AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMDs goes to 4.9GBs.. And according to amd is 5 time faster than a 10k top tier pc available today. Really interesting.

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk

I guess that's one way to achieve a marketing win. RX480 now with 1002GB more memory than the competition.

Guessing this is more practical when paired with those Intel 3D XPoint drives. Regardless that's a huge workload that is only getting larger over time as capacities increase. Wonder if it's of any use to a database?

I don't understand the blue... I'm not an expert in marketing but I don't think a small company should take the color of a big company

I don't understand the blue... I'm not an expert in marketing but I don't think a small company should take the color of a big company

Intel is #0071c5
Radeon Pro is #0000ff

Those are like worlds apart, for illustration purposes, Intel on left, Radeon Pro on right:
intel-radeon-pro.png

The killer app of the Radeon Pro SSG is video editing, as evidenced by the Nuke support announcement. The market may be niche, but it also has deep pockets and may make it worth the R+D. The interesting technical choice is to using Polaris 10 as a host GPU instead of a much more capable FuryX, which is more powerful, physically smaller, and has faster RAM. Fury's RAM is limited to 4GB, though. However the key reason Polaris was chosen as host is simply FuryX's lack of DisplayPort 1.4 needed for >4K output.

That would be even more interesting with Intel's upcoming 3D XPoint based SSDs (6 GB/s per channel). I wonder how many channels they could put on a M.2 device? :D Granted, they'll also be hugely expensive and who know when 3D XPoint devices will enter the professional marketplace.

Then again, just 1 channel of 3D XPoint would be more bandwidth than a modern M.2 slot (PCIE x2 or x4) could handle. :p

Regards,
SB

Not that I could see. They only did a preview yet at computerbase.de
So, with their full review out, Computerbase.de has the following table for the clock rates of the Nitro+ in regular games in 1080p.
https://www.computerbase.de/2016-07...tro-oc-test/3/#abschnitt_taktraten_unter_last

Given the hopes and expecations, this must be a little disappointment to some. Maybe manual OC will yield stable 1400+ MHz.

Intel is #0071c5
Radeon Pro is #0000ff

Those are like worlds apart, for illustration purposes, Intel on left, Radeon Pro on right:
http://www.elisanet.fi/kaotik/img-ftp/intel-radeon-pro.png
Exposed to natural light, the right blue will eventually fade and look like the left one and there's nothing Intels lawyers can do about it. Good move!

So technically we can install games in the graphics card?
What was a recurrent tech support tale for giggles will now turn into reality. "Yes sir, you can install LoL in this graphics card."

Oh the world we live in :)

The killer app of the Radeon Pro SSG is video editing, as evidenced by the Nuke support announcement. The market may be niche, but it also has deep pockets and may make it worth the R+D. The interesting technical choice is to using Polaris 10 as a host GPU instead of a much more capable FuryX, which is more powerful, physically smaller, and has faster RAM. Fury's RAM is limited to 4GB, though. However the key reason Polaris was chosen as host is simply FuryX's lack of DisplayPort 1.4 needed for >4K output.

Video editing ? ... Me i see VFX at 8K and 16K and 3D raytracing with scanned photogrammetry 32K textures ( dont know if this allready exist, we was limited to 24K ) become a norm in 3D professional work ...

After years of listen: can it run Crysis ? , now we could hear, but can i install Crysis in it ?
( this was a selfpromoted message from Crytek )

Last edited:
Exposed to natural light, the right blue will eventually fade and look like the left one and there's nothing Intels lawyers can do about it. Good move!
That's gonna be an issue though, as AMD specifically mentioned it's YInMn Blue, which doesn't fade, but I bet they're not going to coat all the marketing materials and what not with it

I dont think it would be good for a small company that is looking to enforce its image to look like its competition...(not directly I know but look at this:

W-intel-xeon-phi_tcm21-395006.png

AMD-Radeon-Pro-WX-635x357.png

Since when Raja works in Intel? :v )

Do you understand that we are not robot looking for codes of color and people would actually refer it as blue? because..well...its blue...may have a different code in photoshop but that doesn't matter in peoples brain.

Do you understand that we are not robot looking for codes of color and people would actually refer it as blue? because..well...its blue...may have a different code in photoshop but that doesn't matter in peoples brain.
Have you ever talked with a woman about colours? Trust me, you're not going to win those arguments (yes I know I said discuss) with just red, green and blue :runaway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back