Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Has there been any more word on the next round of pre-order availability for PSVR? Or did I miss my opportunity for an October pickup?

PSVR demos coming to Best Buy and Gamestop starting this Friday:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/
So just wanted to follow up on this, tried all the demo's they had and overall was very impressed. I probably like the London Heist most because of the move controllers, it just adds another level of interaction.... Also really like the gameplay with the tank game. I'm ready for the next round of demo's though so will keep my eyes open for any news on that..

Has there been any more word on the next round of pre-order availability for PSVR? Or did I miss my opportunity for an October pickup?
No they said it was the last round before October. They seem conservative with preorders so that means they will have stock in store at launch.

Once in a while there should still be a few available again because some people cancel their preorders. There were some of those "blips" of availability with PS4/XB1 on amazon before launch.

I have a fool proof plan: spread crazy rumors against PSVR, then sensitive gamers will cancel their preorder in a public display of outrage, and you jump on amazon to steal their preorder before they figure out what happened!

Saw this on GAF, has this been posted? It's a great video with 'hands on' the actual head-set and mini-PS4, it's in French but the video is really helpful in understanding how it will all work.

Only 2 1/2 months now...:)

damn all thoses cables... ah anyway i won't see them while playing.

example-cable-mess.jpg

Tldw for the video

Look how easy it is to slide forward and backward the screen.
Look how soft it is the foams
Look how rubbery is the flaps. Wrwrwrwrwr.
Look how many cables it is.
Hey I can slide the mini ps4 back and forth like this. Clack Clack lack.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06...uration-of-experience-and-marketing-strategy/

Oh? Different wording compared to last year: the vast majority of games will be made for DS4 (which he said is a very important factor), some will be enhanced for, or require Move. I guess some indies making Vive ports will want the ability to require two hands operation.

* Raises Hand *

We're bringing HoloBall to PSVR, and will only support PSMove. Can confirm that this is totally cool from Sony's perspective.

For Psvr, Sony has put lots of guidelines to work around the weakness. Some developers also did something themselves to work around the weakness, like ubisoft with eagle flight (virtual nose + lower fov).

Ya they have, their docs on this are excellent. Unfortunately, the major studios seem to be ignoring it all. It was pretty disappointing to see how many PSVR games at E3 induced motion sickness. I can't really believe they're going with a gamepad style navigation for Resident Evil. Its going to give so many people cold sweats and queasy bellies, and really put a black mark on the word of mouth effect. VR sickness is the worst. It can fuck you up for hours afterwards.

I have a bit of the flu this week, so was already feeling a bit sick in the stomach... I made the mistake of testing a game that induced motion sickness, wow talk about a double whammy. After about 10 minutes I was sweating, and had to sit down, and slow-breath, just to avoid puking.

Probably a good thing that the Vive has ended up being the flag bearer for VR demonstrations in the ~6 month lead-up before PSVR launch. Having pretty well all of the VR content there with 1:1 natural locomotion has done a lot more than Sony or Oculus could have done to steer the public conversation away from the concern over nausea.

Can you elaborate on why you chose Move and in you experience has Move shown itself to be a competent technology for VR?
Almost everyone who tried London Heist did not have any issues with Moves. The tech works great, but it is limited by a single camera that tracks it [which we already knew].

It uses PS4 camera which is a single unit with stereo cameras. It can see stereo distance, but has limited FOV versus something like Vive's lighthouses placed in the room corners.

So far it hasn't needed to use both cameras. With the Move controller, it just looks at the size of the orb to determine distance. Instead the second camera has been used to make photos, greatly improving over the PS3 setup, where the same camera would need to be optimised for using contrast to track the orb versus taking shots of the player. The same can be done with PSVR. However, it is possible to use both camera's for better accuracy if Sony feels they need it more than being able to take shots / footage of the player ...

My whole point was Move works well enough, Eastman raised questions (fud) about the competency of the tech a while back citing one source when we have had countless user impressions which have been positive. That isn't to say we haven't seen bad implementations but that is most likely due to the stage of development rather than an inherent flaw with the tech.

Back