Nintendo announce: Nintendo NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... is it just Wii hardware running the Virtual Console and made to support classic NES gamepads & hdmi? :oops:

Last edited:
17e8x9.jpg

Name is still subject to change I assume but "Project Sonic 2017" says it will release for the NX:

http://i.imgur.com/Tsz5GSz.png

1:16 if it doesn't work

Don't know about you but I like the name and logo. Minimal, clean, probably my favourite out of all presented there. Small chance but maybe they're going with it?

Last edited:
Might be a past and "current" one? Think I saw something like that before but I quickly glossed over

*Yeah in generations there was a present and past ("classic") Sonic and they teamed up

My prediction. NX console SOC will be the binned mobile chip. Console will be clocked twice as high with all cores active. Handheld will have half of the cores active. They can have close to 100% yield on the wafers.

Same memory type, LPPD4, but console will have faster and at twice as more.

Name is still subject to change I assume but "Project Sonic 2017" says it will release for the NX:

http://i.imgur.com/Tsz5GSz.png

1:16 if it doesn't work

Don't know about you but I like the name and logo. Minimal, clean, probably my favourite out of all presented there. Small chance but maybe they're going with it?

Hmm I prefer the fun and whimsical crisis in Mario series than this overly serious and brown sonic

Last edited:
I still cant understand why nintendo would end their relationship with amd for nvidia. A company that has burned bridges with ms and sony.

Not only that, why wouldnt they just grab off the shelf amd apus.

The x1 is powerful for sure but its limited in a home console formfactor

A tegra chip being confirmed means this will be Nintendo's historical departure from the Silicon Graphics -> ArtX -> ATi -> AMD team that has designed their home console GPUs for over 20 years.

Of course if this is a 100% portable console, then the handheld division is probably calling the shots, and those have always been open to other (insanely weird IMHO) options.

Not only that, why wouldnt they just grab off the shelf amd apus.
What off-the-shelf APU is good for a few watts handheld? This is a handheld (mobile) gaming device with TV out. AMD don't offer anything in that sector.

A tegra chip being confirmed means this will be Nintendo's historical departure from the Silicon Graphics -> ArtX -> ATi -> AMD team that has designed their home console GPUs for over 20 years.
Again, not a home console. It's a handheld requiring a handheld solution.

Bets on parker or erista? There was a thing not too long ago about Nvidia where the message was essentially"desperate to get a console win"

Found it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203563215#post203563215

"Though Nvidia downplayed console margins, their pride was hurt by the loss in console contracts. All the talk about "focusing on Shield" was a cover for the fact that MS and Sony had soured on them and would not enter negotiations."

"Nvidia team was told to get a console win or "go home." Enter Nintendo, who apparently made off very well in this deal. This to the point that SemiAccurate questions whether this is a "win" at all for Nvidia."

"SA has heard that Nvidia are promising software, support, and the whole shebang at a very low cost. According to one source, Nvidia may even be taking a loss on this deal. (Take the second sentence here with an extra portion of salt)"

Most were very sceptical about that (myself included), seemed a bit far fetched but maybe it had a bit of basis

Nintendo would be dumb to go for nVidia, no company who dealt with NV ever did it twice sofar... (MS, Sony)
If correct I'm disappointed, PowerVR Wizard would have been a much better choice. :p

That console could be interesting. The opposite of the Wii U gamepad... mmh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back