Nvidia Pascal Announcement

Also, for FP64 CUDA cores, FP64 and FP16 ( or 10) are needed for be certified DX12 ( optional on DX11_0, DX11_1, required in DX12 ).. Theres not minimum performance value, but should be at least in theory capable of it.

@CSI_PC : Its calling marketing...
Maybe I don't understand you correctly, but:

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
Description AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
VendorId 0x00001002
DeviceId 0x000067b0
SubSysId 0x04df1043
Revision 128
DedicatedVideoMemory (MB) 8,170
DedicatedSystemMemory (MB) 0
SharedSystemMemory (MB) 8,157
Remote No
Graphics Preemption Granularity DMA Buffer
Compute Preemption Granularity DMA Buffer
[…]
Direct3D 12
Feature Level D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0
Double-precision Shaders Yes
Standard Swizzle 64KB No
Extended formats TypedUAVLoad Yes
Conservative Rasterization Not supported
Resource Binding Tier 3
Tiled Resources Tier 2
Resource Heap Tier 2
PS-Specified Stencil Ref Yes
Rasterizer Ordered Views No
VP/RT without GS Emulation Yes
Cross-adapter RM Texture No
Cross-node Sharing No
Tile-based Renderer No
UMA No
Cache Coherent UMA No
Max GPU VM bits per resource 40
Max GPU VM bits per process 40
Minimum Precision Full
[\quote]
My highlighting.

GeForce GTX 1060 Spotted in Hong Kong
index.php

The card seems to be a GeForce GTX 1060 reference-design, the graphics kinda resemble the GeForce GTX 1080/1070 style. That card also seems a bit shorter than usual. it was spotted and bought at this retailer. Word out on the street (reddit) is that the card sold for roughly 299 USD but in fact could be a 199 USD product. At this time there are no specs available on the product, but if they are spotted on Asia market, a release could be imminent really soon.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/geforce-gtx-1060-spotted-in-hong-kong.html

GeForce GTX 1060 Spotted in Hong Kong
Wow, after quite a bit of silence, the 1060 seems closer than expected. So much for "We believe we are months ahead in this transition".

If it manages to reach 480X performance with a smaller die, a lower number of DRAMs, and lower production cost, the pipedream/storyline of AMD taking over the mainstream performance segment may run into some issues as well.

Wow, after quite a bit of silence, the 1060 seems closer than expected. So much for "We believe we are months ahead in this transition".

If it manages to reach 480X performance with a smaller die, a lower number of DRAMs, and lower production cost, the pipedream/storyline of AMD taking over the mainstream performance segment may run into some issues as well.

Likelihood of a photoshop? Pic looks legit though.

Or it's some mockup to steal some thunder, the timing couldn't be better. Also, the PCB is missing it's product code / number / whatever

Seeing that AMD is ready to release its new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card soon and company vice president Raja Koduri steadily managing the Radeon graphics technology business, Nvidia has decided to start selling its GeForce GTX 1060 products, which were originally set to launch in August, in the near future to defend from the competition.
With AMD aggressively pushing into the mid-range and mainstream sectors, Nvidia has moved forward the releases of GeForce GTX 1060 products by a month and is likely to reduce their prices to make them more competitive.
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20160627PD207.html

Nvidia might have been waiting to see what AMD had. /cynic
But, but I thought the late to market strategy of Polaris was deliberate, so AMD could set their price after Nvidia had painted itself into a corner with GP104? ;)

All that said: are we sure that this thing was actually bought at a retailer? We could still be a month or two away from release...

Back in April, HardwareBattle in Korea had oddly specific model detail info about three GP104 SKUs. This 1060 picture could be fake, but if its real it could be a third GP104 design, not GP106. However, the HardwareBattle leak did mention the third SKU would be non-reference only, and the picture clearly shows a reference design.

The photo source seems fishy. Bought at retail? That'd be a surprising first for a new major model leak. Took one photo only? And didn't show the box?

But..one tiny detail supports the idea the photo is real and that it's GP106 and not GP104: the PCB length is much shorter than the GTX 1070's. It's only a dozen pixels in the image, but you can see how the PCB stops right at the fan, and the rest of the cooler is just extending past the PCB.
If this 1060 were a third GP104 SKU, I'd expect NVidia to reuse the 1070's PCB.

But, but I thought the late to market strategy of Polaris was deliberate, so AMD could set their price after Nvidia had painted itself into a corner with GP104? ;)

All that said: are we sure that this thing was actually bought at a retailer? We could still be a month or two away from release...

GP100 2016/04 - Check
GP104 GTX 1080/1070 2016/06 - Check

GP106 GTX 1060 July 2016.

NVIDIA-2014-2017-GPU-Roadmap.png

This 1060 picture could be fake, but if its real it could be a third GP104 design, not GP106.
Can there be enough salvage chips for a third model graphics card based on the same GPU to be viable? If it's going to be a cheaper, lower-performance card, there's going to have to be a lot of chips available or the card would become a joke product, constantly out of stock.

If this 1060 were a third GP104 SKU, I'd expect NVidia to reuse the 1070's PCB.
I don't see why a cheaper, lower performance card couldn't use a cheaper, lower-specced PCB... :)

(Btw, you can click on the thumbnail image in the Guru3D newspost to get a much larger version of the alleged 1060...)

yeah the shadows on the GTX 1060 just don't seem right.
Shadows look fine to me. Are you repeating a variation of the common "I know a photoshop" meme perhaps? :)

Shadows look fine to me. Are you repeating a variation of the common "I know a photoshop" meme perhaps? :)

Yeah a little bit that and 3d, take a look at the Shadow on the G of the GTX, the edge shadowing of the upper part just looks off, could be I'm looking for something that isn't there but my brain tells me its just weird.

Can there be enough salvage chips for a third model graphics card based on the same GPU to be viable?
Sure. GK104 third tier was used in OEM GTX 660s. GM104 third tier was used in OEM GTX 960s.
But neither were launch products. They were just a way of using up leftover third rank salvage GPUs. Making them OEM only removed NVidia's obligation to keep supply steady. This supposed GTX 1060 doesn't match the historical GTX x04 third tier.

Sure. GK104 third tier was used in OEM GTX 660s. GM104 third tier was used in OEM GTX 960s.
But neither were launch products. They were just a way of using up leftover third rank salvage GPUs. Making them OEM only removed NVidia's obligation to keep supply steady. This supposed GTX 1060 doesn't match the historical GTX x04 third tier.
You're forgetting GTX 660 Ti, which was a retail part, albeit one quickly forgotten.

Makes it easy to market : a GTX 1060 with 6GB.
The place that just says "AIB design" on HardwareBattle Korea has me think it means there's no card with a cute blower that looks like Titan, GTX 780, GTX 980 (...) 1080 and 1070 founder's edition.

That may close the gap between a 1070 8GB and a more modest GP106 card that gets 4GB on 128bit only. Avoids the "3.5GB + 0.5GB" mess on the previous generation.

Um, perhaps it would be that 192bit idea, but they call it GTX 1060 Ti and launch it early, because god damn it we're doing whatever we want, so they think. Goes against the RX480 very roughly.

192bit GM204 product exists too, on laptops. It's the 970M.

Last edited:
TSMC being blamed for NVIDIA GTX 1080, GTX 1070 supply issues and retailer price gouging

It is also being said that a major reason behind the shortage of GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 is some issue at the supply end. Manufacturer TSMC is not being able to produce the 14nm silicon chips at the expected rate, causing slow-downs in the production of the GPU. Still, the Nvidia GTX 1080 is the biggest volume high-performance card that Nvidia has launched till date.

So if you are waiting in line to buy the new GeForce GTX 1070 and GTX 1080, hold on to your wallet and refrain from paying a premium amount for the cards as Nvidia will soon resolve this shortage issue. Stay tuned for more updates!.
http://www.mobipicker.com/nvidia-ge...inues-to-grow-manufacturer-tsmc-to-be-blamed/

Back