Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

In Italy Sam said, he doesn't trust Sully.
I know. Nate said that was the first time they were meeting face to face. Why the hell didn't nate ever introduce his two best friends and adventure buddies to each other before then was never acknowleged in the whole game. That is my only complaint.

Last edited:
I know. Nate said that was the first time they were meeting face to face. Why the hell didn't nate ever introduce his two best friends and adventure buddies to each other before then was never acknowleged in the whole game. That is my only complaint.
The whole thing anyways feels pretty contrived after UC3 established Nate's past. UC4 tried to re-do whats already been done. It feels stupid, whatever may ppl say. I am sure Amy Hennig did not have this planned at all. They dealt with the backstory in UC3 already, we know Nate was an orphan theif who had stars in his eyes. This whole re-imagining to shoe-horn Sam in feels futile to me, to be honest. Why try and change the only revelation we have had into Nate's past and identity??? Why trivialize what has been a major exposition in just the previous game?
They could have had Nate go through the same emotions even if it was Chloe pleading for help. He was always a nice guy and would never not help her ! I feel the whole story about Sam and Nate's "New" past is a bit too contrived.

"Our mother was a historian, so we have to turn into petty theives and robbers and go find Drake's treasure ??? "
WHAT !!! BS

The "street orphan with brains" was a more digestible past.

I agree with every point made by renegade there. Yet, once they decided to shoehorn a brother in there ( pretty cheap device, really ) they could have fit that within the overarching plot a bit more ellegantly.
-Do you really trust this Sullivan guy Nate?
-Yeah, I've trusted my life to him many times and he never betraied me.
-but you only hang out with fim for what? 6 months? A year? When you were 13...
-It were 18 months, and I was 15. But yeah, I got back together with him after I thought you had died, and have been working with him ever since.
Boom, done. How hard was this? I'd even guess something of that sort was drafted at some point, but they decided they'd rather leave that open for further games and material to work with. I disagree with that decision though. As Renegate put it, the whole apearance of a never before mentioned drake brother is way too contrived to leave such nasty question marks unadressed like this. There is still a bunch of other parts of these characters lives open to imagination. They should have given more care to at least this one.

Last edited:
Multiplayer looks amazingly clean without moblur. Great addition, and i also think they tweaked the sharpening down a bit, which is great. Still amazed at how clean this looks for 900p...

Someone at ND must have played the trilogy and found the option a great idea (particularly for the 60fps mode)... Thanks Bluepoint.

Game looks incredibly more clean without motion blur, L.Scofield was right after all. The motion blur is to blame for most of the artifacts (or at least the combination), not the AA. Surprisingly, the TSSAA works wonders without moblur, didn't expect that. Although in motion, moblur is still acceptable, playing without it isn't all that bad either :yep2:

Quick post in; i finally completed it. Took my time and avoided this topic so far. What a ride.

Still. UC2 is unbeaten and remains my favorite. UC4 is solid 2nd, followed by UC3 and then a gap to UC1.

Assuming this is the last, i'm sure gonna miss the series. :( next to MGS, my favorite franchise. As much as i respect TLoU for what it was, it was just too serious themed for my liking. UC = way more fun and enjoyable to me.

Honestly I thought they fit in Drake's brother pretty well. But I don't really pay that strong attention to story details and timelines as much with adventure games, or movies. Just in it for the adventure of it.
Why do they have green screen on their crotch?
Maybe easier to differentiate between their upper legs.

They are dancing after all, very fast movements.

Back