No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

Hm...is it any good after all? I am curious about the reviews...
I believe the game delivers what it promises but the ppl are expecting something totally else! That is its downfall. The game is a "play your game " framework for ur space dreams. From what has been shown it will deliver. But you will have to role play yourself and create your own thrills when u want. The tech is simplified yet promise is expansive from what I see. I can clearly see it as my very first space cowboy movie where I can chill when I want and look for thrills when I want. like the good old days if you can let your imagination fill in where it doesn't provide due to its procedural nature then u do have a fantasy ready for taking.
Just don't look for Uncharted or fallout in there. Look for No Mans Sky and it's there whether u want to claim a planet or look for a travellers/explorer's adventure with yourself.

I am sure it will take extensive play when it releases to see what it provides. It's a story making tool from what I see ! It's a game you play yourself . I don't see a LOT of players who can do that or are expecting that. That is where the caveat lies.

SO can't wait for this !!! :love:
Now I am totally confused between getting this for PC or th ePS4. I somehow enjoy everyihtng more on the ps4, but I have seen aliasing in all these ps4 trialers and my pc can get prefect IQ. I can overlook that too.....but the draw distance....does anyone know if the draw distance will increase on the PC (which Sean says is not LOD as world is generated uptill a distance from the camera, kindof like LOD anyway as it is to reduce load) ??? Cos steam page says the requirement is a Intel Core i3 processor , which isn't much at all !
Is the draw distance fixed for the game or can it be increased on the PC?

I'd be surprised if the PC version on hardware with more equivalent grunt than the PS4 isn't rendering further and/or faster - on some videos you can see the generation in the distance. They would have had to consciously engineered their engine, such as setting an artificially limited horizon, to combat these aspects and there doesn't seem much point.

I'm more concerned with how loud my PS4 will be.

Already ordered high performance thermal pads to replace the ram chips thermal pads but it hasn't arrived yet :(

Germany to Indonesia they say could took a month. Ugh

The only thing I am concerned about this game is aliasing on PS4. Everything else is fine.

Look at the Ingame spaceship HUD in these footages, especially the trading ones. Aliasing makes the realtime info on that unclear. That real HUD in the ship is so cool, I would want that clear !

If only Sean can confirm that we can transfer our saves to PC at a later date, when the time of the ps4 is over. Then it would ease all confusion. This is something where I would want my save game stays with me as I return to it over years.

Eurogamer covered this, and there's debate in the comments about whether the patent is still valid. Also, the initial reveal in Dutch was from a tabloid apparently making bigger of it than reality. Regardless, the Superformula wasn't "stolen" - it's a concept released into the public knowledge like many formulae and algorithms used in computing. Hello Games put it into action, possibly without knowing it was patented, possibly knowing it was and deliberately using it anyway without contacting the patent holders. I know which I think more likely. ;)

This patent does seem quite surprising as in most patent law there a principle that you cannot patent something that you discovered but did not create. For example, MPEG-2/MP3/MPEG-4 formulas are patentable because they were created to solve solve specific problems, but a formula that happens to describe natural shapes, is that created or discovered? It's an interesting one. :yep2:

This patent does seem quite surprising as in most patent law there a principle that you cannot patent something that you discovered but did not create. For example, MPEG-2/MP3/MPEG-4 formulas are patentable because they were created to solve solve specific problems, but a formula that happens to describe natural shapes, is that created or discovered? It's an interesting one. :yep2:

This article might help clarify:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...ential-patent-fight-over-use-of-superformula/

And so it ends well for all it seems, as a little later he tweets this: "wish Johan Gielis, the author, all the best in future. We're going to meet and chat maths once the game is out"

Now I am totally confused between getting this for PC or th ePS4.

I'm still totally confused about this game. I kinda like the concept - I love Elite (well the original) but I don't have the time to get into the new Elite - it's just overly complicated for someone like me and requires too much time...and this looks like it'll need too much time too :(

The kids will likely get me to buy it and I'll end up getting frustrated as I watch them play wanting to play myself but not having the time or ability to understand all the little things you can do.

Do we know anything about framerate in PS4 version?

Reportedly 60 frames per second. Rumors are only 50% of those frames are original, and the other 50% may be stolen. Hello Games has yet to comment, which is highly suspicious. If someone gets an injunction against them, we could end up with a 30 frame per second game until the courts sort the other 30.

Last edited:
Reportedly 60 frames per second. Rumors are only 50% of those frames are original, and the other 50% may be stolen. Hello Games has yet to comment, which is highly suspicious. If someone gets an injunction against them, we could end up with a 30 frame per second game until the courts sort the other 30.

joking aside, I hope that's the case because this art style begs for 60fps

My greatest fears for this game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1252422

I'm not so sure about not running into people. I agree that when you do meet another player it will feel amazing. I'm just not so sure how long players can go on with 0 interactivity. It's got to be 1 hell of a single player game.

Nothing new there except no PSN+ needed. It was never a multiplayer game.

Back