Overwatch [PC] Blizzard

What does this mean for Soldier 76:
  • Spread recovery will begin after a short delay (rather than instantly)
Does it mean: you cannot use short bursts to maintain the accuracy while shooting enemies in the distance? This seems to be quite a strong nerf to my main :(

Holy shit about Zenyatta buff! 200 HP with 150 shield, i.e. regenerating. This is an immense buff imo. Good Zenyatta players already were a pain to deal with because of the shield and their extreme damage output...I think I need to try him out once the patch hits consoles.

Last edited:
The way I understand it most players should not see any difference in Soldier 76. The change should stop people being able to use a macro to basically have full auto with no spread.

I think Lucio's ultimate is classed as a shield, so if the grenade impairs healing it shouldn't affect it.

Overtime was changed because it favoured the side who spawned closer too much, also the value of those tense moments is not quite as high if they happen too frequently.

Personally I'm not so happy with the removal of hero stacking. I'm part of the group who thinks that cheese is a legitimate strategy and makes the game more fun and interesting. The problem with it was a lack of scouting opportunity. I would have liked to see them address that somehow rather than just take it out of the game completely.

Last edited:
PSN down. Meh. OW needs to be logged in even to do the training.

Always internet on my ass!

PS: can't wait for scorpio, such that I don't have to deal with shitty online Sony.

PPS: or should I go PC again :oops:

Can't wait to see Ana's ulti on a character like Winston or Genji, especially if they have their ultis ready.
Could be also fun with Pharah. She'd become quite a menace when weapons do only half damage to her and her weapon does +50% extra damage to enemies. 180 damage rockets... Rocket barrage would be deadly :)

I wonder if that speed boost affects air movement (and special movement abilities such as jump jets).

Personally I'm not so happy with the removal of hero stacking. I'm part of the group who thinks that cheese is a legitimate strategy and makes the game more fun and interesting. The problem with it was a lack of scouting opportunity. I would have liked to see them address that somehow rather than just take it out of the game completely.
Some characters benefit more from stacking. They had to nerf characters such as D.Va and Torbjörn. I am glad that they could buff D.Va now that stacking is gone. Hopefully Torbjörn nerf is also removed from the consoles. I would have preferred to have limit of 2 per character. Now random pairing has exploit cases. A super bad Lucio or Reinhardt for example can ruin the team, because nobody else can pick them and do their job properly.

Could be also fun with Pharah. She'd become quite a menace when weapons do only half damage to her and her weapon does +50% extra damage to enemies. 180 damage rockets... Rocket barrage would be deadly :)

I wonder if that speed boost affects air movement (and special movement abilities such as jump jets).

True. Her ulti is fairly easy to shut down, but maybe not with the damage resistance from Ana.

Yeah, could convince my buddy to a) buy a PS4 and b) buy PS+ and c) buy OW :cool:
Had our first practise rounds yesterday against the KI (god damn, they are tough as hell!)

The KI run double Zarya all the time?!? And it was indeed a devastating combo...I figured, it is time to go back to play more Zarya tonight.

I got a nice gift in the mail today from my friends at Blizzard.. so happy! :D

20160714_191209-e1468542919209.jpg

Genji is my favorite character so artist made a special decal signature for me and gave me a shirt..

20160714_191146-e1468542834151.jpg

Had some very good rounds yesterday with S76 and Hanzo.

Finally got a full combo: win the game, get POTG, get a 5 vote card (never got 10 so far :( and 5 gold medals....yeah.

Also tried out Zarya for a couple of rounds...but I really lost my touch with her, can't make her work anymore. I instantly die all the time...it also seems that all enemies focus on Zarya and her 400hp melt away in a sec.

Also, solo queuing, there was never a Reinhardt with me...people think: Zarya is a tank, so we need no other tank. But that is wrong imo.

Watched a few YT vids about the new hero Ana and the other changes. Looks really cool. Mccree seems super strong again...now that he has higher damage at long distances.

Just got 41 kills in a competetive match with Lucio. Got a PotG as well: first I used soundwave to push one guy down from a ledge, then killed one with my main gun and last killed two guys at once with soundwave (same pit).

Soundwave is also a suprisingly good finisher. It does 25 damage to everybody in front of you. No aiming required. Super handy for killing those low HP tracers and genjis. Just briefly switch to speed aura and bunny hop after them for the finishing blow.

Max DPS trick: Lucio's main weapon shoots five bursts of four bullet before reloading. Soundwave uses 4 bullets, but you can use it even when you have less ammo available (1 is enough, just like Zarya's alternative fire). The trick is to count to five when the bursts start, and right after when the last burst starts you activate soundwave. This way you get soundwave for 1 or 2 bullets. This is nice also because it pushes the enemy back while you reload.

That is cool! What is your rank?
Been hovering around 53. There was some bad team disconnects during my placement maches, so had to climb up from 46 to 53. We have a 1 year old baby at the house, meaning that I don't have much time to play. I have been climbing up steadily until today...

Today my rank plummeted by 4. Started to use D.Va and lost 10 rounds in a row (one disconnect win in between). I really like her new defense matrix and improved bomb. Got PotG + 3 gold medals in the first game (we lost that one as well), but it was big downhill after that. Normally when I play Zarya or Lucio, I always have my face on one of the cards in the finish screen (usually first or second best player in our team). With D.Va I was nowhere to be seen. Feel bad for our teams.

I should have played Lucio in 8 games out of 10, because we didn't have a healer in those games, but Diva update was live and I wanted to test her. My Lucio has gotten very good lately. My healing percentage is usually around 40%. D.Va can never contribute that much to the team. Also for some reason, my Zarya stays alive much better than my D.Va. D.Va has a massive hitbox and she moves super slow when shooting. Zarya is small and bunny hopping all the time. People are also raving about D.Va non-mech form, but she barely does more damage than Lucio (both weapons have infinite range with no range damage reduction). Lucio has +50 HP and he self heals and soundwave offers insta-kills on ledges. I got some 1 vs 1 kills vs Tracer, Ana and Genji, but IMHO Lucio feels stronger in 1 vs 1 situations.

53, that is good!! Still am at 49, my max being 51.

I tried the new page today...god!! D.VA is so strong now. They game got much more agressive imo...I lost all the time today :(

I agree, Lucio is still better. I like that self healing boosts ult now!

I tried the new page today...god!! D.VA is so strong now. They game got much more agressive imo...I lost all the time today :(

I agree, Lucio is still better. I like that self healing boosts ult now!
I am likely going to drop D.Va and stick with Zarya + Lucio as my mains. She is super fun, but my rating drops like rock with her.

I believe that Zarya will be very strong in the current meta. I saw D.Vas on both sides in almost every comp match. Zarya is great against D.Va. Her beam goes through defense matrix, and her barriers save herself + teammate from the bomb. Zarya also wins the 1 vs 1 (unless at low energy). D.Va popularity + her with faster ultimate recharge is great news for Zarya. Easy energy boosts available all the time. Zenyatta was also a great matchup for Zarya, now he also sees much more play. Ana also is a new low hp support hero that likes to play in the range of Zaryas particle grenade spam. Easy kills as both move too slow to dodge the grenades. Lucio (mass heal) is Zaryas worst nightmare. If Ana and Zenyatta see more play, we likely see less Lucio. Zarya is not worried about single character healing. Ana's sleep is also poor against Zarya. Half of Zarya's HP is shield (it regenerates in sleep) and it's likely that both barriers are back up when she awakens. It's much worse to a team if their Reinhardt starts sleeping during the heat of the battle.

Competetive rank of 51 is not actually bad. A stat tool shows that rank 53 is better than 70% of the players. Lots of people below 50.

Last edited:
Hm, I see...right now I have hard times against Dva, as her ult always kills me...it is extreme, how 1s makes all the difference: with 4s, I could always dodge, with 3s I always die.

I like Zenyatta now. My Mccree also gets a nice boost with his long range damage.

I wanted to drop Zarya honestly, as I can't make her work again...I did quite well in the beginning, but now I just insta die. Maybe I need to try her again...or it is her Gothic skin??? :oops:

I wanted to drop Zarya honestly, as I can't make her work again...I did quite well in the beginning, but now I just insta die. Maybe I need to try her again...or it is her Gothic skin??? :oops:
I always use main costumes only. Don't like in-app purchases. Didn't open a single box until I had 20.

But for some reason I like a fancy victory pose. Doesn't affect the game and opponents cannot see it before it's all over :)

Back