Inside by Playdead [XO, PS4 soon]

Yeah, just saw it pop up in my Steam discovery queue. And it looks amazing. The graphical style reminds me a lot of a game from 1991 called Another World or Out of this World (North America) or Outer World (Japan) except darker and modern :p.

Anyway, yeah, seems to be getting some amazingly good reviews.

Definitely going onto my buying wishlist.

Regards,
SB

Played a little bit this morning. Very much like Limbo. Same style of puzzles and movement. I'd call it a sequel in terms of gameplay, but it's a totally different story. Very intense.

Very intense story. It's like terrifying because they captured that intensity that probably comes with being a child growing up in a war torn time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game is blowing my mind. It's very simple. Just like Limbo. But the art direction and the atmosphere are incredible. I'm completely engrossed. Do not skip this game if you have an Xbox One or PC!

NO SPOILERS!

PC requirements:

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, AMD FX 8120 @ 3.1 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce 250 GTS, AMD Radeon HD6570 or equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Storage: 3 GB available space

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 2.7 GHz, AMD Phenom II 945 @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660, Radeon R9-270
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 3 GB available space

Damnit, my plan is to wait for it to go on sale, but you're making it damn hard to do so. I very rarely buy anything for greater than 50% off launch price. Most of the games I buy are 75-90% lower than launch price. Grrrrr. :p

Regards,
SB

My recommendation is to not watch any gameplay. If you've played Limbo, you'll know what to expect. You'll just spoil the game if you watch anything.

The people who animated the characters deserve a medal, or trophy of some kind. As well as the sound people, and the people who designed the levels ... and the title screen ... and the story.

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT DO NOT CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME

GDC presentations of the tech behind Inside (unfortunately video presentation of the 2 first papers are only available to subscribers):

FX and Rendering Paper: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023002/Low-Complexity-High-Fidelity-INSIDE

Temporal AA paper: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022970/Temporal-Reprojection-Anti-Aliasing-in

Audio sound design presentation: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023731/A-Game-That-Listens-The

The animation team did a phenomenal job. I'd like to see a talk about that. The way the character moves and interacts with other characters is so great. Not to mention some ... stuff.

Also, that temporal AA works incredibly well. Image is very stable. Beautiful game.

Last edited:
Just finished! Wow! What an experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back