Spiderman Exclusivity lack-of-fallout thread *spawn

It's a fair discussion. Given an apparently similar situation, why is the reaction different? Hopefully there's been enough explanation that SB appreciates it's not due to blind fanboyism.

It is very easy and it was explain by other before. Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced for all system before Microsoft sign an exclusive deal...

Spiderman was an exclusive games since the beginning. The most popular Marvel character into an exclusive franchise is illogical... Business is business, Marvel wanted a deal with Sony for Spiderman movies right and Disney /Marvel compromise and gives the rights to Sony for Spiderman games... Sony has an other advantage they are the leader by far with PS4...

My main critic is some people prefer have a mediocre multiplatform Spiderman game than a good or very good exclusive one...

I am fan of Insomniac Games and I only have a PS4. I never cry when they did Sunset Overdrive. It is life I have done my choice if I was Halo and Gears fans I would have buy an Xbox One...

Exclusive Games are part of the game after every people do some choice...

Last edited:
And even if they do - who cares that much about Spiderman? I certainly don't. I do care about Insomniac though, regardless if their game has Spidey, Wolverine or any other character on the cover.

Who cares about Spiderman? Lol. Yah, just some unpopular character, but Tomb Raider is a big deal.

It is very easy and it was explain by other before. Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced for all system before Microsoft sign an exclusive deal...

Not doubting you, but did really was presented as a multiplatform??

Spiderman was an exclusive games since the beginning. The most popular Marvel character into an exclusive franchise is illogical... Business is business, Marvel wanted a deal with Sony for Spiderman movies right and Disney /Marvel compromise and gives the rights to Sony for Spiderman games... Sony has an other advantage they are the leader by far with PS4...

My main critic is some people prefer have a mediocre multiplatform Spiderman game than a good or very good exclusive one...

I am fan of Insomniac Games and I only have a PS4. I never cry when they did Sunset Overdrive. It is life I have done my choice if I was Halo and Gears fans I would have buy an Xbox One...

Exclusive Games are part of the game after every people do some choice...

It could be argued that spidey as a beloved character has been since the dawn of this industry in countless video games, so it would be logical to expect a multiplatform game, as usual.

"My main critic is some people prefer have a mediocre multiplatform Spiderman game than a good or very good exclusive one..."

Really?, come on... what a correlation did you present.

Anyway, this is business.

Not doubting you, but did really was presented as a multiplatform??

It could be argued that spidey as a beloved character has been since the dawn of this industry in countless video games, so it would be logical to expect a multiplatform game, as usual.

"My main critic is some people prefer have a mediocre multiplatform Spiderman game than a good or very good exclusive one..."

Really?, come on... what a correlation did you present.

Anyway, this is business.

I don't trust Activision with movie tie in to produce a great Spiderman Games...

If the quality was there I will be happy to play it like Xbox player were happy to play Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break or Halo 5, HaloWars 2, multiple Forza, before end of the year Gears of War 4 or Dead Rising 3 or Ori, Cuphead, Below or Inside, Dead Rising 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider one year before PS4 player...

Last edited:
It's a fair discussion. Given an apparently similar situation, why is the reaction different? Hopefully there's been enough explanation that SB appreciates it's not due to blind fanboyism.

Well the OP didn't really ask a question to spark a discussion. They answered a question so as to cast aspersions. That's why I describe the OP in this way.

Thanks to @chris1515 for confirming what I suspected and that the game was already announced for other platforms before it was announced as an exclusive. This should clarify for the original poster.

EDIT: Oh, and I expect the game to be about as good as Superman 64.

Well the OP didn't really ask a question to spark a discussion. They answered a question so as to cast aspersions. That's why I describe the OP in this way.

Thanks to @chris1515 for confirming what I suspected and that the game was already announced for other platforms before it was announced as an exclusive. This should clarify for the original poster.

EDIT: Oh, and I expect the game to be about as good as Superman 64.

TR came out on pc and xbox one. So it released on multiple systems.

I'd actually be very surprised if that conversation didn't happen!

Marvel were pretty desperate to take back Spider-Man and have him in the MCU.

If I were Sony, OF COURSE I'd have asked for anything I could ask for, including games. It would be completely retarded if they hadn't done that.

Now, does that mean that Marvel did buckle under the pressure? We'll know eventually. But to think that Sony didn't explore that possibility is extremely naive.

There is no way that Spidey exclusive to playstation wasn't part of the deal because the publicly known details of the deal heavily favors Disney.

What has removal of an old game got to do with an upcoming new Spidey game? it's not available on PSN either AFAICS. Activision tie-ins like TMNT and Spogebob are also removed according to your GAF thread.

What has removal of an old game got to do with an upcoming new Spidey game? it's not available on PSN either AFAICS. Activision tie-ins like TMNT and Spogebob are also removed according to your GAF thread.

Because it is end of Activision license probably end of march...

And now the Spiderman license for game is probably on Sony side...

And it is linked to Activision stopping to do licensed games(SpongeBob, TMNT...)

Last edited:
I'm not hugely surprised. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions was originally announced in 2010 (yes, seven years ago) for 360, PS3 and even the DS and the recent Spiderman (or Spider-Man, don't attack me comic nerds) games from Activision were pure shit. I recall the last decent game being on PS2.

Marvel's IP is now a big deal, pulling in billions in profits and they obviously don't want crappy games devaluing it. They've said exactly this recently [Polygon].

Jay Ong Marvel Vice President of Games said:
"When I joined Marvel two years ago, I came in with a mandate to usher in a new era for Marvel Games. We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth. What can we do with this to create truly epic games?

One of the things we really focus on in terms of our new strategy is that we all believe that great games drive the brand and great games are what our fans really deserve. The question is, 'How we can get there?' The thing we landed on is to be really selective with who we partner with. Extremely selective. Right now I would say that out of every 10 opportunities we look at, we maybe do one.

What we look at first and foremost is the talent level of partner. Are they world class in building the games we're talking about? They have to have world-class talent. They have to be able to invest the resources to make that talent sing. Equally important is, do they have passion for the IP they're working on? Do they share the same ambition? Do they love the character? We look for passion, that comes through in the first 30 seconds.

The cancellation is either a sign that Activision's licensing deal with Marvel expired or Marvel brought pressure to bear on Activision over the quality of what they were working on. They obviously have a deal with Sony but that deal doesn't necessarily mean Sony are the only developer/publisher that Marvel want to partner with on Spidey IP.

We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth.
Including physics defying rope-physics, that I just can't forget whenever I see Spidey warp around gravity.

As for the new game, I guess Infamous and Sunset Overdrive shows Insomniac do city traversal well. It'll be interested to her if Sony went to Insomniac or vice versa. I guess the former.

Is absolutely shitty for gamers though, that major IP can be platform exclusive. Here's many of us wanting Nintendo to go cross-plat so we don't need to buy a Nintendo box to play Nintendo IP, and then someone ends up securing an exclusive on a property that really shouldn't be. Probably just a glitch related to the movie rights, but (non PS4) owning gamers should be protesting at Marvel. That or working on PS4 emulation on PC, to go with Switch emulation. :devilish:

Back