Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

IB is such a good source of 334-335 gear. I've gotten five Weyloran's, 3 Nerwin's, a few gauntlets, a few greaves and a helm from the package. Now I have 3 great Nerwin's rolls including the vendor one.

IB is such a good source of 334-335 gear. I've gotten five Weyloran's, 3 Nerwin's, a few gauntlets, a few greaves and a helm from the package. Now I have 3 great Nerwin's rolls including the vendor one.

For me CoE is the best source. With ib I cam play for hours and got nothing to increase the light level. With CoE, it tale much less time.

But the only surefire way is oryx.

IB gives a reward every four games on average. COE is good for a single gun in about 30 min, but the armor takes twice that and you can't use match making.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Especially for 335 primaries which for me are one of the rarest.

Man, the new super annoying thing in this game is 334 drops. I dont know why I hate them since supposedly being 334 vs 335 makes no difference (does it even in IB?), but, it just bugs me. 334 stuff is like a slap in the face. It doesn't help on my hunter I swear 90% of drops are 334 when it shouild be 50/50 (My Titan was getting almost all 335 drops, but recently broke the 334 ice and I fear for the future).

Titan has like a 1.2+ k/d, which is cool. I'm screwing around with the vendor Weylorans. I suck hitting head shots, so low impact snipers tend to not be my thing, but I havent been doing awful with it. It's fun to just goof off with different stuff.

I think next I'll go back to raid sniper, it hits a little harder than weylorans but can hold 12 on spawn with double sniper perks. Not sure about Weylorans.

It would be fun to do universal remote+sniper, NLB+shotgun, weird loadouts like that, but so far I'm not brave enough yet.

The only non blue helm on my Titan I have is the Taikonaut. but as soon as I hit rk3 crucible (1 more match) I'm going to buy Shaxx's legendary helmet, double whammy, it will finally push me to tier 5/5, and then I can equip my Armamentarium, which I'm excited about. Grenades for days.

Use Universal Remote + NBP for ultimate cheese. I stay away from the common min/max stuff. When everyone does it, I switch to something else. I can't stand all the me-too people in Destiny. I never use a sniper in PvP. I know they work, but they ruin the game IMO.

Use Universal Remote + NBP for ultimate cheese. I stay away from the common min/max stuff. When everyone does it, I switch to something else. I can't stand all the me-too people in Destiny. I never use a sniper in PvP. I know they work, but they ruin the game IMO.

I like to use vision of confluence for pvp :D

Still as good as I remembered.

Too bad I no longer can use vex mythoclast because it is a horrible weapon right now. Too many recoil and bullet deviations. Too little ammo.

Vision is a 48/37 scout...I dunno, I find those passable but not really "good" in PVP...

While ranking up my Titan I joined some crucible games with a green scout, I did surprisingly ok with it then noticed it was critting for 57...in other words it's a Mida archetype! I locked it and saved it to try again some day...

I really wish Bungie had put some legendary Mida archetype scouts in year 2. as it is I feel like Mida is the only truly competitive scout and as a scout lover it kinda sucks, and also I wouldn't mind being able to use an exotic heavy or special (although there isn't much compelling there).

One thing I discovered on my Titan...yr2 Armamentarium has +heavy and special (+heavy/special gives a much larger inventory bonus than +rocket, sniper etc)! This is kinda huge! All this time I thought only yr1 light level exotic chests on Warlocks and Titans had that. It has a major effect because now I dont have to choose (ruling out Truth, see above) between picking up 3 or using a great launcher. Now I can do both. My JLB 47 with sick stats can now pick up 3 instead of 2. It figures Bungie would screw Hunters this way as always (hunters have no chest with +heavy/special). Not too mention as best i can tell Armamentarium is the best Crucible Titan exotic anyway (maybe Twilight Garrison which I dont have yet being competition) so you'd use it anyway.

JLB 47 only holds two in the chamber though so it's not a panacea...so far I dont get around to actually using the third rocket half the time.

I had taken to using JLB 47 over the IB vendor Tormonds Bellows anyway. Although Tormonds is the best legendary that can hold 3, it's a bit weak in the blast radius area. I had found that two more effective rockets was possibly better. I got more multi kills with JLB too, meaning two rockets could often kill as many or more than 3 from Tormonds.

I need to actually run Crota again, I read somewhere it gives you a couple grimoire you can no longer get anywhere else (it just randomly gives them to you when you beat Crota, I guess, Bungie's way of allowing people to pick up otherwise unobtainable grimoire). Last night I checked LFG, granted I think it was like 2AM, and didn't see a single person running Crota. This could be a problem...I'll try again in prime time.

This is kinda interesting site, can compare up to 3 players stats in crucible visually

https://destiny-data.herokuapp.com/#/?_k=g69zyk

As I would have expected, it seems I skew really heavy to my primary. There's times I dont use my secondary for so long I might as well forget I have it. My stats are

51% primary kills (very high, completely unsurprising to me)
18% super (this seems normal to high, arc blade doin work)
12% secondary (surprised it is this high)
9% heavy
6% grenade (I would assume I rank well here, skips doin work, but I dont seem to be out of the ordinary)
4% melee (this is fairly low to normal I think, close quarters isn't my thing)

If there's one thing that's always been the closest thing I have to a "skill" in crucible, it's winning a mid to mid long primary vs primary engagement. Even in pulse era, I raked with Nerwins. I've never clearly taken to any secondary. In concept I feel like I'd fit in perfect with sidearms, to go with my Mida for close range, I just feel like the reality of sidearms doesn't match the idea of them, they're not good enough. They aren't better enough in close range than simply another primary IMO. Such that if somebody gets the drop on you, or just lands the first shot, with a regular primary and you have a sidearm up close, you're going to lose anyway.

Vision is a 48/37 scout...I dunno, I find those passable but not really "good" in PVP...

What's that?

I play destiny by feeling not by stats, so Pardon my confusion.

It's also why I really hate bungie keeps messing around with how the weapons feels.

Vex mytho is the worse. It have so many feels that keeps changing depending bungie's horoscopes or something. What we have right now is one the of the worst.

This is kinda interesting site, can compare up to 3 players stats in crucible visually

https://destiny-data.herokuapp.com/#/?_k=g69zyk
Neat site. Interesting, the guys I play crucible with most often have very similar stats to mine. Maybe because we always ran Trials together. But all 3 of us are:
~40% primary
~24% special

As for my other stats:
11% super
10% heavy
9% melee
7% grenade

64% hand cannon
23% auto rifle
12% pulse rifle
1% scout rifle

59% shotgun (I used to be a shotgun warrior in year 1 when I played the most crucible)
40% sniper (what I mainly used in year 2)
fusion/sidearm make up the rest of the 1% lol

Last edited:
What's that?

I play destiny by feeling not by stats, so Pardon my confusion.

It's also why I really hate bungie keeps messing around with how the weapons feels.

Vex mytho is the worse. It have so many feels that keeps changing depending bungie's horoscopes or something. What we have right now is one the of the worst.

It's just that Vision archetype of ROF/Impact. If you see a scout criting for 61 in standard crucible, it's in that class. Then there's the fast firing ones like Dis 47 (cant remember the crit, but obviously less), and the slow firing ones like Last Extremity (crit for 73). Then there's Mida, kinda by itself in year 2, although there used to be others in that class. They crit for 57.

They're great for PVE and OK in PVP IMO.

Neat site.

Ooh, I didn't even realize it breaks it down by archetype. Here's my stats.
Primaries:
Scouts 86%
Pulse 12%
Hand Cannon 1%
Auto Rifle 1%

Yep, as expected. I've never run AR/HC really. During the pulse meta I ran Red Death/Nerwins/PDX/Hawksaw like everybody, and I like pulses they're second to scouts in range.

Secondary:
60% Sniper
35% Shotgun
4% Fusion rifle
1% Sidearm

Heavy:
51% Rocket Launcher
48% Machine Gun
1% Sword

I only ran sword to do that quest...nowdays I run RL pretty exclusively. I feel like it's the better option, I did have a long stint using machine guns.

I tried a sidearm again tonight, I literally had one encounter with it, got summarily shredded, and said screw this. They kick too much as well, man they climb fast. I might try a Fusion again. I'm going for salvage grimoire and I feel like something to defend the base would be good, but shotguns are too close.

Also maybe FINALLY found a pulse I can live with, got a Hawksaw where the perks work out to it have like 63 range, 72 stability. Before I never had more than like maybe 50 ish range at best I think, that's counting some amount for rangefinder, and like 90+stability. Well that high range really seems to do the trick for me, I had the scale weighted too much for stability and not enough for range, especially for my playstyle. I might finally have a primary besides Mida that I dont totally suck with.

Last edited:
I may be a little burned out on Destiny, but I gotta admit Rise of Iron looks neato. Mainly because they chose, snow, wolves, and open area. They even say the raid will feature open environments. The colors look excellent too. Apparently now you can basically get skins for your guns too. The black suros pulse rifle in one of the vids looks so cool.

New stuff in Destiny is always a weird initial kick, since you play the old stuff so damn much it gets burned into your brain.

About artifacts. and agree this time the colour schemes, the theme is much more inviting than Taken King. Even if i won't be raiding and all, I want to go around these places doing bounties. I wish the story missions hadf matchmaking for normal play too, my group has moved ona dn don't think they will return for RoI and playing the story missions alone is just not that fun. Thats the reason my hunter isn't level 40 till now.

I fear I won't be coming back to Destiny, at least until they bite the bullet and allow team matching for raids.
The gameplay is definitely fun, but content is lacking and they stretch what they have too much imho

The artifact abilities...I feel like some of those are naturally going to be unbalanced. And we will suffer until Bungie patches. Which it often takes them forever.

I've been going for salvage grimoire. Still a horrendous win rate for whatever combination of reasons. Probably win 3/10 matches, have 1000 Elo (my Elo is over 1300 in clash). It's hugely frustrating.

The hardest grimoire will probably be rumble.

I've been switching between Mida, Dis 43, and Vendor Saw. It's fun to have some variety, and I can be ok with all but Mida is best. I try to use 43 on long maps (sometimes) and Saw on mid/short maps.

43 is so slow, I dont know why it even feels like you walk and run way slower. I know you should walk slower than with Mida I guess, but the same should be true of Saw. Saw is actually pretty slow with time to kill IMO, unless you hit all head shots, but it's snappy to raise and lower and you can get some body shots on moving targets pretty easy, it suits an active playstyle which I submit is why streamers like it.

I still dont use any AR or HC though.

Last edited:
Back