Gaming News Journalists are the *spawns of Satan

Yes, in the Ingress game the only people who were banned are those obviously cheating through multiple accounts, using GPS spoofing, threatening members of the other team in person, or publicly posting private information of others. Anyone who tells you otherwise is covering up their cheating.

The trouble with Gaming News Journalists is once they get something buzzing in their ear, likely by other gaming news journalists, they can't let it go. It becomes a huge echo chamber, often times with them feeding each other. Sometimes the typical news sites get caught in the crossfire and can't tell if it's legit tidbit or if it's echo-fodder.

Basically describes the last two and half years for MS. It's so ironic. They couldn't get truthful news that was positive through the gaming news filter. And now there's sluggishness to follow up with the necessary correction for something that's very misleading. They have to do it themselves.

With gaming news there's so very little fact-checking and proof-reading going on in the first place. We've all seen alot of insane articles slip through the cracks. Instead there's a host of assumptions made about the truth-worthiness of rumors coming from insiders. What's laughable about that is the only penalty these insiders will ever suffer for making untruthful and potentially damaging claims is being temporarily banned from posting. The thing is that MS, Sony and Nintendo usually don't act on what's being said about them until it becomes a PR problem.

It's only then that an official tweet or interview quotation is forced out to set the record straight. Until then everyone just acts like readers know better. lol

Aargh someone put a link to Polygon in this thread.
Shouldn't people know that linking or referring to Polygon frequently results in the deaths of 3-5 baby dolphins due to a predicted loss of human brain mass responsible for cognitive functions upon reading the content?

Don't link to Polygon people. Think of those poor baby dolphins...

Eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-07-pokemon-go-users-deleting-app-after-ban-rumour-begins

"For what it's worth, one Reddit user claimed to have had a bad experience with Pokémon GO developer Niantic after they were banned from the studio's previous game Ingress for doing something similar:"

Oh, something similar to sideloading? WHat is it? tell me

"Niantic used to ban people for drift hacking, and it would be a shame to find many new trainers suddenly being banned. The process to get unbanned is long and arduous, and it's not worth it."

O_O
sorry, but... What? That doesn't have anything to do with sideloading. That's a blatant cheating.

===============

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-how-to-get-pokemon-go-now-even-in-the-uk

"Visit the APK file link here from your Android and hit download - you may be asked about installing files not from your app store, but this is fine."

That is... really unresponsible!
What's irresponsible about it? Just curious... I have many people in my circle playing Pokémon GO in Europe now, and it seems to be working fine.

What's irresponsible about it? Just curious... I have many people in my circle playing Pokémon GO in Europe now, and it seems to be working fine.

Android have no protection* from malicious app that people install from outside of playstore.

Telling people to enable unknown source. Then not telling the risk. Then not telling them to Disable it again is irresponsible.

*they actually do, but those protection basically useless due to human nature.

Using non-app store sources means allowing an open App market. You have to enable outside apok sources to use Amazon's App Store, for example. That also means you aren't tied to one particular marketplace, unlike Apple.

Android have no protection* from malicious app that people install from outside of playstore.

Telling people to enable unknown source. Then not telling the risk. Then not telling them to Disable it again is irresponsible.

*they actually do, but those protection basically useless due to human nature.

They are not your parents ;) , but for a 3rd party host apkmirror seems fine. Makes users provide details before uploading and checks the hash for the file against the official store one to be sure it's not tampered with.

For simple geo store avoidance I think it's about as safe as you can have but knowing that makes me feel safe, I do wonder how many blindly click unknowingly. But freedom comes with the ability to balls things up unfortunately.

What's irresponsible about it? Just curious...
They're casually telling people to download the app from an unauthorized source, without any warnings, without explaining the possible dangers, and with no way of knowing what exactly it is people are installing on their phones. Pokemon Go has already been found in the wild with (Lol: Android) malware included in the bundle, so there's absolutely dangers with doing this.

"But it's a reputable app marketplace!"

Even they can get hacked and have files replaced. Not inconcievable, with a mega popular game such as this one.

They are not your parents ;) , but for a 3rd party host apkmirror seems fine. Makes users provide details before uploading and checks the hash for the file against the official store one to be sure it's not tampered with.

For simple geo store avoidance I think it's about as safe as you can have but knowing that makes me feel safe, I do wonder how many blindly click unknowingly. But freedom comes with the ability to balls things up unfortunately.

Hey, you don't see the mass media telling people how to sleep while driving Tesla in auto mode without a bunch of warnings of the risks.

I actually know some XboxOne fans who really believe this crap and are planning to buy the XboxOne S and I'm sure they will tell me how everything "seems to load faster" kinda like they said same when Xbox360 slim came out years ago.

I actually know some XboxOne fans who really believe this crap and are planning to buy the XboxOne S and I'm sure they will tell me how everything "seems to load faster" kinda like they said same when Xbox360 slim came out years ago.
Which could be true if they only use the internal hdd. They could be going from a single platter 500gb hdd to a 2tb hdd that could possibly have higher density storage leading to quicker access.

Back