2.png Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_3.png Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_4.png Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_5.png Hatsune Miku_ Project DIVA Future Tone_6.png

I really like how even in this brief non-interactive setpiece moment that lasts few seconds, Spidey's eyes are well animated [squinting when diving under the desk, opening eyes wide during jump towards camera, etc].

Back