No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

To me this game looks like the worst of everything. A single player game with zero actual/interesting content. Empty worlds with nothing really worthwhile there. I think it looks terrible as well. I don't see anything good in this. Sorry.

Yeah, I kinda agree...it looks like a MMO, without the MM.

Still, I hope that the game looks good. It surely has great potential but the real question is if besides the very cool tec, there is also a very cool game?!

Maybe I just buy it because of the superformula! I always thought you cannot patent an algorithm and or an equation/formula!

You can't patent a formula but you can patent certain implementations of that formula. Maybe. It all heads off to the land of legal gubbins, where normal people fear to tread.

To me this game looks like the worst of everything. A single player game with zero actual/interesting content. Empty worlds with nothing really worthwhile there. I think it looks terrible as well. I don't see anything good in this. Sorry.

Yeah, it's like that other game...what is it...minecraft ;)

I'm really torn, it reminds me of Elite - let's face it, that could look like the most boring game ever - but as Ian Bell once said "Once you simulate a place which is fun to exist, you can let the player exist and it'll be fun" - maybe it will be fun, only time will tell :)

Minecraft is a success because you can build. If Minecraft didn't have the mining and crafting, and was just jumping around ugly blocks, I don't think MS would have paid billions for it (not least because it'd have no name)...

Yeah, but essentially in minecraft you mine minerals which you then use to upgrade your toolset (as well as build). In this you seem to mine minerals to upgrade weapons and ships. It's not totally different is all I'm saying, and in this game you get to fly ships and change the environment/world (in minecraft it's always very similar looking).

Just saying there's potential for it to be popular.

I disagree. In Minecraft it's the Lego-like building that's popular as I understand it. It's the creative aspect. It's creative enough to appeal, yet simple enough not to scare people away. NMS has no creativity, only survival gameplay. If you built your own town, it'd be able to look to Minecraft as an indicator of potential.

Yeah, it's like that other game...what is it...minecraft ;)

I'm really torn, it reminds me of Elite - let's face it, that could look like the most boring game ever - but as Ian Bell once said "Once you simulate a place which is fun to exist, you can let the player exist and it'll be fun" - maybe it will be fun, only time will tell :)
There is a large Multiplayer aspect to minecraft as well. You can join servers with your friends.

From all accounts on NMS if myself and 5 friends get it, we will not be able to meet up. Assuming all I did was dedicate to meeting up with friends I am not sure if there is value to meet up. Going to have to wait to see how this one plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Probably their biggest mistake is making everyone a loner. Should be able to explore as a group. If it were me, I'd have encounters scale, or at least randomly require larger teams to deal with. That'd encourage sociable interactions like random teaming ups with random people. I think the scope may be imbalanced for the best possible game, and actually better limits are needed. My gut feeling is it'll end up with a niche of hard-core players and we'll get the sporadic EG article about how some player has gotten however close to the galactic core.

There is a large Multiplayer aspect to minecraft as well. You can join servers with your friends.

It's nothing like Minecraft, its more like Tomb Raider. Explore, gather resources, level up and move on. The goal is to get to the core. It's not a building game.

To me it looks like Elite Lite with greatly expanded planetary exploration. Land, mine, explore planets (and space), trade and fight but without the stuff they've jammed into Elite Dangerous that some things more of a chore.

This hugely appeals to me as I've been looking for a modern Elite since the first game was released on the C64 and Elite Dangerous isn't it. I've no doubt I'll get a ton of short-to-medium term fun out of it the question for me is the long term appeal. I do think the appeal of exploring planets will fade fast but I do hope that there is a way the ship's sensor can identify interesting (i.e. very different) planets from afar so that the unusual ones aren't overlooked. As long as the space trading and combat is solid, that'll hold me.

The game is a SP game. I remember someone saying that 3ven if u do end up encountering someone , he won't have a name or gamer tag over him and the only way to know would be the distinct spacesuit.

It's a SP survival game, much like Don't Starve or others. Except that it has a full economy and factions you can tie up with, war against and lore to all the multiple races . It's a much more expanded and diversified survival game which let's u survive in any way u want , by which just mean it's not all about crafting/farming, u could live by fighting/theiving/exploring too. You can earn money the way u want and do what u find fun.

It's open ended for sure and I will be very happy if a game does not ask me to go on fetch quests for a while and let's me have fun in a systemic place whose innards u can decipher and then conquer. My only concern is if the game hasn't been tested enough we might have a "earn 18 quitillion money in 5 minutes" glitches too soon which can turn it into a no-game for many. I will just stay away from videos.

As for MP, I am later they could technically declare a specific area as MP zone and ppl who enter there could do stuff in different MP modes maybe. Once the universe is fixed and out there, they could do weird stuff. I want to be in before that happens and the game loses its original essence. Is till remember the cool creatures and lore stuff they showed in original trailers and THAT is my game ! Can't wait to go exploring all that and finding warp gates and what not !!!! :cool:

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

To me it looks like Elite Lite with greatly expanded planetary exploration. Land, mine, explore planets (and space), trade and fight but without the stuff they've jammed into Elite Dangerous that some things more of a chore.

This hugely appeals to me as I've been looking for a modern Elite since the first game was released on the C64 and Elite Dangerous isn't it. I've no doubt I'll get a ton of short-to-medium term fun out of it the question for me is the long term appeal. I do think the appeal of exploring planets will fade fast but I do hope that there is a way the ship's sensor can identify interesting (i.e. very different) planets from afar so that the unusual ones aren't overlooked. As long as the space trading and combat is solid, that'll hold me.
I know little of the game still. Real question, I've been under the assumption the other ships and trading were with other players. Now that I'm seeing it's not who/what is this the Neutral NPC faction that everyone is both battling and trading with ?

I know little of the game still. Real question, I've been under the assumption the other ships and trading were with other players. Now that I'm seeing it's not who/what is this the Neutral NPC faction that everyone is both battling and trading with ?

There are multiple npc factions and alien races with their own lore. You can forge alliances with them or take some of them on as u find profitable or wish. There are trade routes u can ply on plunder. Heard they had hired two science fiction writers for all that.
Then there are the guardian sentinels who guard the planets.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

If you look at some of the videos that people have posted they will answer some of your questions. Much of the game has yet to be revealed but almost everybody you see in game will be an AI NPC. As others have said, this is not a multiplayer game. While it's possible to run into other people the randomised starting points and vastness of the universe means it's highly unlikely for two or more people to be in the same place at the same time.

If encountering other people is so rare, why not make it a solo game with no need for an internet connection? There must be some intention for other-player interaction, maybe further in and nearer the core? Otherwise Hello Games have made life unnecessarily complex for themselves.

Back