Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

Hmmm I don't know if the Gears demo is PC or X1. PC guy says it was a Titan X, but I think Digital Foundry's framerate test says it was an X1. I'm sure it will be sorted out as we get closer to release.

Either way, my old ass eyes couldn't really notice the dynamic resolution on Halo 5, so it really doesn't matter to me as long as the quality of what's rendered is good and the gameplay is fun!

Hmmm I don't know if the Gears demo is PC or X1. PC guy says it was a Titan X, but I think Digital Foundry's framerate test says it was an X1. I'm sure it will be sorted out as we get closer to release.

Either way, my old ass eyes couldn't really notice the dynamic resolution on Halo 5, so it really doesn't matter to me as long as the quality of what's rendered is good and the gameplay is fun!

The Rod Ferugesson guy tweeted that it was indeed running on Xbox One.

Evidently the rain also realistically washes the blood off the armor. :D Dodger (PressHeartToContinue on Youtube) was absolutely enamored with this graphical effect. According to her it was one of the most impressive things she saw at E3. :D And she just stared at it for a few minutes.

Regards,
SB

I just wanted to post these to show off the asset quality and the lighting I mentioned earlier.
Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (7).png

The other (fort) footage looks unimpressive, foliage is really bland (lacking specular highlights). I was expecting foliage similar to Uncharted 4's young Drake and Sam chapter.

What did they do to the muzzle flash on the lancer? It looked great in the E3 demo, looks weird here.

Otherwise, looks awesome. The sudden color change at 3:32 is really cool, don't think I've seen anything like rhat before..

Really like the AA, overall IQ is really clean here. The swaying trees are a nice touch too, adds to the atmosphere in the beginning. Everything else ranges from good to eh. I'm not a fan of the animations but i guess they are keeping them exactly the same as previous entries to not feel different, which i'm not really a fan of. Definitely going to give it a try though, may be a case of plays great but doesn't demo great.

The new footage looked better than the E3 showing but still nothing mind blowing, the lighting, rain effect and lighting looked nice but the rest are just average ish, I expected better from MS' flagship graphics showcase. I wonder how big of a difference the HDR mode would make, also can't wait to see a current gen Brumak.

The new footage looked better than the E3 showing but still nothing mind blowing, the lighting, rain effect and lighting looked nice but the rest are just average ish, I expected better from MS' flagship graphics showcase. I wonder how big of a difference the HDR mode would make, also can't wait to see a current gen Brumak.

I don't think Brumaks will be in here considering all the locust are dead but you could get a mutated Brumak, similar to the one we saw in Gears 2.

Hate that post Uncharted all characters in all games have to chatter non-stop through a level. have started hating this everywhere post UC4.

The gfx look great, tbh, but I feel the game doesn't have its own character yet.Gears knew what it was and pushed it to th emax. This one doesn't know whether its super brutal happy, cheerful, teeny, adult , serious, comic or whatnot. It swings all over.

Gears has always had chatter.

Look at all that Juice!

yeah. it did and I remember being annoyed at the too many radio conversations after every encounter where u could not sprint in Gears 2. I guess that was to force us to slow down so that they could stream in the next encounter back then.

Back