Battlefield 1

Ps4 is 900P..check the other thread

It does look a little better on PS4 than I first gave it credit for (was judging off IGN 13 minute video or whatever). Campaign on this on PC/Neo/Scorpio will be insane looking I think. MP already looks amazing on PC and good on PS4.

Thank goodness I will be able to max the graphics and go below 60 FPS to 30 FPS on PC if needed.
Yep seriously this game even on PS4 looks impressive. Screengrabs from PS4 given in the other thread:

http://imgur.com/a/hfyen

That's probably the most realistic FPS I have ever seen, VR ready! On par with Battlefront IMO. So it definitely proves that Battlefront looked great not because of a nostalgia effect from the movies.

Actually I thought Battlefront looks better than this Alpha, too many low res textures and lack of grass in this build. 1080p with higher settings should give it a very nice boost.

It was only a 6GB download so I'm not sure what textures they were using got the Alpha. It maybe lower res ones just to keep the download size smaller.

I guess no more terrain/object tessellation like in Battlefront?

Tubgoa3.png

OLlGUIk.png

It's still an alpha so anything can change. Really like the TAA, looks clean in motion.

Not like in Battlefront, maybe toned down a bit. Or just optimizing for the final game.

PS4 alpha is looking pretty good, I wonder what the framerate is like.
TAA makes a huge difference in making it look more cinematic and less gamey.

Does anyone know if the scout class has access to semi-auto rifles (eg. like the M139 EMR, SKS etc from BF3/4)? And what about silencers, are they out? Any other weapon attachment that hides you on the map when you fire?

DMRs seem to be the primary of the medic class which I find odd since medics need to be close to the action in order to revive players.

Unless, I don't know how to change the configuration the alpha has only two load outs per gun available and I didn't see any silencers, but don't take that as definitive of the final game.

DMRs seem to be the primary of the medic class which I find odd since medics need to be close to the action in order to revive players.

Unless, I don't know how to change the configuration the alpha has only two load outs per gun available and I didn't see any silencers, but don't take that as definitive of the final game.
Yes I noticed that in the livestream, was wondering why the medics have long range weapons too!

Hope they have silencers or the equivalent (unless you no longer show up on radar when shooting), as my playstyle revolves around that and DMRs - oh and the radio beacon which lets you create a spawning point, that seems to be gone too.

PC/PS4/XBO alpha comparison

Looks like 900P PS4 and 720 XBO I guess, as each platform degrades compared to the prior.

But this time XBO looks unusually blurry for some reason, worse than I recall 720P games appearing on youtube in the past, you usually cannot tell this much. I mean it could even be 600P or something, or maybe some problem with the capture.

Also maybe a glitch or who even knows but in one segment there was less grass on XBO to boot. Maybe Phil was right and Scorpio cant come too soon.

I guess no more terrain/object tessellation like in Battlefront?

It may be due to the extensive destruction that players can cause. I was listening to a guy on a podcast that is in the alpha and he mentioned that there is even terrain deformation. If you cause a large enough explosion you can create a crater in the ground which you can then use for cover.

Everything basically being destructible might make tessellation difficult.

He also mentioned this might possibly be the best looking game this generation so far.

Regards,
SB

Back