God of War [PS4, PC]

I'll just clarify it again; When I said the "fixed" camera layout was a possible advantage, I didn't mean to suggest that the engine wasn't rendering more than what you saw from the fixed angle. I was more highlighting the fact that knowing that the game is seen from 'predictable angles' most of the time gives certain advantages to how you budget your scene and where to dedicate resources opposed to perhaps this new incarnation of GoW that looks to have a more floaty 3rd person camera similar to say Uncharted that is perhaps even user controllable and offers a very long view into the scene. The fact that you are now dealing with a scene that is much more explorable because you can walk up to any object and actually get a very close look at it as a result of the camera being much closer drastically increases the required fidelity to pull of the entire scene. Again, compare this to a game where the camera is situated from a higher angle most of time and only pulls into close-ups during certain moves.

I think this is quite apparent when you go back and play GoW3. It's a beautiful game with amazing art, but most of it is always viewed from quite a distance. If you actually had the means to go and inspect all these little details up close, you'd probably see that [compared to other games with a more conventional camera set-up] that it's lacking in places you wouldn't have thought, because during normal gameplay, you won't get even close to it.

I mean, it's all quite logical in the end. Performance is limited and what you see and how good something looks is always a bit down to smokes and mirrors.

From gaf, thought it's fitting here:).
200w.gif

I actually could see Kratos ripping Thor (Hemsworth) into tiny little pieces and not bothering with the stupid hammer. Mwhahahaha. :cool: Okay, that's definitely Kratos before the new GoW. :p

I actually could see Kratos ripping Thor (Hemsworth) into tiny little pieces and not bothering with the stupid hammer. Mwhahahaha. :cool: Okay, that's definitely Kratos before the new GoW. :p
Haha I doubt even Thanos could stop Kratos, he would probably rip the Infinity Gauntlet off along with the arm and wear it for himself.

Amazing, truly amazing! Really wanna see a technical break down of this guy, the model looks very dense in polygon, high res textures from head to toe, very nice SSS during gameplay, I noticed muscle deformation too during gameplay and the beard man, must be some fancy fur shaders and what not. I hope there's a Golden Fleece unlockable after the first run.

Eagle eyed gaffer once again picked up on something cool. If not mistaken, we're seeing something like
maxresdefault.jpg
moving in the background:oops:
giphy.gif

Yeah Jörmungandr, its preposterous huge size can encircle the earth and grasp its own tail. I think it might be much smaller in game tho, maybe something a bit bigger than Titans. I'm starting to think can an axe really kill something that big without something along the line of Blade of Olympus.

Back