AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but the gtx 980 was a performance card vs a 780ti which was an enthusiast card. Pretty much the same thing for Polaris, different gen but one tier lower, which is a normal gen cycle.

yeah but the gtx 980 was a performance card vs a 780ti which was an enthusiast card. Pretty much the same thing for Polaris, different gen but one tier lower, which is a normal gen cycle.

Which was the entire point if you look back at Gralls post. The Rx 480 isn't the flagship card just like the GTX 980 wasn't the flagship card despite them both launching first.

Regards,
SB

Yes the Title has changed at least three time.

First it was 150 watts, then it was 100 watt range and now it is 110 watts.

Who gets to decide title changes and why is their no reason given for the changes?
If you read the thread you'd know why things changed.

So people were actually expecting it to rival a Titan X?

I blame wccf's hype, that Khalid guy who's posting above 980 and nano equalling performance for the stock card and then 1.6Ghz+ overclocked cards on top of that.

A 20% overclock even at 390X's level puts it in 980Ti/Fury X/1070 ballpark performance, at 10% faster than 980 you're looking at OCed cards beating out 980Ti and matching Titan X/1070.

Well that 1.6Ghz+ card SS is at 1607Mhz which suspiciously is gtx1080's base clock. The other 'source' is some guy on overclock.net getting leaks from his brother and his brother's friends. :-|

Current listing in india prices it so that gtx1070 is 30% pricier, doesn't make sense to get the amd card if you have the dough.

Well that 1.6Ghz+ card SS is at 1607Mhz which suspiciously is gtx1080's base clock. The other 'source' is some guy on overclock.net getting leaks from his brother and his brother's friends. :-|

Current listing in india prices it so that gtx1070 is 30% pricier, doesn't make sense to get the amd card if you have the dough.

Well India prices are always high, I'm surprised only 30%, I remember 10 years ago,when I was building as system for a cousin over there, to get a mid range card they were double the price, ended up getting it anyways, cause I didn't have time to wait for it to be shipped from overseas. Import taxes were crazy back then, maybe they have gone down a bit.

Also with all this "300 bucks super special OC cards" I think we can assume that the P10 with 36 CU is the full chip and it wont be annother with 40 CUs.

Off topic: The mod that is changing the tittle is just showing us how immature he is. Please grow up.

Which was the entire point if you look back at Gralls post. The Rx 480 isn't the flagship card just like the GTX 980 wasn't the flagship card despite them both launching first.

Regards,
SB
Actually, Maxwell launched with GM107, aka GTX 750ti, some 7 months before 980. I think we can agree that it also wasn't a flagship card :)

Actually, Maxwell launched with GM107, aka GTX 750ti, some 7 months before 980. I think we can agree that it also wasn't a flagship card :)
We can also agree that there's actually two Maxwell -generations, and GM107 was one of a kind chip and a generation as itself

Ah, I'd actually forgotten about that. I wonder what people would be saying if AMD were only launching with Polaris 11? :D

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back